2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Share

    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:I hope so. At this point, if the Sens draft 
    1st, I’d take Dahlin
    2nd, Zadina 
    3rd, Svechnikov
    4th, Hughes 
    5th, Boqvist
    2 and 3 is a coin flip right now and I still haven’t decided.

    Pretty much. M’not sure about Hughes. But for sure a Dman in the 4rth and 5th spot.
    I’d take Hughes just because next year, his brother can pull a Lindros and refuse to play for anyone but us. The thing to me is Quinn, Jack and Luke have secretly been planning to be the next best thing to the Sedins since the Sedins. The Sens will have all three Hughes boys in 2021. Far fetched?

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48700
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:34 pm

    Cool article on Luchuk:
    https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/sens-farm-report-aaron-luchuk/c-296153582

    "That was a huge motivator for me. Not getting drafted has made me a better player," said Luchuk about not hearing his name called at the NHL Draft. "I saw a lot of guys that I grew up playing with get taken and that definitely put a chip on my shoulder. It made me want to sign an NHL contract even more and I pushed myself incredibly hard over the past few years to achieve that goal."

    He, now, knows first-hand that it takes hard work to get where he wants to be, and he also knows that he can do it.

    "My first game ever in Ottawa was the Senators hosting the Maple Leafs and I remember just how bitter the Battle of Ontario rivalry was at the time," Luchuk recalled. "It was the game where Darcy Tucker jumped in to the Senators' bench way back in the day."

    He's also a close friend of Logan Brown from when they both played on the Spitfires.


    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16825
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:49 pm

    I always like the guys like Luchuk that have a bit of a tougher road....
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13759
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:11 pm

    Lagoon wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:I hope so. At this point, if the Sens draft 
    1st, I’d take Dahlin
    2nd, Zadina 
    3rd, Svechnikov
    4th, Hughes 
    5th, Boqvist
    2 and 3 is a coin flip right now and I still haven’t decided.

    Pretty much. M’not sure about Hughes. But for sure a Dman in the 4rth and 5th spot.
    I’d take Hughes just because next year, his brother can pull a Lindros and refuse to play for anyone but us. The thing to me is Quinn, Jack and Luke have secretly been planning to be the next best thing to the Sedins since the Sedins. The Sens will have all three Hughes boys in 2021. Far fetched?

    Very far fetched since we don’t have our 1st rounder for next year.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13759
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:15 pm

    wprager wrote:Cool article on Luchuk:
    https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/sens-farm-report-aaron-luchuk/c-296153582

    "That was a huge motivator for me. Not getting drafted has made me a better player," said Luchuk about not hearing his name called at the NHL Draft. "I saw a lot of guys that I grew up playing with get taken and that definitely put a chip on my shoulder. It made me want to sign an NHL contract even more and I pushed myself incredibly hard over the past few years to achieve that goal."

    He, now, knows first-hand that it takes hard work to get where he wants to be, and he also knows that he can do it.

    "My first game ever in Ottawa was the Senators hosting the Maple Leafs and I remember just how bitter the Battle of Ontario rivalry was at the time," Luchuk recalled. "It was the game where Darcy Tucker jumped in to the Senators' bench way back in the day."

    He's also a close friend of Logan Brown from when they both played on the Spitfires.


    I don’t know enough about his talent but is he really a possible NHLer or more an Ahler?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48700
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 pm

    He's 5'10". That's why he went undrafted.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:47 pm

    wprager wrote:He's 5'10". That's why he went undrafted.
    Size or not, he didn’t light the OHL up when he started. No reason for him to be drafted when he was eligible.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Cool article on Luchuk:
    https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/sens-farm-report-aaron-luchuk/c-296153582

    "That was a huge motivator for me. Not getting drafted has made me a better player," said Luchuk about not hearing his name called at the NHL Draft. "I saw a lot of guys that I grew up playing with get taken and that definitely put a chip on my shoulder. It made me want to sign an NHL contract even more and I pushed myself incredibly hard over the past few years to achieve that goal."

    He, now, knows first-hand that it takes hard work to get where he wants to be, and he also knows that he can do it.

    "My first game ever in Ottawa was the Senators hosting the Maple Leafs and I remember just how bitter the Battle of Ontario rivalry was at the time," Luchuk recalled. "It was the game where Darcy Tucker jumped in to the Senators' bench way back in the day."

    He's also a close friend of Logan Brown from when they both played on the Spitfires.


    I don’t know enough about his talent but is he really a possible NHLer or more an Ahler?
    He absolutely can work himself into an NHL role. He plays a two-way game and is perfectly suited for a 2C 3C role if he keeps working and there is no reason to think he won’t. He literally takes 3/4 of Barrie’s faceoffs from the games I saw. Wins the draw sometimes and jumps off. I found that funny.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21266
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 pm

    Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

    To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48700
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by wprager on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 am

    Lagoon wrote:
    wprager wrote:He's 5'10". That's why he went undrafted.
    Size or not, he didn’t light the OHL up when he started. No reason for him to be drafted when he was eligible.

    He was put in a defensive role at first.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16825
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 am

    Ev wrote:unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon

    Dude, FFS, let's drop it.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21266
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:01 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon

    Dude, FFS, let's drop it.

    I'm not the one constantly harassing and bullying other users.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

    Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

    To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon

    Dude, FFS, let's drop it.

    I'm not the one constantly harassing and bullying other users.
    You are embarrassing yourself. On a scale of 1-10, how intimidated and jealous are you of me?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21266
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am

    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

    To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon

    Dude, FFS, let's drop it.

    I'm not the one constantly harassing and bullying other users.
    You are embarrassing yourself. On a scale of 1-10, how intimidated and jealous are you of me?

    Jealous of you? Why would I be jealous of an internet troll? I'm not intimated by you, you're just constantly harassing and bullying me and a few others and reposting anything that we get wrong. It's so stupid and tiresome. We can't post anything without you calling us out. You're creating a toxic environment.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16825
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

    Questioning each other is fine...let's just try and do it like adults.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:58 am

    Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

    To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2
    But thank you for posting this link in support of Svechnikov. Just so you know, the poster you want us to blindly follow admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL (Svechnikov) and only watches the Q (Zadina). He rountinely wants others to post about the OHL, so he can learn. He calls Zadina unbelievable, which I agree with. He also says that in no way will Dobson get drafted before McIsaac. Wow. I suggest you keep reading. I will be going to see my roughly 20th 2017-18 OHL game on Monday. I have no issue with Svechnikov, never have. He’s a beast. He didn’t have a good playoff however. My only issue was you pretending to know of a consensus difference between Zadina and Svechnikov. You are an arrogant poster that actually knows very little. It is why you are here trying to bully your opinion on others. People will have a good long post of opinion and you will respond with one sentence disputing a simple thought that Gagne could surprise at camp next season. Carry on being you. I will be here to call your Dung out.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21266
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 pm

    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:Read this thread with opinions from somebody who watches Zadina play quite a bit. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-draft-prospect-discussion.2403797/page-48

    To people who know what they’re talking about, unlike people with no knowledge like Lagoon , Svechnikov is far and away the clear #2
    But thank you for posting this link in support of Svechnikov. Just so you know, the poster you want us to blindly follow admits that he doesn’t watch the OHL (Svechnikov) and only watches the Q (Zadina). He rountinely wants others to post about the OHL, so he can learn. He calls Zadina unbelievable, which I agree with. He also says that in no way will Dobson get drafted before McIsaac. Wow. I suggest you keep reading. I will be going to see my roughly 20th 2017-18 OHL game on Monday. I have no issue with Svechnikov, never have. He’s a beast. He didn’t have a good playoff however. My only issue was you pretending to know of a consensus difference between Zadina and Svechnikov. You are an arrogant poster that actually knows very little. It is why you are here trying to bully your opinion on others. People will have a good long post of opinion and you will respond with one sentence disputing a simple thought that Gagne could surprise at camp next season. Carry on being you. I will be here to call your Dung out.

    No, I’m done here. For good. And it’s all your fault. Youre a hypocrite and you clearly have other issues going on in your life. You are hilarious if you think you aren’t the one being the bully here. I know what I know, and I know I have a vast amount of knowledge about the game and prospects.

    This is my last post on gmhockey. Nice talking to you guys over the years. Most of you know your Dung. Clearly this isn’t the place for me anymore given the toxicity brought in by certain posters.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 387
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm

    You’ll be back and I will be here to once again call you out on the dribble above that once again turns out to be false. You’re so dramatic, are you expecting people to fight for you to stay? Come back when you can convey better tone and be less of a know it all.


    Last edited by Lagoon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:45 am