You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:All I'm saying is that Dahlin was more impressive as a 16 year old (plus 8 months) than a year later.

How so?

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Well this was just annoying to watch. They aren’t terrible but this system were playing just keeps us in the game but just isn’t putting us over. I haven’t once said that we need to fire the coach but it’s getting to the point where Guy isn’t trying to modify what the team is doing. Just keeps trying to get the guy to work what they were doing last year but it’s not seeing the success it was. There needs to be a point where the team plays differently. Teams have adjusted. Guy doesn’t seem to want to.


Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Why are we in this situation after having almost gone to the final?
1 - Lost Methot and decided to replace internally
2- Lost MacArthur and decided to replace internally ( He was a major part of the playoffs)
3 - traded Turris for Duchenne and it hasn't paid off
4 - Expected that Ryan would be better this year
5 - Expected elite goaltending from Anderson and Condon
6 - Relied heavily on Karlsson and he hasn't been super human

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Why are we in this situation after having almost gone to the final?
1 - Lost Methot and decided to  replace internally
2- Lost MacArthur and decided to replace internally ( He was a major part of the playoffs)
3 - traded Turris for Duchenne and it hasn't paid off
4 - Expected that Ryan would be better this year
5 - Expected elite goaltending from Anderson and Condon
6 - Relied heavily on Karlsson and he hasn't been super human
1. EK playing this way would have exposed Methot and we’d be crucifying Methot as well. 
2. MacArthur didn’t help this team get to the playoffs.  This is a red herring. 
3. I can’t say it helped but I personally think we’d be exactly where we are with Turris.  
4. Same as #2. This is the same Ryan as last regular season if not better.  
5. Bang on.  We’re not even getting average goaltending.  
6. Bang on.  He has been awful.  

I’ll add that Smith and Hoffman have seen their shooting % drop dramatically.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake. Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7. He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg. White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand. White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches. Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?

Too many decisions make no sense.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Karlsson likes Boucher and Boucher loves Karlsson. That's not an issue.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Karlsson likes Boucher and Boucher loves Karlsson. That's not an issue.

I don't believe the part in bold. You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Karlsson likes Boucher and Boucher loves Karlsson. That's not an issue.

I don't believe the part in bold.  You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

I have knowledge of this. Inside knowledge. It's true - Karlsson is treated special compared to other players.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Oduya was the external replacement for Methot and it was a mistake.  Would have been better served by playing Claesson/Harpur/Englund/Jaros more and Oduya as a 5/6 if not 7.  He could dispense wisdom during practices and make all those youngsters better.

Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont were external replacements for Wingels/Stalberg.  White should have been the internal replacement for MacArthur but he broke his hand.  White/Chlapik/Paul are better than Thompson/DiDomenico/Dumont, but Booucher.

Phaneuf is playing hurt, Oduya is playing hurt, yet Claesson and Harpur are healthy scratches.  Burgdoerfer comes up with 3 NHL games under his belt and he has more ice time than Chabot?  

Too many decisions make no sense.

Sure looks poorly on Boucher and Dorion.
I can see Dorion thinking he’s got the golden touch up until this summer where most of his moves had planned out well.
You believe you can do no wrong when you’re in that position. Today is a rude awakening for him. Let’s see what he does this summer. Although ownership constraints will have to be factored in. It’s tough to fight your way out of a lowered position with one hand tied behind your back

I imagine re-signing Karlsson will come with a condition. Re-sign if Boucher is gone. Again, Karlsson has the franchise by the balls.

Karlsson likes Boucher and Boucher loves Karlsson. That's not an issue.

I don't believe the part in bold.  You speak things you have determined as fact without any proof.

I have knowledge of this. Inside knowledge. It's true - Karlsson is treated special compared to other players.

Well he's the captain, he has a wonky foot, and he has a giant ego...he probably is treated different. This doesn't mean he likes Boucher.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I am in agreement. Boucher probably 'loves' him because he is (was?) the only reliable defenceman on this team. Having someone who can play 30 minutes a night and put up 60 points - any coach would love them and treat them differently. It doesn't mean Karlsson likes Boucher and his recent comments about needing to be in the 'right' places even though they're the wrong places speak to this.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am in agreement. Boucher probably 'loves' him because he is (was?) the only reliable defenceman on this team. Having someone who can play 30 minutes a night and put up 60 points - any coach would love them and treat them differently. It doesn't mean Karlsson likes Boucher and his recent comments about needing to be in the 'right' places even though they're the wrong places speak to this.

There is nothing to be in agreement about. I know karlsson likes Boucher. Stating otherwise or trying to form an opinion over a comment is false .

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Seems like we are one star closer to lebreton flat being the new home of the Sens.

Looking for a silver lining here folks. Something positive...

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Silver lining is Matt Duchene is really really good.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rumor that Craig Conroy, AGM for Calgary, is coming to watch the Sens game tonight and is reportedly here to scout a forward. I imagine they'd be after Hoffman.
Probably Zach Smith.  He’s more truculent. Calgary does not have a 1st or 2nd this year.  Rasmus Andersson ?

Yeah, I think Garrioch tweeted out that Calgary is more interested in Smith. Take him, I say.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum