2020 Expansion draft

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: 2020 Expansion draft

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am

I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Im wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Hes impressive and it wouldnt surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2732
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Im wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Hes impressive and it wouldnt surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21542
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Im wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Hes impressive and it wouldnt surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

Based on what? We have no idea who they'll take.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

I dont agree with you that if Dahlin goes first overall and the Sens have 2nd pick that they would take Bouchard. Not sure why you think you know this or why that would happen. Passing up on Svechnikov or Zadina wouldnt be the greatest decision in my opinion.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am

Ev wrote:

Laughing3 This is rich.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49342
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm

I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17170
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

Ya got that right.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:

Laughing3 This is rich.

Dude, we get it. You don't need to keep doing this.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm

wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

Thats why I made a new thread.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

I just can't see them taking a forward if they trade Karl.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21542
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

Ev wrote:
    Ev wrote:

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1. We don't even know the draft order yet. The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Ev wrote:

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1. We don't even know the draft order yet. The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor.

That's a huge detail. So if Ottawa gets pick 7-10 they can decide then and there depending on who was selected.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49342
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 am

Of course it has to be that way. It's Ottawa's option. The only thing they can't do is change their mind next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm