Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16939
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: GDT: Senators @ Rangers - Nov 19, 2017, 7:00pm

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 am

PTFlea wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Very poor showing.  2 points gifted to a crappy team.  Poor.

You’re calling the rangers crappy? They were the favourites tonight

Not a fan of the makeup of that team and lundqvist is really overrated in my opine.

The Rags are a decent team and we were on the back half of a back to back that included travel. Lundqvist also played really well.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13915
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:So at what point do we stop making excuses for the team?

This is the kind of post you make if you’re the oilers or some crap team. I hate how whenever we have slumps people say we’re shut and the sky is falling. The sens are fine. There’s no reason to dwell on it and make excuses or not make excuses. It’s literallt just the grind of the season

Again. The reason why we are so high in the standings is because we have so many looser points. We aren’t beating the teams we should be supposed to beat if we were true contenders. Sure we may not be crapping the bed like the oilers but if our time is now we have to be a lot better than we are.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:

This is the kind of post you make if you’re the oilers or some crap team. I hate how whenever we have slumps people say we’re shut and the sky is falling. The sens are fine. There’s no reason to dwell on it and make excuses or not make excuses. It’s literallt just the grind of the season

Again. The reason why we are so high in the standings is because we have so many looser points. We aren’t beating the teams we should be supposed to beat if we were true contenders. Sure we may not be crapping the bed like the oilers but if our time is now we have to be a lot better than we are.

We're in the exact same spot we were last season at this point in time. We just had a major lineup change (Duchene for Turris) and Bobby is just coming back and is a notoriously slow starter. Give it some time. We're in the mix, which is where we need to be.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21282
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Loser points mean we’re in almost every single game against any opponent . We’re a good team . Any team in the nhl can beat every other team on any night

I also don’t consider Ot or shootout losses to be actual losses. There have been very few games this season where the sens have had an actual bad game IMO
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13630
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Anyone else concerned with Duchene's first 5 games of zero points and a minus 6?

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48895
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm

The -6 is troublesome, but it's a meaningless statistic if not taken in context. Context here is the 3 game losing streak, combined with him not scoring. It'll come around.

I think he had 1 bad game and that was last night.

By the way, Turris has 0 pts and 2 shots on goal in his last 3. Ebbs and flows.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54862
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone else concerned with Duchene's first 5 games of zero points and a minus 6?

Not at all personally
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah, I'm not concerned with Duchene only because he's been generating a lot of chances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:44 pm