Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Man. Stone keeps this up, he's cashing in huge. The good news on that front is that he'll still be a RFA.

Paul, Rodewald, and Harpur have been sent back to Belleville, Hogberg was sent to the ECHL (Brampton).

Bobby and Boro have been activated from the IR.

Yes, Bobby! Claesson stepped up huge in Sweden and has been playing well for a while now. Boro coming back should help with clearing out the front of the net. Good stuff!

I like our top 6 a lot more with Ryan on it. Still, Id rather we had Dzingel playing with smith and Pageau on our third line. So that still has us needing a top 6 LW. Mac could have been that guy I guess but he might be done for good. At any rate we shouldnt include him in possibilities.
    Hey maybe he gets back for the playoffs as our last minute secret weapon again. That would be awesome.

But until then I sure hope Dorion is trying to get someone in there. Unsure if White could be that guy this season by the time playoffs come around.

He apparently is, if you believe people in the 'know'. He knows as well as we do that going past the deadline with Dzingel/Smith as your 2nd line LW isn't optimum. We need Mac so badly - and if we can't have him, we need a player who can contribute 55 points and 20 goals in the 2nd line LW position. Which sounds like a lot to ask, but we're fairly loaded in the top 6, especially at C, so a solid player like Perron should be able to come here and produce.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13619

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!

Traitor.... Sarcasm

Dont you dare wear become a flames semi-fan!!! Laugh1

Does wearing a brand new Monohan Jersey count as traitorous? 😮

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not Sens related but, going to my first game in Calgary tonight vs. The Blues! 200 level. Ahhhhh!

Traitor.... Sarcasm

Does wearing a brand new Monahan Jersey count as traitorous? 😮

Facepalm
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 am

Really liking the next 10 games we have coming up as a test of how good we are. I'd say 7-8 out of the next 10 will be a good trst for the team. We come out of there with 14 points or more and we are in good
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16437
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:53 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Traitor.... Sarcasm

Does wearing a brand new Monahan Jersey count as traitorous? 😮

Facepalm

How'd it go, Clutch? It was a ridiculous game.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2001
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

Nick Paul with a pretty disappointing showing in Sweden. Paul, Hogberg, Harpur returned to Bingo with the return of Ryan and Boro this Thursday. When does White get the call-up? Is Rodewald > White at this point?
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am

I don't see how he was disappointing, he didn't play much and there's no room for him.

White definitely > Rodewald, he just needs to get the experience and conditioning up.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 am

Also does Nick Paul's play promulgate a trade? At this point I don't think he's Ottawa solution for a top nine. And with the Smith injury I am surprised that White hasn't been recalled...
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also does Nick Paul's play promulgate a trade? At this point I don't think he's Ottawa solution for a top nine. And with the Smith injury I am surprised that White hasn't been recalled...

White needs to get in full game shape and focus as he missed all of camp and the beginning of the regular season.

Not sure what you mean about Paul, they weren't trying to make him a Top 9 player.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 am

Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also does Nick Paul's play promulgate a trade? At this point I don't think he's Ottawa solution for a top nine. And with the Smith injury I am surprised that White hasn't been recalled...

White needs to get in full game shape and focus as he missed all of camp and the beginning of the regular season.

Not sure what you mean about Paul, they weren't trying to make him a Top 9 player.

Dorion was saying they needed top-nine help and there has been trade interest in Paul hence why he was showcased and sent back down. I haven't seen any Belleville games but apparently White has been all over the ice, carrying the puck well, and directing the powerplay. He is better than his stats are suggesting. I imagine he's the next call-up. Belleville plays tomorrow.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Dorion was saying they needed top-nine help and there has been trade interest in Paul hence why he was showcased and sent back down. I haven't seen any Belleville games but apparently White has been all over the ice, carrying the puck well, and directing the powerplay. He is better than his stats are suggesting. I imagine he's the next call-up. Belleville plays tomorrow.

He was sent down because there is no room for him to play.

White has been good, he'll be back soon for sure.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am

Ev wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Dzingel-Brass-Stone
    Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    DiDomenico-Pageau-Pyatt
    Burrows-Thompson-Rodewald

Smith injured.

Is DiDomenico here to stay? I am strongly of the opinion that White > Rodewald. I'm just surprised to see Rodewald still up here I guess.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

Ev wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Dzingel-Brass-Stone
    Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    DiDomenico-Pageau-Pyatt
    Burrows-Thompson-Rodewald

Smith injured.

Is DiDomenico here to stay? I am strongly of the opinion that White > Rodewald. I'm just surprised to see Rodewald still up here I guess.

He's not, he was sent down yesterday. Obviously White > Rodewald. They will go with 7D on Thursday if Boro can play.

DiDo is definitely here to stay all season IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am

In other news, Dorion mentioned on the radio that Mac likely will not return to the NHL. I think he was insinuating that this extends past this season.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nick Paul with a pretty disappointing showing in Sweden. Paul, Hogberg, Harpur returned to Bingo with the return of Ryan and Boro this Thursday. When does White get the call-up? Is Rodewald > White at this point?

Rodewald is gonna be an extra, he won't play much. They'll give White another week or two, IMO, then he'll get the call and that'll be that.

I didn't think Paul was disappointing. You can't do much on a 4th line shift with 6 minutes of icetime.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am

Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players

I think Boucher has probably been pretty up front with Dorion about how he's gonna handle young players, but I'm really curious what's gonna happen when White gets the green light. 6 minutes a night or will he plant him with Pageau and Smith and let them Diddle up opponents all night.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya there seems to be a disconnect between Boucher and Dorion in terms of player development. At some point you have to give some other players ice-time or they will never improve. He needs to have a little more faith in his younger players

when he gets White he will be given a good amount of ice time. It's not about age, it's about ability.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm