You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
I actually think it was removed because now I canít find it but did you guys see the post about how karlsson said he will make his next contract a business decision and wonít be taking any less than what heís able to get. Wether itís in Ottawa or elsewhere.

I know thereís got a level of posturing in negotiations but that doesnít sound to optimistic about resigning. Sens will have to pay through the nose.
Any chance new ownership is in before July rolls around?

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Only the Sens can give him 8 years. 8x12.5. A nice round number.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Only the Sens can give him 8 years. †8x12.5. A nice round number.


What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
No matter how you size it, thereís been a lot of red flags about this org in the last couple of years. The budget, Alfie leaving twice, the noise from the front office about how Melnyk treats employees.
It doesnít fair well.

I for one, canít wait to part ways with Melnyk.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Only the Sens can give him 8 years. †8x12.5. A nice round number.


What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.


That's just how he talks. He also isn't the greatest happy go lucky guy either.

If we could get Tavares or something for Karlsson, I'd do that in an instant.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting point brought up this morning on TGOR was that, because of the number of top level dmen becoming available in 2019 it may actually reduce the likelihood of a bidding war.

And of course Karlsson will say he will make a business decision. What worries me is he's not very visible on the advertising circuit. I see more ads with Doughty in Canada than Karlsson. If he plays for a bigger market he could double his income from advertising.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Only the Sens can give him 8 years. †8x12.5. A nice round number.


What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.


That's just how he talks. He also isn't the greatest happy go lucky guy either.

If we could get Tavares or something for Karlsson, I'd do that in an instant.

Tavares wouldnít agree to come here unless we resigned Karlsson and keep duchene and then youíre talking about too many big contracts.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Only the Sens can give him 8 years. †8x12.5. A nice round number.


What I donít like is the level bitterness thatís already in the dialogue. Weíve heard more than once voice his displeasure with the org or how it was handling things. Maybe Karlsson isnít too keen on resigning. All I know is itís lretty much gotta happen this off season, canít become a distraction next season because it will be a huge distraction! And if we did not resign him this summer and lost him to FA for nothing the following summer in an attempt to have more time to sign him that would be a catastrophe.


That's just how he talks. He also isn't the greatest happy go lucky guy either.

If we could get Tavares or something for Karlsson, I'd do that in an instant.

Tavares wouldnít agree to come here unless we resigned Karlsson and keep duchene and then youíre talking about too many big contracts.

That's not true. He will re-sign in New York if they have their future settled. They don't have a Karlsson.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ryan got slashed on the same hand he's hurt before. If we lose him again (and it didn't look good they way they were talking on the bench), who comes up? Is it time to finally test Pierre's hypothesis that he's been NHL ready since last fall?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
White for sure

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:White for sure
Hopefully. But is he ready? Heís not exactly tearing it up in Belleville last time I checked.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Doesn't matter what he does in Belleville. He's a highly touted first rounder and his game is not high end skill.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
They got DiDomenico back, so knowing Boucher he'd get the next callup.

We have so much "depth" now, too bad we play a shallow game.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
The way Boucher was taking the Sens have a couple forwards at less than 100%. Ryan is one of them. Nothing broken, but that was a hard slash, that he took.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Gagne didn't play last night, sparking rumours of being called up, but apparently he was just a scratch. BSens lost 5-4 in a shootout. DiDo, Paul and White with a goal and an assist each; White also got one in the shootout.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
B-Sens have recalled The Hogburglar. Wonder if this means The Hamburglar is getting another look.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:B-Sens have recalled The Hogburglar. †Wonder if this means The Hamburglar is getting another look.

You kinda hope because I donít think he was brought in to play ECHL long term. I havenít looked at his stats this year down there but apperently that team is quite crap

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Gagne didn't play last night, sparking rumours of being called up, but apparently he was just a scratch. †BSens lost 5-4 in a shootout. DiDo, Paul and White with a goal and an assist each; White also got one in the shootout.

Bring us up White!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum