You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
About time we had a thread. Sens have 4 prospects as far as I know. Batherson and Formenton on Team Canada, Brown on Team USA and Nurmi on Team Finland.

USA were *stunned* by Slovakia last night. Same team that Canada beat 6-0 the night before (and it could have been worse if not for their goalie). What a game. USA tied it up with under 5 to go but Slovakia answered back and hung on for the win. Brown got hurt in the game -- tried to come back but only played one shift before shutting it down. USA plays Canada in the outdoor game today at 3, it's going to be brutal (cold, USA playing second game in less than 20 hours right after a huge upset loss). Hopefully Brown can play but I doubt it.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Canada vs. USA, Katchouk vs. Tkachuk. VCR set.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Of the Sens prospects playing, Batherson has a goal (game winner against Finland) and Brown has an assist. Still very early. Habs' Mete leads team Canada with 4 points (all assists).

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Those poor bastards playing outdoors in Buffalo this afternoon...it'll be about -8 without any windchill (and it can get pretty windy there).... The Americans got shocked by Slovakia yesterday, so they'll be on their toes today.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
That full 2 minute 5 on 3 was a gift. But Canada hot the 2 goal lead back right away. What happened?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:That full 2 minute 5 on 3 was a gift. But Canada hot the 2 goal lead back right away. What happened?

They couldn't do much 5 on 5, and then the shootout was a mess. Really cool game to watch though...the snow was perfect.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
USA should never have gotten that 5 on 3. Should have been, at best, a one man advantage. That goal have them confidence that they could beat Hart.

Anyhow, doesn't matter as long as we win the next one. Get top place in the group and don't get anyone injured. Brown may be done for the tournament. USA is in deep trouble between that injury and their goals situation. There guy who started the first two games didn't even dress yesterday. Oettinger did alright but not really more than that. Canada PP is over 50%. They just have to stay out of the box themselves.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I havenít been watching the games but if anyone has, whatís going on with Brown? He doesnít seem to be producing at all?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I havenít been watching the games but if anyone has, whatís going on with Brown? He doesnít seem to be producing at all?

He hasnít played last two games as he was injured

10 Re: IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Canada - Pffitzerland at 4, then the big one, USA-Russia at 8PM.

Prior to the Team Canada game you'll have Finland-Czech at noon and Belarus-Denmark at 2 (both should be fairly competitive games), and after you've got what should be a blow-out between Sweden and Slovakia at 6.

11 Re: IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:24 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
If Brown isn't playing, I'm going full-on rooting for Russia. †Jersey and all. †Brady Tkachuk could also be a Sen next year.

12 Re: IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:33 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Semi-finals tomorrow: US vs Sweden at 4, then Canada vs Czech Republic at 8. It'd be pretty cool to see a Canada/USA final.

13 Re: IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships 2018 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
If Team USA continues to receive favorable treatment from the men in stripes they may get there. But if the trying is even, Sweden will destroy them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum