You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 Expansion draft

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:44 am

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Iím wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Heís impressive and it wouldnít surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

62 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Iím wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Heís impressive and it wouldnít surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

63 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I was at the Knights game last night and Bouchard was once again leading all the offence and anchoring the defence. I think he was in on every goal and if Iím wrong, he sure made it seems that way. His poise with and without the puck is astounding. Every shot he attempts seems to make it on net no matter how many legs or sticks are in the way. Heís impressive and it wouldnít surprise me if depending on the draft order, Bouchard jumps ahead of Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.

Ottawa will be taking him if they don't get Dhalin (and if he's still available).

Dhalin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom, Hughes appears to be the top 8. If Ottawa doesn't get a top five, at worst sixth pick I'd consider forfeiting the pick to Colorado.

Based on what? We have no idea who they'll take.

64 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore

I donít agree with you that if Dahlin goes first overall and the Sens have 2nd pick that they would take Bouchard. Not sure why you think you know this or why that would happen. Passing up on Svechnikov or Zadina wouldnít be the greatest decision in my opinion.

65 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:

Laughing3 This is rich.

66 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

67 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

Ya got that right.

68 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:05 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Laughing3 †This is rich.

Dude, we get it. You don't need to keep doing this.

69 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:I think this is the wrong thread for entry draft picks.

Thatís why I made a new thread.

70 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

I just can't see them taking a forward if they trade Karl.

71 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:

Based on organizational need. They have practically no depth in the system defensively, especially on the right hand side. Just a hunch, but if they plan on trading Karlsson they'll need someone better than Ceci and Wideman down the road.

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

72 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

You don't pass on somebody you prefer (if that's the case) because of need. They would most likely get a D in return for Karlsson anyway.

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. †It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1. We don't even know the draft order yet. The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor.

73 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:

Anyways I'm just saying, I and a lot of people on this site have been down this road before of trying to predict picks, and it just doesn't work. †It really is a crapshoot who they will pick.

The only scenario we know is if Ottawa picks #1. †We don't even know the draft order yet. †The one thing I found interesting is that Ottawa doesn't have to decide if they're giving Colorado the pick until they're actually on the clock on the draft floor. †

That's a huge detail. So if Ottawa gets pick 7-10 they can decide then and there depending on who was selected.

74 Re: 2020 Expansion draft on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Of course it has to be that way. It's Ottawa's option. The only thing they can't do is change their mind next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum