You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Well moremlike hockeyvile.... so far... not so good

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Yikes!!! I stopped paying attention after it got to 4-0

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Brutal.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Team bonding.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It was comical both how bad the Sens were playing and then also the ridiculous bounces against them.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Thankfully I only saw the first before I left. One of the slashing penalties against the Sens was a player trying to shoot the puck and on his follow-through the stick rode up the blade of the Devils player trying to stick-check him and may have touched him on the glove. They didn't deserve to win but the penalties -- at least in the first -- appeared to be very one sided.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Chlapik to Belleville, Randell waived fur the purpose of assigning to Belleville, Vandevelde released from his PTO.

Brown and Chabot ever so close to sticking around a little longer.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Both would be able to help the PP, while playing sheltered 5v5 minutes. So there is a good chance they stay.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Brown might get a couple of games. Pretty cool.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Brown might get a couple of games.  Pretty cool.

Yeah but hopefully that's it. I don't necessarely would want him to stick with the big club. Go back to juniors, dominate and come back next year with the hope to make the club.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah but hopefully that's it. I don't necessarely would want him to stick with the big club. Go back to juniors, dominate and come back next year with the hope to make the club.

I doubt he'll stick, not with Brassard coming back along with Turris and Pageau/Smith/Thompson. This is his year to destroy the OHL and play a part for Team Canada I assume.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I doubt he'll stick, not with Brassard coming back along with Turris and Pageau/Smith/Thompson.  This is his year to destroy the OHL and play a part for Team Canada I assume.

Team USA unfortunately.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think even if he makes the team they'd let him go to the Worlds, like they did with Lazar.

Turris, Brassard, Pageau, Thompson, Smith. And White will be back soon enough.  Unless there are injuries I doubt he would be anywhere near "essential".

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hobiesens wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I doubt he'll stick, not with Brassard coming back along with Turris and Pageau/Smith/Thompson.  This is his year to destroy the OHL and play a part for Team Canada I assume.

Team USA unfortunately.

Oh yeah, forgot he was american.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore
I rarely post but when I get credible information I don't mind passing it along. Melnyk will be gone within 2 years most likely. He's going to get all his ducks in a row and get the arena approved and will sale before the shovel is even in the ground. The banks will be happy because they don't trust him and financing could be an issue.

The new arena can still be ready for opening night in October 2021, the talks are ongoing but should not hold back any plans going forward. The remediation of the land can be done when the construction starts.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:I rarely post but when I get credible information I don't mind passing it along. Melnyk will be gone within 2 years most likely. He's going to get all his ducks in a row and get the arena approved and will sale before the shovel is even in the ground. The banks will be happy because they don't trust him and financing could be an issue.

The new arena can still be ready for opening night in October 2021, the talks are ongoing but should not hold back any plans going forward. The remediation of the land can be done when the construction starts.

Thanks for the information! I personally don't care who owns the team but this would be seen as good news.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Hobiesens wrote:I rarely post but when I get credible information I don't mind passing it along. Melnyk will be gone within 2 years most likely. He's going to get all his ducks in a row and get the arena approved and will sale before the shovel is even in the ground. The banks will be happy because they don't trust him and financing could be an issue.

Wow!!! That's quite the news! I for one am very happy to hear this. If anything new owners are always eager to prove that they are fully committed to this team. Should be some smooth sailing in a couple of years. 

Now what does that say about the next two? Still very much a budget team?

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Even if he wants to sell you need a buyer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum