You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:Hand clap to you. Good post.

How did Wolanin look last night? I wasn't able to watch the game. But I did hear on the radio that he was quite impressive.

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Also, Guy Boucher is a bit of a douchebag.  After the game, he said that "this is what you get when you have the young guys in your lineup.  They do their best, but they can't keep up yet."   He mentioned Chabot specifically, but the implication was also their for Wolanin.  This is such a Dung, cop-out statement.  Chabot had a bit of a rough game, for sure, but also contributed offensively.  The roster is filled with vets...they just suck right now.  Watching McDavid skate around Hoffman while Hoffman doesn't even touch him is just embarassing.  And then for Boucher to pin this on the "young guys" is such horse Dung.  Diddle him, and Diddle that.

I think I said it yesterday in more polite terms, Boucher has got to go. He isn’t the right coach for our current situation. He’s holding us back and causing resentment and turmoil within.

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Hand clap to you. Good post.

How did Wolanin look last night? I wasn't able to watch the game. But I did hear on the radio that he was quite impressive.

Confident, quick, smart, high IQ on offence. Basically everything you will have already read. He got burned by McDavid once, but it was purely because of McDavid’s acceleration. He never gave up on the play after getting torched. Duchene called him outstanding and one of the Sens best players last night. I’d love to see a Wideman and Wolanin third pairing next season.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Also, Guy Boucher is a bit of a douchebag.  After the game, he said that "this is what you get when you have the young guys in your lineup.  They do their best, but they can't keep up yet."   He mentioned Chabot specifically, but the implication was also their for Wolanin.  This is such a Dung, cop-out statement.  Chabot had a bit of a rough game, for sure, but also contributed offensively.  The roster is filled with vets...they just suck right now.  Watching McDavid skate around Hoffman while Hoffman doesn't even touch him is just embarassing.  And then for Boucher to pin this on the "young guys" is such horse Dung.  Diddle him, and Diddle that.

It was the vet with the 'A' that took a bad penalty she made it worse by nothing off and taking two more.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dorion had a Season Ticket Holder conference call today and told them that they were going to offer Karlsson a contract on July 1st, try to resign Duchene as well, resign Stone, consider buyouts/trades where possible, and reevaluate the coaches at season's end. Basically he said nothing that we didn't already know/assume.

He also inexplicably said that the "resources in Belleville" are great...maybe he was talking about the actual arena/facilities or something, as that's the only thing that could be referred to as "great" in Belleville right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He doesn't mean the team is great. AHL is much like junior hockey where there will be extreme ups and downs of winning and losing. The coaches and development can still be good even if the team is losing.

I think Boucher will be retained as they have played well under him the last few months or so and he deserves a chance to start the third year.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Boucher being retained is an unknown to me. They've taken strides by taking some of his 'guys' away. Watching Crawford berate Chabot the other night is a serious faux-pas. Perhaps they get rid of his assistant coaches first then get rid of him?

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
As for buyouts, I am assuming they mean Burrows. Gaborik has been okay IMO. Ryan another buyout potential...

And just to clarify, they may 'offer' Karlsson a contract but he may not want to take it. They may 'offer' him $10M/8 and trade him when he says no. They 'offered' Turris a contract too.



Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boucher being retained is an unknown to me. They've taken strides by taking some of his 'guys' away. Watching Crawford berate Chabot the other night is a serious faux-pas. Perhaps they get rid of his assistant coaches first then get rid of him?

Anyone to takes issue with a coach firing up a player or "yelling at them" is in the wrong. That happens with every coach, every player, at some point or another.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boucher being retained is an unknown to me. They've taken strides by taking some of his 'guys' away. Watching Crawford berate Chabot the other night is a serious faux-pas. Perhaps they get rid of his assistant coaches first then get rid of him?

Anyone to takes issue with a coach firing up a player or "yelling at them" is in the wrong. That happens with every coach, every player, at some point or another.

Agreed but this is the guy is coaching the 29th ranked power play or penalty kill or whatever it is, which has struggled over the past two seasons. And he's taking it out on a 21 year old with ~ 30 games NHL experience. Sorry but there was a reason these two guys were coaching in Switzerland.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As for buyouts, I am assuming they mean Burrows. Gaborik has been okay IMO. Ryan another buyout potential...

And just to clarify, they may 'offer' Karlsson a contract but he may want to take it. They may 'offer' him $10M/8 and trade him when he says no. They 'offered' Turris a contract too.

Exactly... they will try to lowball him . And that’s IF he’s actually part of the team by July 1st.

There is a chance we are keeping kalrsson. Emotions can play a factor in everything. Between the up and downs of the season on the GM and ownership, the reaction to ownership by the fans and the prospect of ridiculously low renewal of season tickets there may be some readjustment from management towards keeping him.
On the part of kalrsson, loosing his son might factor into things. The reactions from the city. As devastating as this is, maybe his wife feels like h9me is where she’d rather closely be. I can’t say Because I have no link to that but if maybe he was leaning on the side of leaving, maybe that might be a pull back. Or not. Maybe the opposite.

All I’m saying is emotions are super high and it’s been a rollercoaster. Things could change. IMO the situation still looks like thenone around the trade deadline but it could not.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
I think we start the season with Boucher again next year, but it’s getting obvious that the ice is thinning under him. Things might get telling for pierre in exit interviews and affect how long the leash pierre leaves to Guy.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it. It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boucher being retained is an unknown to me. They've taken strides by taking some of his 'guys' away. Watching Crawford berate Chabot the other night is a serious faux-pas. Perhaps they get rid of his assistant coaches first then get rid of him?

Anyone to takes issue with a coach firing up a player or "yelling at them" is in the wrong. That happens with every coach, every player, at some point or another.

Agreed but this is the guy is coaching the 29th ranked power play or penalty kill or whatever it is, which has struggled over the past two seasons. And he's taking it out on a 21 year old with ~ 30 games NHL experience. Sorry but there was a reason these two guys were coaching in Switzerland.

Sure but that's completely separate from the topic of him yelling at a player. Results are more important than the style of coaching or random events like yelling at a player.

There's nothing wrong with motivating a player through verbal action like that. If you can't handle that, you can't handle NHL hockey.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As for buyouts, I am assuming they mean Burrows. Gaborik has been okay IMO. Ryan another buyout potential...

And just to clarify, they may 'offer' Karlsson a contract but he may want to take it. They may 'offer' him $10M/8 and trade him when he says no. They 'offered' Turris a contract too.

Exactly... they will try to lowball him . And that’s IF he’s actually part of the team by July 1st.


There is a chance we are keeping kalrsson. Emotions can play a factor in everything. Between the up and downs of the season on the GM and ownership, the reaction to ownership by the fans and the prospect of ridiculously low renewal of season tickets there may be some readjustment from management towards keeping him.
On the part of kalrsson, loosing his son might factor into things. The reactions from the city. As devastating as this is, maybe his wife feels like h9me is where she’d rather closely be. I can’t say Because I have no link to that but if maybe he was leaning on the side of leaving, maybe that might be a pull back. Or not. Maybe the opposite.

All I’m saying is emotions are super high and it’s been a rollercoaster. Things could change. IMO the situation still looks like thenone around the trade deadline but it could not.  

You assuming they would try to lowball him is ridiculous. They also didn't lowball Turris. They didn't agree on term. And they got a way better player as a result.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it.  It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Far better off in the AHL playing lots of minutes. Boucher also wasn't blaming anybody, it's just reality that a team with a depleted lineup full of young guys will look like that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it.  It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Far better off in the AHL playing lots of minutes. Boucher also wasn't blaming anybody, it's just reality that a team with a depleted lineup full of young guys will look like that.

It's not a lineup "full of young guys". The three "young guys" are Chabot, Wolanin, and Chlapik. I'd like to see at least two more "young guys" called up from Belleville to see some NHL action before this season is through.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it.  It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Far better off in the AHL playing lots of minutes. Boucher also wasn't blaming anybody, it's just reality that a team with a depleted lineup full of young guys will look like that.

I must have missed the game last night where the Sens had a team full of young guys. Confused!

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum