You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
It's a myth that Boucher's system calls for a physical left side D and a PMD on the right side. †What the system calls for is to force the opponent to try to go to the Sens left side in the neutral zone. So your left D steps up to force the puck to be dumped in or turned over, this doesn't need to be a banger it can be done with a pokeckeck or by angling off the puck carrier. The right D needs good quickness as that is the primary puck retrieval D man. 6 PMDs would be fine, the key is the RD needs mobility and quick descision making. †Phaneuf prefers playing the right side but is too slow in the system as is Oduya.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:I really don't see us touching our defense this year. †We have an abundance of guys, it's just going to be a matter of how to use them to get the most out of them. †I expect Boro will be back soon and Chabot will likely go back down to Belleville for a while.

Youíre probably right. Theyíll likely wait till the offseaso, get karlsson under contract first then move Ceci.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I wanna bring up duchene. I had been saying it for the past year. I was all in for trading for duchene but it was always to have him play the LW. I would have loved him to play with Turris and brassard but watching him I see such an exciting player but we didnít bring him to complement the team. Heís likely an upgrade from Turris but When †you factor in how the team had gelled with Turris I can see how for now this is barely a sideways trade where we parted ways with assets without enough improvement coming. If Dorion wants to be all in then we need to really acquire another bonafied top 6 LW.
I do believe that short run, trading Turris away made us worst.thats likely not gonna last throughout the season but for now it did make us worst.

This isnít likely to happen this season but I would still love at one point for the Sens to land (or promote from within past this season) another top 6 Center and move duchene to the wing as I think heíd be more successful in that position.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I always wanted Duchene as a winger, but cap crunch says no

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's about to explode anyway.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Burrows is such a waste of a spot too. Ugh.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Burrows will show his true value on the playoffs. In rounds 3/4. A year after he retires.

Seriously, though, he was not brought in to be a regular contributor, but that's how Guy is trying to use him. He should be mentoring the young guys like White, Chlapik, Brown. Instead he is playing with (not mentoring) Pyatt, Thompson, etc.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Tommy C and Nicky P sent back to Belleville. I guess Boro is going to be back?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Tommy C and Nicky P sent back to Belleville. I guess Boro is going to be back?
Chabot back? Who draws back in? canít imagine Boro is ready to go?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
But I donít think itís necessarily a bad thing for Chabot to go back. Work on that defensive game a bit more.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
They will have to bring someone up for this 7 game road trip. Chabot could be just going to get a game in, since he sat last one.

I really cannot understand playing Harpur over Chabot. Boucher certainly plays favorites.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
They could also bring up Jaros to play the right side.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Concussion protocol dictates 10 days symptoms free before resuming training. Since Boro was knocked right out I'd say that's a symptom and that's day 0. I doubt he's drawing back in any time soon.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
But he seems to have an endless supply of spare parts. Maybe they have an extra brain on the shelf.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I'd imagine he won't be back until after this 7 game road trip

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
More rumours flying about Melnyk selling the team.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:More rumours flying about Melnyk selling the team.

Sources? Anything written up? Not that I disagree but Iím intreagued to what is written.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More rumours flying about Melnyk selling the team.

Sources? Anything written up? Not that I disagree but Iím intreagued to what is written.

Meh, it was just a SensChirp tweet last night and then some of the replies. I also have a source that "refused to comment" which pretty much told me everything I need to know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum