You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:Mac says they've backed off on trading Hoffman, which is smart imo.

Trading Hoffman would have always been the worst mistake in my opinion. Pure goal scorers are rare. We could use one more Hoffman in my opinion.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
There most obvious possible reason Anselmi left is Melnyk. But there are other possible explanations.

Maybe a year into this hire Anselmi realizes they aren't really close to getting shovels in the ground. This may not be his first rodeo but it's his first involving the NCC.

Or maybe an ownership change is very close and the prospective new owners have their own candidate.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Mac says they've backed off on trading Hoffman, which is smart imo.

Trading Hoffman would have always been the worst mistake in my opinion. Pure goal scorers are rare. We could use one more Hoffman in my opinion.

I think you can stomach one Hoffman but certainly not two. He doesnít score enough for me to consider him a pure goal scorer

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think what you're missing is not another Hoffman but a healthy Stone. Scores pretty much the same number of goals and brings so much more.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:I think what you're missing is not another Hoffman but a healthy Stone. Scores pretty much the same number of goals and brings so much more.
Good luck finding another stone.

Finding another Hoffman, possible. James Neil comes to mind.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Didomenico back on waivers. I imagine this is to make room for Gaborik?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:Didomenico back on waivers. I imagine this is to make room for Gaborik?

McCormick was sent down too.

So McCormick, Thompson, DiDomenico out. Gaborik, Shore, Dumont in

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Didomenico back on waivers. I imagine this is to make room for Gaborik?

Dear lord, canít we waive him also? Iíd rather have McCormick or DiDomenico than him.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Gaborik wearing his LA number and Fisherís #12.

Shore switching his up and wearing Daugavins 23 that he couldnít have in LA because of Dustin Brown.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
DiDomenico cleared waivers.

Harper playing with Ceci tonight. Does Boucher realize a Sabres win in regulation sees the Sens one point away from 30th overall?

Gaborik on the right of Hoffman and Duchene. Shore in between Dzingel and White.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I don't expect much from Gaborik. If they were to trade Smith, let Paajarvi walk, and let Burrows sit in the pressbox they could dress something similar to:

Hoffman-Duchene-Gaborik
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Ryan-Pageau-White
McCormick-Shore-Pyatt

Not a bad lineup...

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Sens rumored to have interest in Klefbom. I wonder if they'd have interest in Smith?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens rumored to have interest in Klefbom. I wonder if they'd have interest in Smith?
That is interesting. Where did that come up in?
Im sure theyíd be trying to get Hoffman with klefbom. Heís a better D than heís shown this year.

Im sure Gaborik on the first line is an experiment. I think they should have kept white there. To show what he can do. Itís not about winning games anymore but to see who can do what for next year. Personally Iíd rather see Gaborik play with Pageau.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The Fourth Period is reporting it. Not the most reliable source but they've sold me on hope.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The Fourth Period is reporting it. Not the most reliable source but they've sold me on hope.

Youíre right. Not the most reliable but they tend to pick their rumours out of somewhere. So thereís likely a little smoke.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Lagoon wrote:DiDomenico cleared waivers.

Harper playing with Ceci tonight. Does Boucher realize a Sabres win in regulation sees the Sens one point away from 30th overall?

Gaborik on the right of Hoffman and Duchene. Shore in between Dzingel and White.

Yeah not to crazy about Harper with Ceci. Chabot would have made more sense. Maybe theyíre trying to spread out the rookies. Harper did have some great moments last year.

Itís still surprising to me that claesson is just benched and they are done with him. He shown such promise last year.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Itís hard to believe it but GMs are calling on oduya. Bag of pucks and conditional. Make it happen!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Dear lord, canít we waive him also? Iíd rather have McCormick or DiDomenico than him.

He must have some incriminating evidence on Boucher from his junior days. Maybe pictures from some rookie hazing party with Guy involved. It's gotta be something like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum