You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Ducks - Dec 6, 2017, 10:00pm

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 GDT: Senators @ Ducks - Dec 6, 2017, 10:00pm on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Redemption Day. After, arguably, their worst outing of the year the Senators got a well deserved tongue lashing from the coach at yesterday's practice. Let's see who paid attention.

The Ducks played last night and lost in a shootout, but whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, or do they say. Still, the Senators are rested (practice was long but not a bag skate) and the Ducks are not. This is a great opportunity to start the California swing on the right note.

If practice pairings are any indication (probably not) Cody Ceci has slipped in the rotation; he was the 7th D. Expect Anderson to start.

As of this morning there have not been any recalls indicated on the AHL transactions page. The only change we could have is a switch to 7D.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This is a win tonight. 100%. Just like Detroit after they lost 10-1

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently Mark Stone was sick yesterday which is why he didn't practice. Hopefully he's feeling better today!

Matrix was confirmed as the starter.

Hopefully the California trip is a turning point for the team, as it was the Year of the Hamburglar.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev, you also day teams always split back to back games.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Ev, you also day teams always split back to back games.

I have been moving away from that this year and more towards "if the team wins the first game, chances are extremely high they lose the second".

Since Anaheim secured a point, and since they aren't a good team with a lot of injuries as well, I don't think they will win tonight.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Iíve been moving towards a ďdonít expect this team to winĒ approach and so far my theory is starting to hold.

Outside of actually fixing the team with a top 6 LW and a top 4 D I think the reason we were so successful last year was that we edged on the side of best possible scenario. The stats last year were showing we should have had considerably less wins than we the system was flawlessly executed and if it isnít then the cracks appear. There are crack all over the place this year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, we could really use an upgrade on D. I hope it's Chabot. Phaneuf has been average and Ceci has been ok. It's hurting.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Literally the reason we are doing poorly is goaltending and Karlsson.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think with Methot gone they are leaning more on Ceci as the #1 shut down guy, which he clearly is not. Also Boro has missed a substantial number of games, now. Those factors, plus poor goaltending, is why we are giving up so many chances and goals.

Karlsson's 8 game pointless streak is why we aren't scoring much.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I think with Methot gone they are leaning more on Ceci as the #1 shut down guy, which he clearly is not. Also Boro has missed a substantial number of games, now. †Those factors, plus poor goaltending, is why we are giving up so many chances and goals.

Not true, Ceci had that role even with methot here

11 Re: GDT: Senators @ Ducks - Dec 6, 2017, 10:00pm on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What is the Cussing problem. Wake the Diddle up you bunghole.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Well this is no surprise...

Man, we are sliding into a lottery position.
Good luck resigning kalrsson and duchene.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Well this is no surprise...

Man, we are sliding into a lottery position.
Good luck resigning kalrsson and duchene.

Comments like this are just ridiculous when the reason we are in this position rests on guys like Karlsson. Are fans this blind or naive?

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
If Karlsson doesn't want to sign so be it. †Same with Duchesne. The important things for Dorion is don't get desperate to save the season, and if EK and Duch don't sign in early July make the trades by mid July before teams are finished settling on their rosters.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I think with Methot gone they are leaning more on Ceci as the #1 shut down guy, which he clearly is not. Also Boro has missed a substantial number of games, now. †Those factors, plus poor goaltending, is why we are giving up so many chances and goals.

Not true, Ceci had that role even with methot here

I still think Ceci had more "help" - for lack of a better word.

Interestingly, he had more SH and ES TOI per game last year. But something has changed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum