You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
In other news Colin White has 3 goals in 2 games since his stint with Ottawa.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:So the bottom 6 wingers are Smith, Pyatt, Burrows and Dumont.   It would take a miracle to get rid of Burrows and Pyatt is great in his role at a great price. Dumont is being replaced by McCormick so It’s Smith out for White.  Where does Chlapik play ?

Chlapik is ahead of McCormick. Doubtful mccormick is in the nhl next year
He has a 650K one way next year.

Still don't see him in the NHL. He will be Belleville's captain.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
The Senators have never put guys on one-way contracts in the AHL. Remember Dumont will be down in Belleville next year making 200K.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:The Senators have never put guys on one-way contracts in the AHL.  Remember Dumont will be down in Belleville next year making 200K.

Yes they have, Greening comes to mind. 650K is not much for an AHL veteran type

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Valid point on Greening. Hammond was the other I believe, but I'll make a friendly wager McCormick is in Ottawa next year and Dumont is in Belleville.

650 is a crap load for a veteran presence in the A.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ken Warren says Bobby Ryan "could miss significant time" with his latest hand injury.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Ken Warren says Bobby Ryan "could miss significant time" with his latest hand injury.

Shocker!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I don't recall who suggested it as a possibility (likely someone on twitter), but Bobby Ryan on LTIR (a la Pronger -- Prongeretirement). That would fix so many things that are wrong with the Sens.

All they'd need is to find a doctor who's willing to say that this isn't a series of unfortunate events but, rather, a an on-going "syndrome" caused, perhaps, by some underlying medical condition rendering him unable to raise his arms out of the way and inherently fragile bones. The Ryan Syndrome.

Hey, if Hossa can miss a year (while still collecting his salary) because of a rash ...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:Valid point on Greening.  Hammond was the other I believe, but I'll make a friendly wager McCormick is in Ottawa next year and Dumont is in Belleville.

650 is a crap load for a veteran presence in the A.

What is very odd is that a guy who has supposedly already made the team next year is getting skipped in the call-up rotation again and again. Personally, I think he's going to be traded.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I don't recall who suggested it as a possibility (likely someone on twitter), but Bobby Ryan on LTIR (a la Pronger -- Prongeretirement).  That would fix so many things that are wrong with the Sens.  

All they'd need is to find a doctor who's willing to say that this isn't a series of unfortunate events but, rather, a an on-going "syndrome" caused, perhaps, by some underlying medical condition rendering him unable to raise his arms out of the way and inherently fragile bones.  The Ryan Syndrome.  

Hey, if Hossa can miss a year (while still collecting his salary) because of a rash ...

Not gonna happen for Bobby anytime soon. The guy wants to play.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't recall who suggested it as a possibility (likely someone on twitter), but Bobby Ryan on LTIR (a la Pronger -- Prongeretirement).  That would fix so many things that are wrong with the Sens.  

All they'd need is to find a doctor who's willing to say that this isn't a series of unfortunate events but, rather, a an on-going "syndrome" caused, perhaps, by some underlying medical condition rendering him unable to raise his arms out of the way and inherently fragile bones.  The Ryan Syndrome.  

Not gonna happen for Bobby anytime soon.  The guy wants to play.
Not just that. It allows Melnyk to fill the roster and paying past the cap and then save some bucks when Bobby goes on ltir for a few months.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Obviously I’m joking

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
If he's on LTIR then a large chunk of his salary is paid by insurance. That could well be the reason for this move.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:If he's on LTIR then a large chunk of his salary is paid by insurance. That could well be the reason for this move.
Maybe right now but I was referring to an overall strategy

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Another game day. Looks like Oduya, Thompson and Boro are all good to go. Now, where's that Draft Lottery simulator.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Another game day. Looks like Oduya, Thompson and Boro are all good to go.  Now, where's that Draft Lottery simulator.

Chlapik was called up to fill in for Pageau, who was injured on that Komarov hit right before the break. Also, Bobby is playing, so I'm not sure what Ken Warren was smoking.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Chlapik called up to replace our 3LC?  Surprised they aren't giving that to the franchise's future 2LC.  Especially after hearing Koach K saying Chlapik needs to work on his defensive game.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Chlapik will centre the 4th line, Thompson will centre the 3rd line. Oduya was back paired with Karlsson at the morning skate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum