You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd argue that Zib underachieved in Ottawa and Cowen was not a good pick. But that's besides the point.

you must not remember Cowen as a prospect then.

Anyway, Mike Fisher is coming out of retirement to play for Nashville. That team is not good, IMO.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd argue that Zib underachieved in Ottawa and Cowen was not a good pick. But that's besides the point.

Anyway, Mike Fisher is coming out of retirement to play for Nashville. That team is not good, IMO.

Yeah I thought that was an interesting choice for him to make. Iím sure heís still a decent 3rd line Center and will add to their depth if they make another long playoff push. Plus practically no cost to them and Fisher comes in feeling fresh.
I think itís a good move.

In other notes, Melnyk appears on TV with a quasi apology for his idiocy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:

I do remember when Cowen was drafted. There were several concerns about an injury he sustained in junior, but was also compared to Adam Foote and Zdeno Chara because of his size. It was a high risk high reward draft pick that didn't pan out. It was a pretty weak draft overall though.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Oh, Mike, what have you gone and done now. Facepalm

Remember when Sundin joined Vancouver have way through the season? I fear this will have a similar end.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Bruce Garrioch of The Ottawa Citizen reports the Calgary Flames are believed to among the suitors for Senators forward Zack Smith.

Smith, 28, is signed through the 2020-21 season at a $3.25 million cap hit. He told the Citizen on Wednesday he's doing his best ignore the rumours around his name.

ďIím not a guy that goes home, watches games or listens to the radio or follows it that much,Ē Smith said. ďI try to keep my head out of it, but you hear stuff around, mostly when you guys come (to interview him).

ďYou canít worry too much about it. I can only control how I play. The unfortunate part of not winning games and the team being in this position is players tend to get moved or changes are made. Thatís part of the game. The only thing I can control is my game. If we start winning games, you donít have to worry about that as much.Ē

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I would not miss Zack Smith. He used to be such a physical presence and it seems that has totally disappeared from his game for whatever reason.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:I would not miss Zack Smith. †He used to be such a physical presence and it seems that has totally disappeared from his game for whatever reason.

Ya he's not very hungry anymore is he

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
I think injury plays a role in why his play this year.

I donít think we get much for him. 2nd round pick. Maybe a small plus.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
2nd round pick and free up 3.25 per is a great deal for us.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:2nd round pick and free up 3.25 per is a great deal for us.
Itís not terrible no. But you would hope you might get more.
I remember when we got a second for Chris campoli! Good olíBrian...

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Always nice to have bobby put one in on his old team

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
And then get hit on the hand with the puck again.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:And then get hit on the hand with the puck again.
Something weird going on. †He knocks the puck with his left hand but is shaking his right hand as he leaves the ice.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Colin White with his first point. Duchene with a beauty. Nice to see those guys doing well...could be two big parts of the future.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Colin White with his first point. †Duchene with a beauty. †Nice to see those guys doing well...could be two big parts of the future.
Iím very skeptical of duchene wanting to resign in ottawa.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Colin White with his first point. †Duchene with a beauty. †Nice to see those guys doing well...could be two big parts of the future.
Iím very skeptical of duchene wanting to resign in ottawa.

I think he would resign. He's from Haliburton, so it's about as close as he can get to his home town.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Duchene will sign, no diubt

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't see us catching Arizona for last, but Buffalo is within striking distance!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum