You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:I rarely post but when I get credible information I don't mind passing it along. Melnyk will be gone within 2 years most likely. He's going to get all his ducks in a row and get the arena approved and will sale before the shovel is even in the ground. The banks will be happy because they don't trust him and financing could be an issue.

The new arena can still be ready for opening night in October 2021, the talks are ongoing but should not hold back any plans going forward. The remediation of the land can be done when the construction starts.

Thanks for the information! I personally don't care who owns the team but this would be seen as good news.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Hobiesens wrote:I rarely post but when I get credible information I don't mind passing it along. Melnyk will be gone within 2 years most likely. He's going to get all his ducks in a row and get the arena approved and will sale before the shovel is even in the ground. The banks will be happy because they don't trust him and financing could be an issue.

The new arena can still be ready for opening night in October 2021, the talks are ongoing but should not hold back any plans going forward. The remediation of the land can be done when the construction starts.
Wow!!! That's quite the news! I for one am very happy to hear this. If anything new owners are always eager to prove that they are fully committed to this team. Should be some smooth sailing in a couple of years. 

Now what does that say about the next two? Still very much a budget team?

Oglethorpe


Veteran
Veteran
Even if he wants to sell you need a buyer.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:Even if he wants to sell you need a buyer.
That shouldn't  be a problem

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Already have one lined up. The circus guy

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Already have one lined up. The circus guy

Guy Laliberté? Ish.... ok. He wanted to invest in the Quebec City team also. I know too much about that guy's personal life. Lets just leave it at "he's not a good person"
But hey, we've got one egomaniac owner, why not another!

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Is formenton leaping up our prospect chart or is he bochenskiing it?
I'd like to think th first one.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Already have one lined up. The circus guy

Guy Laliberté? Ish.... ok. He wanted to invest in the Quebec City team also. I know too much about that guy's personal life. Lets just leave it at "he's not a good person"
But hey, we've got one egomaniac owner, why not another!

Meh he had a bunch of partners. And I don't care who owns the team and neither should most imo

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Can't say enough about Formenton.  He and Chabot really infuse the lineup with speed and skill.  Same with Dzingel.

Oduya really slow.  Claesson really didn't have a good might either.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Already have one lined up. The circus guy

Guy Laliberté? Ish.... ok. He wanted to invest in the Quebec City team also. I know too much about that guy's personal life. Lets just leave it at "he's not a good person"
But hey, we've got one egomaniac owner, why not another!

Meh he had a bunch of partners. And I don't care who owns the team and neither should most imo

I want to spend to the cap. Don't care who owns it, but that's what I want. A non meddler too

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Can't say enough about Formenton.  He and Chabot really infuse the lineup with speed and skill.  Same with Dzingel.

Oduya really slow.  Claesson really didn't have a good might either.
I don't think formenton could make the team but you wonder how long it could be till he does. That's the kind of speed you want to capitalize on early. I guess he has to put some weight on that skinny frame and after this they'll likely be giving him a lot more minutes in London

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Already have one lined up. The circus guy

Guy Laliberté? Ish.... ok. He wanted to invest in the Quebec City team also. I know too much about that guy's personal life. Lets just leave it at "he's not a good person"
But hey, we've got one egomaniac owner, why not another!

Meh he had a bunch of partners. And I don't care who owns the team and neither should most imo

I want to spend to the cap.  Don't care who owns it, but that's what I want.  A non meddler 
Not just for the sake of spending but it be nice that the price tag not always be something we have to navigate around when we arrange a trade or look at the crop of free agents. If we are to ever go over the top that budget will likely have to break.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'd like to shoot Oduya to the moon. I've decided

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Seriously? Oduya will be fine. Showed he's healthy and ready to contribute to any pairing

Preseason means absolutely nothing and the veterans are not trying

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
There's a difference between not trying and being a part of every defensive breakdown. I'll reserve judgement, but I've set the controls for the heart of the moon.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:There's a difference between not trying and being a part of every defensive breakdown.  I'll reserve judgement, but I've set the controls for the heart of the moon.

Not really. They're not going all out trying to impress anyone. They are getting their cardio back.

I'm just saying, for all non-rookies, I am reserving any judgment until regular season.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Can't say enough about Formenton.  He and Chabot really infuse the lineup with speed and skill.  Same with Dzingel.

Oduya really slow.  Claesson really didn't have a good might either.
I don't think formenton could make the team but you wonder how long it could be till he does. That's the kind of speed you want to capitalize on early. I guess he has to put some weight on that skinny frame and after this they'll likely be giving him a lot more minutes in London

They talked about Dzingel and his speed and how he needs to finish when he's in alone. Then Formenton got in alone and finished. Is Dzingel Formenton-lite? Like, I wonder if Formenton could be an improvement on Dzingel. Tiny sample size, but it's something to watch.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Agree with Ev on vets. I sure hope Burrows is also not trying to impress.

She I was thinking the same thing as Spader about Fornenton/Dzingel. I was never sold on Dzingel as to six, not enough finish. Fornenton is taller, reads the okay better and is one for one on breakaways.

On the other hand, 12 goals is still 12 goals and having more speed throughout the lineup (Karlsson, Hoffman, Dzingel, Formenton, Pageau, Turris, Chabot, White ...)


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum