GDT: Senators @ Sharks - Dec 9, 2017, 10:00pm

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48523
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: GDT: Senators @ Sharks - Dec 9, 2017, 10:00pm

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 am

We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Dorion needs to step in and say to Boucher that they tried it his way, with his players (Pyatt, DiDo, Dumont, Thompson - all players not drafted by Dorion); now it's time to try it with the players they actually drafted and developed.

Let's lose big. Sir the vets and play the kids. Oduya out, Chabot and Claesson playing a regular shift. I like Pyatt, but I want to see what White and Chlapik can do. They will be a pain in the rear to play against. Dumont can be the other one who sits. I never understood that pick up.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 am

Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16622
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:55 pm

wprager wrote:Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

It's already sold out.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13567
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm

wprager wrote:We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Dorion needs to step in and say to Boucher that they tried it his way, with his players (Pyatt, DiDo, Dumont, Thompson - all players not drafted by Dorion); now it's time to try it with the players they actually drafted and developed.

Let's lose big. Sir the vets and play the kids. Oduya out, Chabot and Claesson playing a regular shift. I like Pyatt, but I want to see what White and Chlapik can do. They will be a pain in the rear to play against. Dumont can be the other one who sits. I never understood that pick up.

Yeah. I think it’s time to ship out a few disposables and let the kids run with it a little. They’ll be growing pains but they might be needed.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Seriously, they have 3 points in 11 games? How much worse would it be if the kids were playing?

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21133
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 am

wprager wrote:Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

Front row seats are the worst and cheapest seats in the house, FYI
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16622
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Yeah. I think it’s time to ship out a few disposables and let the kids run with it a little. They’ll be growing pains but they might be needed.

There's not really anyone worth trading other than maybe Ceci.  Apparently other teams are showing interest in Brassard, Hoffman, and Pageau, but I can't see dealing those guys...yet.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13567
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

There's not really anyone worth trading other than maybe Ceci.  Apparently other teams are showing interest in Brassard, Hoffman, and Pageau, but I can't see dealing those guys...yet.

Smith is the guy with positive value I think should get traded. Makes room for white or another youngster. Pyatt would get interest but the return isn’t worth it. Obviously Burrows isn’t going anywhere.

Apart from that it’s tough to say who else could be traded that would be a positive thing. And as garrioch noted, non of these trades make any sense unless they’re an improvement for the Sens.

So I just don’t see it.

Brass, hoff or pageau traded is just stupid at this point. Doesn’t help us.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

I haven't heard yet of a players only, closed doors meeting. IMO that should have already happened.

Losing in Buffalo would be hitting bottom - their third in a little over a week. Even if they win, they have gone from being one of 3 teams left standing to being the third worst.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:40 pm