Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: GDT: Senators @ Avalanche - Nov 10, 2017, 2:00pm

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:37 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I'm pretty sure when we roll into the playoffs (that's right), our third line will hopefully have Smith on it and he won't be counted on for putting up points as much. This is, of course, assuming everyone's healthy.

The ideal lineup would be...

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
    Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
    Smith - Pageau - White
    Pyatt - Thompson - Burrows

I guess we'd like to add a winger, but I'm not sure if we will. If we do, then White gets assimilated very slowly into the lineup and it looks like this:

TRADE - Duchene - Ryan
    Smith - Pageau - Dzingel

Simply can't say enough good things about Dorion going out and making our 3rd and 4th line so good.

I'm interested to see if Ottawa adds someone on an expiring contract or if they elect to add someone who can be on the team for a while. Dorion obviously needs to keep in mind that he needs to free up salary for Stone, Karlsson, and Duchene (and sadly Ceci).

There are a few players that I think Ottawa would have interest in but it depends on how Dorion approaches the situation. Is he all-in on winning within the next two years or is he setting up for the future. You have options like Kane who are strictly rentals or you take a chance on underachieving, younger players like Duclair or Domi

My question would be: who sits if you acquire a winger?

I think you look at giving up Smith. He can be replaced on L3 by White or DiDo. I think you look also look at trying to upgrade Ceci. Whatever Ceci makes on his next contract he will be overpaid. But that's a whole different story.

In the off season maybe. Can't see those moves happening during the year.

Yeah I think Dorion will look to add this season. You kind of hope smith is one of the casualties because hes replaceable at a much lower salary and better him than someone better. Theres gonna have to be moves because we are slowly coming up against the cap. Hopefully stone is signed long term at a friendlier deal than we imagine. As for Ceci I guess we will see(ci) Sarcasm
    I could see him being retained or not. I think he stays this season but depending on where wideman, Jaros and Chabot wind up between now and the summer, he could be a worthy commodity to trade. The good news is for once in a long time we look like we have depth and can make moves that will ultimately bring back either picks or more depth. Thats the kind of team management that can keep teams competitive for a long time. But we have to resign our top guys.

3 long term contracts I want to see this summer before training camp. Karlsson, duchene and stone.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I'm pretty sure when we roll into the playoffs (that's right), our third line will hopefully have Smith on it and he won't be counted on for putting up points as much. This is, of course, assuming everyone's healthy.

The ideal lineup would be...

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
    Smith - Pageau - White

I guess we'd like to add a winger, but I'm not sure if we will. If we do, then White gets assimilated very slowly into the lineup and it looks like this:

TRADE - Duchene - Ryan
    Smith - Pageau - Dzingel

Simply can't say enough good things about Dorion going out and making our 3rd and 4th line so good.

I'm interested to see if Ottawa adds someone on an expiring contract or if they elect to add someone who can be on the team for a while. Dorion obviously needs to keep in mind that he needs to free up salary for Stone, Karlsson, and Duchene (and sadly Ceci).

There are a few players that I think Ottawa would have interest in but it depends on how Dorion approaches the situation. Is he all-in on winning within the next two years or is he setting up for the future. You have options like Kane who are strictly rentals or you take a chance on underachieving, younger players like Duclair or Domi

My question would be: who sits if you acquire a winger?

I think you look at giving up Smith. He can be replaced on L3 by White or DiDo. I think you look also look at trying to upgrade Ceci. Whatever Ceci makes on his next contract he will be overpaid. But that's a whole different story.

In the off season maybe. Can't see those moves happening during the year.

Yeah I think Dorion will look to add this season. You kind of hope smith is one of the casualties because hes replaceable at a much lower salary and better him than someone better. Theres gonna have to be moves because we are slowly coming up against the cap. Hopefully stone is signed long term at a friendlier deal than we imagine. As for Ceci I guess we will see(ci) Sarcasm
    I could see him being retained or not. I think he stays this season but depending on where wideman, Jaros and Chabot wind up between now and the summer, he could be a worthy commodity to trade. The good news is for once in a long time we look like we have depth and can make moves that will ultimately bring back either picks or more depth. Thats the kind of team management that can keep teams competitive for a long time. But we have to resign our top guys.

3 long term contracts I want to see this summer before training camp. Karlsson, duchene and stone.

I tell ya...there's no way in the world they'll spend 4+ million on Ceci if they're smart. Not necessarily because he doesn't deserve it, but we have Jaros, Chabot, Claesson, Harpur and Englund pretty much ready to go. Besides Chabot, the only one with MAJOR value is Ceci, so might as well rip the bandaid off, trade him, let someone else pay him the 4+ million and replace him with one of those guys to save 3 bills.

Then you trade Smith and replace him with White or a different ELC and save another 2.5 bills.

Almost no choices in the matter if you want to retain Stone, Karlsson, Brassard (who I think might end up being a casualty), Duchene etc.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2001
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

We are about to enter cap hell.

Sens 2019/20 season:

Stone, Duchene, Karlsson: $26M
    Brass: $6M
    Hoffman: $5.2M
    Ryan: $7.25M
    Phaneuf: $7M
    Pageau: $3.1M
    Boro: $1.2M
    Smith: $3.25M

10 players = $59M
    2 goalies = $ $7.1M
    Total: $66.1M for 10 players and 2 goalies

It means you need roughly 10 more players for $10-14M depending on the cap going up.

Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    Smith-Brass-Stone
    XXXX-Pageau-XXXX
    XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    XXXX

Phaneuf-Karlsson
    XXXX-XXXX
    XXXX-Boro
    XXXX

Anderson
    Condon

There is no way Ottawa can re-sign Ceci if they keep Smith or Pageau. Dzingel isn't even on the list above as he will be a UFA next off-season . I think you need to move away from Smith and Ceci, and keep Dzingel and Pageau. Even then your options are very limited. Most of this goes away if they can trade Ryan or Phaneuf without taking back (a lot of) salary

Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    Dzingel-Brass-Stone
    White-Brown-Pageau
    Formenton-Chlapik-Perron

Phaneuf-Karlsson
    Chabot-Jaros
    Englund-Boro
    Harper

Anderson
    Condon

Maybe they'll be able to let Brass go if Brown or White turn into 2C but that's too early to tell.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

^ I said that a while ago. They'll have to get Phaneuf to waive and they'll have to trade Smith and Ceci and replace them with ELCs or 2nd contracts. Brown, White, Formenton, Chabot, Jaros, Harpur. Tons of options.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1881
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We are about to enter cap hell.

Sens 2019/20 season:

Stone, Duchene, Karlsson: $26M
    Brass: $6M
    Hoffman: $5.2M
    Ryan: $7.25M
    Phaneuf: $7M
    Pageau: $3.1M
    Boro: $1.2M
    Smith: $3.25M

10 players = $59M
    2 goalies = $ $7.1M
    Total: $66.1M for 10 players and 2 goalies

It means you need roughly 10 more players for $10-14M depending on the cap going up.

Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    Smith-Brass-Stone
    XXXX-Pageau-XXXX
    XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    XXXX

Phaneuf-Karlsson
    XXXX-XXXX
    XXXX-Boro
    XXXX

Anderson
    Condon

There is no way Ottawa can re-sign Ceci if they keep Smith or Pageau. Dzingel isn't even on the list above as he will be a UFA next off-season . I think you need to move away from Smith and Ceci, and keep Dzingel and Pageau. Even then your options are very limited. Most of this goes away if they can trade Ryan or Phaneuf without taking back (a lot of) salary

Hoff-Duchene-Ryan
    Dzingel-Brass-Stone
    White-Brown-Pageau
    Formenton-Chlapik-Perron

Phaneuf-Karlsson
    Chabot-Jaros
    Englund-Boro
    Harper

Anderson
    Condon

Maybe they'll be able to let Brass go if Brown or White turn into 2C but that's too early to tell.
    I believe Pageau and Smith are gone by the end of next year, Ceci is probably gone this coming summer.

19/20 will have White, Brown and another young ELC player, along with Brass, Stone, Ryan, Hoff, Duch and the requisite Veteran PK/4th line filler.

On D it will include Karl, Phaneuf, Boro, Chabot, Claessen, Jaros, Harpur and Token UFA Vet like Oduya. Englund, Lajoie are possibilities as well.

Plenty of cap space to add.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm

I cant imagine Pageau would ever be moved as he is favourite of the team and the fans and they need him for marketing to Gatineau when they move arenas
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Yeah Dorion would give away his left nut to sign Pageau long term. I think he's core and they will find a way to keep him.

But smith and Ceci are likely gone. Ryan or Phaneuf if the org gets lucky.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1881
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Ev wrote:I cant imagine Pageau would ever be moved as he is favourite of the team and the fans and they need him for marketing to Gatineau when they move arenas
    They don't need Pageau for marketing. That's ludicrous.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

They won't trade Pageau, you win with guys like him. Smith and ceci, yes. Later Phaneuf
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48173
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Ev wrote:I cant imagine Pageau would ever be moved as he is favourite of the team and the fans and they need him for marketing to Gatineau when they move arenas

I don't know if you've noticed, but they've been drafting mainly from the Q the last two drafts. Chabot, Perron, Lajoie, Gagne in the pipe and Brass and Burrows with Pageau drumming up support right now. Add we hired three francophone coaches as well.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm

And of course "Pierre in Orleans".

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm

wprager wrote:

I don't know if you've noticed, but they've been drafting mainly from the Q the last two drafts. Chabot, Perron, Lajoie, Gagne in the pipe and Brass and Burrows with Pageau drumming up support right now. Add we hired three francophone coaches as well.
    lajoie isnt from the Q lol
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13619

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Flames game was awesome btw guys. Smith left the game and Lack was decent until he let in two softies. Fans still supported him and even chanted Eddy after a stellar save. It really surprised me. Exciting and high scoring game. Was fun.

Only been to CTC and the old NJ Stadium for games and went to the Bell centre for a concert.

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:

lajoie isnt from the Q lol

Discussion was about francophone players to sell the game to Gatineau fans. I brought up the Q simply because they have a higher ratio of francophones (not all of our Q picks are francophones).

Still LOLing or will you actually try to understand someone's post/point instead of just looking for something to LOL about?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm