What is Karlsson's Worth To You?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14179
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: What is Karlsson's Worth To You?

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Earring we might be keeping Hoffman actually sounds good to me. If we’re just retooling we’re gonna need first liners.
    I think there’s a fair share of players that might get traded and I feel like it will likely come down to smith, one or two of our bottom 6 forwards and either Ceci or phaneuf. Although Ceci could be a draft trade.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17080
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I think Eugene could see the wisdom in eating $2M (per year) on Phaneuf's salary if you're replacing him with a guy making $4M or less...as then we're still paying less per year....but that's hard to project for the next three years.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2624
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Earring we might be keeping Hoffman actually sounds good to me. If we’re just retooling we’re gonna need first liners.
    I think there’s a fair share of players that might get traded and I feel like it will likely come down to smith, one or two of our bottom 6 forwards and either Ceci or phaneuf. Although Ceci could be a draft trade.

My guess is it's one of Smith/Pageau (probably Smith), Oduya, Claesson. Maybe Thompson if he gets healthy. I see a Smith for Michael Stone trade happening for some reason. Brass would be a long-shot but someone may overpay for him.

Fans will be upset when Burrows and Phaneuf aren't traded, especially when they hear someone wanted Phaneuf and Melnyk won't eat salary (but would love to eat that cap space).

Ceci at the draft if they get the sense that Karlsson is re-signing. Will get a player back, not a pick/prospect.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14179
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:20 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Earring we might be keeping Hoffman actually sounds good to me. If we’re just retooling we’re gonna need first liners.

My guess is it's one of Smith/Pageau (probably Smith), Oduya, Claesson. Maybe Thompson if he gets healthy. I see a Smith for Michael Stone trade happening for some reason. Brass would be a long-shot but someone may overpay for him.

Fans will be upset when Burrows and Phaneuf aren't traded, especially when they hear someone wanted Phaneuf and Melnyk won't eat salary (but would love to eat that cap space).

Ceci at the draft if they get the sense that Karlsson is re-signing. Will get a player back, not a pick/prospect.

I dunno about smith for stone. Id rather get some younger pieces. There was talk the flames might part ways with Bennett. Although it’s debatable if he’s not what he’s expected to be better than he is right now. The Sens are said to have had interest in him a while back.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 794
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Post by Lagoon on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:17 am

He’s worth a Stanley Cup to me. He’s our best way to one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 am