2020 Expansion draft

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 14353
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 am

    Oglethorpe wrote:Since you cannot fall more than 3 spots there is a huge benefit of finishing dead last this year in particular.  Significant drop off from the top 4.

    Yeah that does make sense, although I’m not sure we’ll manage to really dip to 1st. Even with only 4 points out of a playoff spot.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49342
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by wprager on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:26 pm

    10.5% to 18.0% is a very significant jump.  And if Buffalo is 30th you know they never win, so add their 12.5% Smile

    I'm sure you've already heard about Ev@n Bouchard.  Ranked 6th in the latest ISS Top-31 list, just behind Adam Boqvist. But Boqvist is smaller and plays in Europe.  In other words Bouchard is already playing NA style hockey.

    If the Sens win the lottery it's a no brainer, you take Dahlin.  If they are picking 2nd or 3rd then it's Zadina or Tkachuk (I just don't see them picking a Russian, yet). But if they are picking 4/5 then they may well go for Bouchard.  He has size and playing in the O on his side over Boqvist, and he's a rightie, to boot.


    Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2207
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Oglethorpe on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm

    Svechnikov is a better pick than Zadina or Tkachuk.  Ottawa might take Bouchard over Boqvist but not one of the wingers.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49342
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by wprager on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:44 pm

    Sens haven't taken a Russian since Perestroika. Well, not that far back, but still. I'll believe it when I see it.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21542
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am

    They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 am

    Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

    You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
    Anaheim - 1
    Atlanta - 2
    Boston - 2
    Buffalo - 3
    Calgary - 2
    Colorado - 4
    Columbus - 5
    Chicago - 4
    Dallas - 4
    Detroit - 3
    Edmonton - 7
    Florida - 5
    Minnesota - 3
    Montreal - 4
    Nashville - 4
    New Jersey - 4
    New York Islanders - 7
    New York Rangers - 5
    Philadelphia - 7
    Pittsburgh - 3
    Phoenix - 2
    Los Angeles - 6
    Tampa Bay - 8
    Toronto - 6
    St. Louis - 6
    San Jose - 4
    Vancouver - 3
    Vegas - 1
    Washington - 7
    Winnipeg - 2

    Those are actual facts and that’s why they are stated as such.

    So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

    You also have no idea what Svechnikov wants to do or why.

    You post is crap and has been called out.


    Last edited by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21542
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

    You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
    Anaheim - 1
    Atlanta - 2
    Boston - 2
    Buffalo - 3
    Calgary - 2
    Colorado - 4
    Columbus - 5
    Chicago - 4
    Dallas - 4
    Detroit - 3
    Edmonton - 7
    Florida - 5
    Minnesota - 3
    Montreal - 4
    Nashville - 4
    New Jersey - 4
    New York Islanders - 7
    New York Rangers - 5
    Philadelphia - 7
    Pittsburgh - 3
    Phoenix - 2
    Los Angeles - 6
    Tampa Bay - 8
    Toronto - 6
    St. Louis - 6
    San Jose - 4
    Vancouver - 3
    Vegas - 1
    Washington - 7
    Winnipeg - 2

    So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

    You also have no idea what Svechnikov wants to do or why.

    You post is crap and has been called out.

    I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts. They signed Gonchar and traded for Filatov.

    It's pretty obvious that Svechnikov wants to have an NHL career having come over to the USHL and OHL. You have no clue what you're talking about if you can't see why this means he wants to play NHL.

    There are not many Russians in the league and the Sens don't want to draft Russian KHLers. They are not anti-Russian, they are anti KHL Russians. You listed some teams with 2 Russians drafted since 2007. That's pretty much the same thing. It's just a case where the Russians the Sens actually wanted to draft didn't fall in their lap.

    If I had access I would ban you right now for being a huge troll over the last month or so. It's getting ridiculous and making this site not enjoyable to visit. You're wasting your time because nobody wants to talk to you if you continue this way.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:04 am

    No, you don’t know they wanted to draft those 4 Russians for a fact.

    And signing the veteran Gonchar and trading for an already volatile Filatov do nothing to enhance your attempts at being a Sens internet draft insider. Good effort at changing the topic though.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21542
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am

    Lagoon wrote:No, you don’t know they wanted to draft those 4 Russians for a fact.

    And signing the veteran Gonchar and trading for an already volatile Filatov do nothing to enhance your attempts at being a Sens internet draft insider. Good effort at changing the topic though.

    Yeah, I'm just not going to talk to you anymore. You're a troll and nothing more. Goodbye.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am

    Heaven forbid someone finally calls you out on your crap. Watch what you post.

    Peace out. I will be here to let others know actual facts like the truth above.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am

    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

    You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
    Anaheim - 1
    Atlanta - 2
    Boston - 2
    Buffalo - 3
    Calgary - 2
    Colorado - 4
    Columbus - 5
    Chicago - 4
    Dallas - 4
    Detroit - 3
    Edmonton - 7
    Florida - 5
    Minnesota - 3
    Montreal - 4
    Nashville - 4
    New Jersey - 4
    New York Islanders - 7
    New York Rangers - 5
    Philadelphia - 7
    Pittsburgh - 3
    Phoenix - 2
    Los Angeles - 6
    Tampa Bay - 8
    Toronto - 6
    St. Louis - 6
    San Jose - 4
    Vancouver - 3
    Vegas - 1
    Washington - 7
    Winnipeg - 2

    So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

    You also have no idea what Svechnikov wants to do or why.

    You post is crap and has been called out.

    I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts. They signed Gonchar and traded for Filatov.

    It's pretty obvious that Svechnikov wants to have an NHL career having come over to the USHL and OHL. You have no clue what you're talking about if you can't see why this means he wants to play NHL.

    I love that you say I have “no clue” what I’m talking about and try to display your superiority when really there are so many reasons why what you just said is the most surface-level intelligence when it comes to hockey, kids and drafting. Take for example just because Svechnikov comes to NA play at an early age means not what you think it means. He comes here as a kid, gets treated like a star, gets playing time and minutes as a teen in a foreign land and then gets drafted to the NHL and faces his first bit of playing time adversity, discipline, professional structure, etc. He doesn’t get his way, attitude changes and that doesn’t fly in the NHL. What happens then? He’s always been able to get away with it and now he’s being held truly accountable. Ottawa’s been burned by Russians before talent-wise and attitude, and I would assume, as my facts would seem to support, they seem a little gun-shy to draft one again, unlike every single team in the NHL since Ottawa’s last attempt.

    Carry on with your grade school knowledge and bully facts.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:They don't have an Anti Russian bias. They just don't want to take KHLers. Svechnikov has played in Michigan and Barrie the last two years. If he didn't want to play NHL he wouldn't have done that

    You don’t know what the Sens want, so don’t pretend to. The actual facts laugh in the face of what you pretend to know about Ottawa’s drafting preference. Consider for example, since the Sens last Russian draft selection of Bashkirov in the 2nd round, 60Th overall in 2007 the following teams have drafted this many Russians:
    Anaheim - 1
    Atlanta - 2
    Boston - 2
    Buffalo - 3
    Calgary - 2
    Colorado - 4
    Columbus - 5
    Chicago - 4
    Dallas - 4
    Detroit - 3
    Edmonton - 7
    Florida - 5
    Minnesota - 3
    Montreal - 4
    Nashville - 4
    New Jersey - 4
    New York Islanders - 7
    New York Rangers - 5
    Philadelphia - 7
    Pittsburgh - 3
    Phoenix - 2
    Los Angeles - 6
    Tampa Bay - 8
    Toronto - 6
    St. Louis - 6
    San Jose - 4
    Vancouver - 3
    Vegas - 1
    Washington - 7
    Winnipeg - 2

    So yah, every single NHL team has drafted Russians and most multiple Russians since the Sens last called one to the stage in 2007.

    You also have no idea what Svechnikov wants to do or why.

    You post is crap and has been called out.

    I know for a fact the Sens wanted to draft Grigorenko, Burmistrov, Yakupov, and Sergachev in their respective drafts.

    There are not many Russians in the league and the Sens don't want to draft Russian KHLers. They are not anti-Russian, they are anti KHL Russians. You listed some teams with 2 Russians drafted since 2007. That's pretty much the same thing. It's just a case where the Russians the Sens actually wanted to draft didn't fall in their lap.

    Didn’t fall into the Sens lap? Did you ever think with your limited knowledge that maybe those 4 players you “know for a fact” the Sens wanted didn’t fall into the Sens lap because the Sens have Russians ranked so low that they would never fall that far? Especially considering Grigorenko was consensus pre-ranked at 8th overall in 2012, actually got drafted 12th and the Sens picked 15th. If the Sens wanted him, they had ample time to trade up. Burmistrov was consensus pre-ranked at 7th overall in 2010. He got drafted 8th. If the Sens really wanted a Russian in 2010, at 16th they could have drafted a guy by the name of Tarasenko, who was ranked 8th overall and still on the board when the Sens chose to trade for Swedish Rundblad instead. The Sens had ample opportunity to pick Burmistrov or change their focus to the falling Tarasenko. Sergachyov you say? In 2016, he was consensus pre-ranked at 7th overall, got picked 9th and the Sens had the 12th selection. The Sens had ample time to trade up as all 3 Russians fell below their draft ranking. The Sens wanted to draft Yakupov. Laughing3 good one.

    Don’t try and spew your Dung with me around.
    avatar
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2207
    Age : 50
    Location : Charleston
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Oglethorpe on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm

    @lagoon
    Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed. You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing. Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed. It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 849
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Lagoon on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 pm

    Oglethorpe wrote:@lagoon
    Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed.  You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing.  Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed.  It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.

    I’m not sure what you are reading because

    1 - I never said the Sens were gunshy. I said they seem to be gunshy as the facts presented of every other team in the NHL drafting Russians and most multiple times over since the Sens last did. I don’t pretend to know more than Pierre Dorion, Murray or staff like others do.

    And

    2 - I also didn’t say the Sens could easily have moved up. I said they had ample time if they wanted to draft those 4 specific Russians as 3 of them were already falling. Yakupov, that’s just laughable unless the Sens wanted to do what you say is not easy to do. If it isn’t easy to do, why would Ev say the Sens wanted him? That’s like saying a fat kid wants candy. Of course he does. I know it is not easy to do and that why I laughed at the Yakupov suggestion.

    And of course the Sens bring in most all players for pre-testing and interviews. They are in the NHL after all.

    $$$$$$$ The fact is, if the Sens wanted to draft those 4 Russians that were suggested by Ev, they either had to trade up or hope all 4 fell well below their mock draft ranking consensus. If that was the Sens strategy to hope all 4 fell, can you really state you know for a fact the Sens wanted them? I’m sure all the Stanley Cup winners hope higher ranked draft eligible players fall. It’s up to them to go get them if they want, just like the Sens have done before for non-Russian players or many other teams do every single draft day.

    Ev’s post is crap. I’ve proven it and will continue to do so with actual fact not opinion stated as fact.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21542
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

    Oglethorpe wrote:@lagoon
    Your logic that the Sens are gunshy with drafting Russians is quite flawed.  You state how they could have easily moved up but it’s not that easy to do. The Sens have been very interested in CHL Russians to the extent they have brought some to Ottawa pre draft for interviews and testing.  Tarasenko was a risk to not come over and Murray passed.  It’s well known the Sens coveted Sergechev but moving into the top 10 is tough.

    Yup it's pretty well known of their interest in Sergachev and they did attempt to trade up. Tarasenko was a KHL Russian. Completely different scenario.

    My advice, put this clown on ignore. He's been here before under multiple usernames.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2732
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

    REDACTED Bouchard is my dark horse pick for the Sens if they don't draft Dhalin.

    Prospects with NHL potential: White, Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Perron, Gagne, Chlapik

    Defensemen: Jaros, Englund

    We have a lot more forward depth. If Karlsson is traded I think Ottawa will go with Bouchard who is a 6'2" puck moving RHD. Leads London and OHL defencemen with points.

    If Ottawa does get Dhalin I imagine Karlsson will be kept and Ceci traded. Just a hunch.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2732
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 pm

    Hmmm... apparently when I type 'REDACTED' it changes to 'REDACTED'

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2732
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

    Ev@n ? Does this work?

    Super weird. What is going on around here

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2020 Expansion draft

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:50 pm