Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13364
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:30 pm

I actually think it was removed because now I canít find it but did you guys see the post about how karlsson said he will make his next contract a business decision and wonít be taking any less than what heís able to get. Wether itís in Ottawa or elsewhere.

I know thereís got a level of posturing in negotiations but that doesnít sound to optimistic about resigning. Sens will have to pay through the nose.
    Any chance new ownership is in before July rolls around?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Only the Sens can give him 8 years. 8x12.5. A nice round number.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 pm

wprager wrote:Only the Sens can give him 8 years. †8x12.5. A nice round number.

What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm

No matter how you size it, thereís been a lot of red flags about this org in the last couple of years. The budget, Alfie leaving twice, the noise from the front office about how Melnyk treats employees.
    It doesnít fair well.

I for one, canít wait to part ways with Melnyk.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.

That's just how he talks. He also isn't the greatest happy go lucky guy either.

If we could get Tavares or something for Karlsson, I'd do that in an instant.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Interesting point brought up this morning on TGOR was that, because of the number of top level dmen becoming available in 2019 it may actually reduce the likelihood of a bidding war.

And of course Karlsson will say he will make a business decision. What worries me is he's not very visible on the advertising circuit. I see more ads with Doughty in Canada than Karlsson. If he plays for a bigger market he could double his income from advertising.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Tavares wouldnít agree to come here unless we resigned Karlsson and keep duchene and then youíre talking about too many big contracts.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Tavares wouldnít agree to come here unless we resigned Karlsson and keep duchene and then youíre talking about too many big contracts.

That's not true. He will re-sign in New York if they have their future settled. They don't have a Karlsson.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 am

Ryan got slashed on the same hand he's hurt before. If we lose him again (and it didn't look good they way they were talking on the bench), who comes up? Is it time to finally test Pierre's hypothesis that he's been NHL ready since last fall?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am

White for sure
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm

PTFlea wrote:White for sure
    Hopefully. But is he ready? Heís not exactly tearing it up in Belleville last time I checked.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Doesn't matter what he does in Belleville. He's a highly touted first rounder and his game is not high end skill.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm

They got DiDomenico back, so knowing Boucher he'd get the next callup.

We have so much "depth" now, too bad we play a shallow game.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 pm

The way Boucher was taking the Sens have a couple forwards at less than 100%. Ryan is one of them. Nothing broken, but that was a hard slash, that he took.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 am

Gagne didn't play last night, sparking rumours of being called up, but apparently he was just a scratch. BSens lost 5-4 in a shootout. DiDo, Paul and White with a goal and an assist each; White also got one in the shootout.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:04 pm

B-Sens have recalled The Hogburglar. Wonder if this means The Hamburglar is getting another look.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:16 pm

wprager wrote:B-Sens have recalled The Hogburglar. †Wonder if this means The Hamburglar is getting another look.

You kinda hope because I donít think he was brought in to play ECHL long term. I havenít looked at his stats this year down there but apperently that team is quite crap
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:03 pm

wprager wrote:Gagne didn't play last night, sparking rumours of being called up, but apparently he was just a scratch. †BSens lost 5-4 in a shootout. DiDo, Paul and White with a goal and an assist each; White also got one in the shootout.

Bring us up White!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am