GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I usually don't bother reading Yost (he just bugs the crap out of me) but I didn't know it was his article until after I clicked, so I went ahead and read it.
https://www.tsn.ca/talent/the-problems-run-deep-in-ottawa-1.965444

Basically, strictly looking at offense (goals per 60) out bottom six forward group (Pageau, Smith, Pyatt, Thompson, Dumont, Burrows) are dead last in the league.

Not just below average. Dead. Last. 31st in a 31-team league.

And when you add in the fact that Burrows takes a regular PP shift on the second unit, and that Pyatt had spent a non trivial percentage of his ice time in the top six, it makes that 31st place even worse.

And they are all signed through next season or beyond.

I don't know about you, but I would prefer that my underproducing bottom six players were young guys on an upward curve and not players well past their formative years, and some clearly on the decline.

Oglethorpe


Veteran
Veteran
Well Dumont will be replaced by McCormick and Pyatt will stay.  Burrows likely won’t be bought out or sent to the minors.  So if you want to change the bottom six your options are Pageau 3.3M, Smith 3.25M and Thompson 1.65M.  

White and Chlailk are 925K and 728K.  Replacing Pageau and Smith with White and Chlapik pays for Stone’s raise.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Apparently, according to Garrioch, there's interest in both Burrows and Oduya.  

I didn't think Milbury was still GMing anywhere.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Apparently, according to Garrioch, there's interest in both Burrows and Oduya.  

I didn't think Milbury was still GMing anywhere.

I could see Oduya getting moved since he's cheap and there's no term on his contract. I can't believe anybody would take Burrows unless we sweeten the pot significantly. The guy is a 4th liner, old, and is still signed for $2.5M next year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently, according to Garrioch, there's interest in both Burrows and Oduya.  

I didn't think Milbury was still GMing anywhere.

I could see Oduya getting moved since he's cheap and there's no term on his contract.  I can't believe anybody would take Burrows unless we sweeten the pot significantly.  The guy is a 4th liner, old, and is still signed for $2.5M next year.  

Again. If you can part with any of those guys, 7th rounder, conditional, bag of pucks.... you do it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The way this season should end should be by moving any bottom 6 (not named pageau). I like Thompson as a 4rth line C but we should be clearing Space to give young guys some experience inthe NHL.

If you can move phaneuf and oduya ditto. Ceci might be more of an off season move.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently, according to Garrioch, there's interest in both Burrows and Oduya.  

I didn't think Milbury was still GMing anywhere.

I could see Oduya getting moved since he's cheap and there's no term on his contract.  I can't believe anybody would take Burrows unless we sweeten the pot significantly.  The guy is a 4th liner, old, and is still signed for $2.5M next year.  

Again. If you can part with any of those guys, 7th rounder, conditional, bag of pucks.... you do it.

Agreed 100%

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't agree. You need more than "a bag of pucks" for Burrows. He should get a 3rd at minimum

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:The way this season should end should be by moving any bottom 6 (not named pageau). I like Thompson as a 4rth line C but we should be clearing Space to give young guys some experience inthe NHL.

If you can move phaneuf and oduya ditto. Ceci might be more of an off season move.
Aren’t you one of the people that complains that Boucher doesn’t give the kids minutes and plays them on the 4th line.  Clear out Pageau and Smith  and let the kids play top 9.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:The way this season should end should be by moving any bottom 6 (not named pageau). I like Thompson as a 4rth line C but we should be clearing Space to give young guys some experience inthe NHL.

If you can move phaneuf and oduya ditto. Ceci might be more of an off season move.
Aren’t you one of the people that complains that Boucher doesn’t give the kids minutes and plays them on the 4th line.  Clear out Pageau and Smith  and let the kids play top 9.
I’m not for an outright culling no. I think you will never get a winning team if you just have too green a line up. I like our bottom 6 C’s. It’s the wingers that could be shipped out and replaced with youth. I don’t see a world where we get someone trading for burrows. I wish we had an owner that beloved in buyouts.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
So the bottom 6 wingers are Smith, Pyatt, Burrows and Dumont.   It would take a miracle to get rid of Burrows and Pyatt is great in his role at a great price. Dumont is being replaced by McCormick so It’s Smith out for White.  Where does Chlapik play ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:So the bottom 6 wingers are Smith, Pyatt, Burrows and Dumont.   It would take a miracle to get rid of Burrows and Pyatt is great in his role at a great price. Dumont is being replaced by McCormick so It’s Smith out for White.  Where does Chlapik play ?

Chlapik is ahead of McCormick. Doubtful mccormick is in the nhl next year

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:So the bottom 6 wingers are Smith, Pyatt, Burrows and Dumont.   It would take a miracle to get rid of Burrows and Pyatt is great in his role at a great price. Dumont is being replaced by McCormick so It’s Smith out for White.  Where does Chlapik play ?

Chlapik is ahead of McCormick. Doubtful mccormick is in the nhl next year
He has a 650K one way next year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I can’t see Dumont playing in Ottawa next year.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
I agree he’ll be in Belleville

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
In other news Colin White has 3 goals in 2 games since his stint with Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:So the bottom 6 wingers are Smith, Pyatt, Burrows and Dumont.   It would take a miracle to get rid of Burrows and Pyatt is great in his role at a great price. Dumont is being replaced by McCormick so It’s Smith out for White.  Where does Chlapik play ?

Chlapik is ahead of McCormick. Doubtful mccormick is in the nhl next year
He has a 650K one way next year.

Still don't see him in the NHL. He will be Belleville's captain.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
The Senators have never put guys on one-way contracts in the AHL. Remember Dumont will be down in Belleville next year making 200K.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum