You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Sabres - Dec 12, 2017, 7:00PM

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Oglethorpe


Veteran
Veteran
By the same note, how many potential FAs stayed due to him.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:This is all 2 day old news. Today Dean said that the players (including Karlsson) were asked for their acceptable trade teams September, as is common for all teams. However this may have been the first time Karlsson has been asked. Everyone is taking because they think the team *just* asked everyone as a consequence of the losing streak.

That said, a trade is very possible if they don't start winning.

As for replacing Karlsson, if it comes to that, we have Chabot and we may get Dahlen.
Letís not even go there. Remember how Buffalo had McDavid? Yeah....

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Iím fully on board team trade Karlsson now.

The team would be far better off using 12 million to split over two players.

Seems like the wrong thread for this....I dunno, I'd want to see the return we'd get. †I'd maybe trade him if we got an incredible young d-man in return, plus a couple other BIG assets, but I think I'd much rather sign him.

I think thereís a bigger loss not factored in losing kalrsson and thatís loosing a generational talent in Ottawa. It could easily signal an exodus out of the franchise. Itís not just loosing a player but also a big reason for other players to be in Ottawa. I am extremely against trading him. The return would have to be in the realm of the Lindros trade. Several blue chip sure fire prospects. Something that would blow any trade out of the water in the last 20 years. And that ainít happening.

Don't see how that's true at all. If that's true, we'd have a lot more free agent signings.
remember the budget?
Also I meant it as it might not give incentive for current players to remain long term.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:By the same note, how many potential FAs stayed due to him.

Yeah because as of the past 10 years the elite stars of the game have been winning Stanley cups. Crosby, patty Kane and Toews. Ovechkin didnít but I think it can be argued that having elite talent on your team gets you that much closer to winning the cup in the end.
Having Karlsson certainly helps getting players believing that.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
This is so bad itís almost comical. Hard to believe we made the eastern conference finals.
Maybe Melnyk just wants to switch Karlsson for Dahlin and save some cash...

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
This is a special kind of suck.
Goaltending is terrible This year. Everything is terrible.

Itís to the point where you donít even know how this winds up getting fixed.
There is a disconnect in the effort out there and the effort needed. This team has quit.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
This has to be the worst slump I've ever seen from this team.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The team has quit on Boucher. It's over, we've seen it before. Fire him tonight.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:The team has quit on Boucher. It's over, we've seen it before. †Fire him tonight.

At this stage I would get rid of players. So Boucher coached us to the final 4 and suddenly the players quit on him? The more they quit, the more we lose. Whoís the real problem?
I saw too many players trying to do too much. Duchene with great plays that lead nowhere because he tries to do it on his own.
Just guys trying to redeem themselves. But not working as a unit.
Thatís why I wonder if or what can be done. Itís the team play that is off. Some guys disappear or quit aponce we start loosing and some other players just try to overcompensate by themselves. That not the recipe for success.

Tell you one thing, duchene will walk. No way is he resigning in this mess this summer. He stunk last year and now heís not improving any value he has. Heís gone.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The team has quit on Boucher. It's over, we've seen it before. †Fire him tonight.

At this stage I would get rid of players. So Boucher coached us to the final 4 and suddenly the players quit on him? The more they quit, the more we lose. Whoís the real problem?
I saw too many players trying to do too much. Duchene with great plays that lead nowhere because he tries to do it on his own.
Just guys trying to redeem themselves. But not working as a unit.
Thatís why I wonder if or what can be done. Itís the team play that is off. Some guys disappear or quit aponce we start loosing and some other players just try to overcompensate by themselves. That not the recipe for success.

Tell you one thing, duchene will walk. No way is he resigning in this mess this summer. He stunk last year and now heís not improving any value he has. Heís gone.

The knee-jerk reaction is to hang the coach, the common sense reaction is to let them sort it out and if we miss the playoffs, so be it. They're too talented to be this crappy. Buffalo is on a whole different plain of suck. They're awful.

Karlsson needs to wake up soon for one. And perhaps this team needs to shift towards youth a little this summer. Not sure anymore, but I'll let the hockey gods handle all this. It gets too stressful.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Might miss the playoffs? Weíre 29th in the league. I think we are D-D-D-Done

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
At this point the only joy we may get is drafting Dahlin. And even then Iím sure the sens will start winning in the last bit of the season and pull out of the bottom 5

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Karlsson is not the guy you want leading your team imo

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Ev I disagree after watching last years playoffs. †The margins are so tight in the league now that we are not really that far from being very good. †This season is an outlier. †Best player recovering from injury, goaltending is brutal, turnover on the backend due to expansion and long term injury along with off years from almost every forward.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:Ev I disagree after watching last years playoffs. †The margins are so tight in the league now that we are not really that far from being very good. †This season is an outlier. †Best player recovering from injury, goaltending is brutal, turnover on the backend due to expansion and long term injury along with off years from almost every forward.

I do think this is an outlier

But Karlsson as a person. Not a fan.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:The team has quit on Boucher. It's over, we've seen it before. †Fire him tonight.

No thanks. We've had something dumb like 7 coaches in 10 years. Enough with the cheap out of blaming and firing the coach. Diddle that. This group of idiot players is the issue. If you want to fire someone, it's Dorion that should be canned, but that solves nothing either in the short term.


Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I hate all the comments about Boucher being a one season wonder. He's literally had one job and had piss poor players on Tampa.

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I don't get the Dorion hate. † The only two things that bother me are the Burrows 2 year extension and re-signing Anderson too early in the year.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum