GDT: Kings @ Senators - Oct 24 2017, 7:30PM

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48173
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: GDT: Kings @ Senators - Oct 24 2017, 7:30PM

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Ev wrote:Brown got beat badly on Matthews goal. Otherwise was good.

Matthews passed the puck back toward center on a give-and-go and Brown bit on it. He turned to the player with the puck who promptly passed it back to Matthews who had a head of steam.

So I wouldn't call it "beat badly" because it's not like it was a race. Also you still had Karlsson and Anderson to go through, and neither one distinguished themselves on the play.

Teaching moment: when you have a guy like Matthews, stay with him because he won't be without the puck for long.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 am

Ottawa got soundly outplayed and was lucky to get a point. And burrows playing top 6 minutes can stop now too.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 am

PTFlea wrote:Ottawa got soundly outplayed and was lucky to get a point. And burrows playing top 6 minutes can stop now too.
    I wasnt able to see the whole game but I didnt see ateam that got outplayed. They played very well and got plenty of missed opportunities. This could have easily not gone to overtime either.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 am

Soundly outplayed? They were outshot, but there were good chances at both ends. Both goalies came up huge many times over. A really stupid blunder cost them the extra point.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am

I thought LA carried the play most of the game. I was nervous until we scored the 2nd goal. Still, a point is a point.

Basically they suffocated brassard line and the turris line making it the bottom six that had to do it. Lucky pyatt and Thompson had amazing games. Condon too was fantastic.

They are a very sound team. I think they can do damage in the west.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 am

thought it was pretty even. I was at the game and Pyatt was the best player on the ice. Thompson was also very good. Best PK duo in the league right now.

Ceci also impressed me a lot on defense. He carried the puck quite a bit as well.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am

Ev wrote:thought it was pretty even. I was at the game and Pyatt was the best player on the ice. Thompson was also very good. Best PK duo in the league right now.

Ceci also impressed me a lot on defense. He carried the puck quite a bit as well.

They got better as it went along, for sure, but there were long lapses where Ottawa would try to get into the LA zone, get rebuffed and be back on their horses to get back to where LA started to cycle. I assume it's because LA is a bigger, stronger team, but they really had us in our own zone running around.

A lot of it has to do with the Kings too, they're really good positionally and play an aggressive game where it was hard to get any passes going.

Thompson and Pyatt where absolute money last night - and they have been all year really. Pyatt hasn't taken one shift for granted this year. He'll make the opponent D work really hard and Thompson with Pageau are the best PK killing unit in the league IMO. Add Pyatt to the mix and Stone and I think they'll have continued success on the PK.

Condon was amazing too. That can't be said enough. Without him, we're down 3 or 4 to 1 early.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16437
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:46 am

Kuemper played quite well which was frustrating to watch. Seemed like a pretty even game all things considered. It sucks to give away the extra point, but we also have to consider the fact that we've been playing the hottest teams in the league (New Jersey, Toronto, LA)....
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 pm

I think we really missed Ryan and in his absence Pyatt/Thompson stepped up. What we needed was for Brassard/Turris/Karlsson/Stone/Hoffman/Ceci to step up.

Condon was great but also amazingly lucky with three empty-net tap-ins missed.

Brown played 6 minutes, again. They have to send him back to junior or play him 12 minutes. Anything else is stupid.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:07 pm

wprager wrote:I think we really missed Ryan and in his absence Pyatt/Thompson stepped up. What we needed was for Brassard/Turris/Karlsson/Stone/Hoffman/Ceci to step up.

Condon was great but also amazingly lucky with three empty-net tap-ins missed.

Brown played 6 minutes, again. They have to send him back to junior or play him 12 minutes. Anything else is stupid.

Ah, I see (read). Sorry, been busy all morning.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:43 pm

If the team has the flu, I wonder if Karlsson has it. He did NOT look himself last night - and I realize he missed training camp and that's probably it, but he might not have been feeling great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:36 pm