2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55152
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 am

    Who do people want to take at 2 or 3 if we get one of those?

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 17001
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:59 am

    PTFlea wrote:Who do people want to take at 2 or 3 if we get one of those?

    Diddle, I really have no idea. †There's a pretty diverse group of players after Dahlin....Tkachuk (LW) has 8G in 38GP the NCAA, but he's a big winger who people rave about, Svechnikov (RW) has 40G in the OHL, Zadina has 44G in the Q, Bouchard (D) has 87 points in the OHL and is pretty big, and Boqvist (D) is a small Swedish defenceman who seems a lot like Karlsson..... †I'd be happy with any of these guys. †It's so hard to compare them.

    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 730
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:10 am

    Diddle this. 4 teams can pass Pittsburgh. Go Sens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55152
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Who do people want to take at 2 or 3 if we get one of those?

    Diddle, I really have no idea. †There's a pretty diverse group of players after Dahlin....Tkachuk (LW) has 8G in 38GP the NCAA, but he's a big winger who people rave about, Svechnikov (RW) has 40G in the OHL, Zadina has 44G in the Q, Bouchard (D) has 87 points in the OHL and is pretty big, and Boqvist (D) is a small Swedish defenceman who seems a lot like Karlsson..... †I'd be happy with any of these guys. †It's so hard to compare them.

    Yeah, those were the 4 that caught my eye, especially Zadina, but I know nothing about it really.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 14102
    Age : 42
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:10 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Who do people want to take at 2 or 3 if we get one of those?

    Diddle, I really have no idea. †There's a pretty diverse group of players after Dahlin....Tkachuk (LW) has 8G in 38GP the NCAA, but he's a big winger who people rave about, Svechnikov (RW) has 40G in the OHL, Zadina has 44G in the Q, Bouchard (D) has 87 points in the OHL and is pretty big, and Boqvist (D) is a small Swedish defenceman who seems a lot like Karlsson..... †I'd be happy with any of these guys. †It's so hard to compare them.

    Yeah, those were the 4 that caught my eye, especially Zadina, but I know nothing about it really.

    Zadina is the guy I want.

    Crazy left field move could be to trade out of the spot to get another 2nd rounder if he thinks he can draft Bouchard or Boqvist.

    Personally Iíd stay clear of Tkachuk. But heís a tipycal sens type player so I expect them to draft him.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21398
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:10 pm

    Svechnikov is the clear #2 and the player I would draft #2, but I wish there was an elite centre available. I just don't care about wingers this high for the most part.

    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 730
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:59 pm

    Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21398
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2538
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm

    Ev wrote:Svechnikov is the clear #2 and the player I would draft #2, but I wish there was an elite centre available. I just don't care about wingers this high for the most part.


    I agree to your point re: wingers but think we have enough organizational depth with Brown, Batherson, Chlapik and White as natural centers. I'm also intrigued to see what Luchuk can do at the AHL level . I get he's an over-ager in the OHL but the guy is a points machine. 115 pts and 8 PIM is pretty crazy. He may project to be a depth center down the road. He's unfortunately a lot smaller than I thought he was.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 17001
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:21 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Actually Ev, you are not correct. There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I.

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

    https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

    http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

    Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all. There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21398
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Actually Ev, you are not correct. †There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I. †

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

    https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

    http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

    Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all. †There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.

    I didnít say he would be the #2 in every single ranking. But that doesnít matter at all. Only Bob McKenzies ranking really matters. Anyone who knows anything about the draft and prospects has a clear cut #2 right now
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 730
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:31 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Actually Ev, you are not correct. †There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I. †

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

    https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

    http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

    Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all. †There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.

    That is correct. I could post some more links for you and I as well, but what is the point? He knows he is wrong now and that is what matters when someone pretends to know everything.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 17001
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:41 pm

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Actually Ev, you are not correct. †There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I. †

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

    https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

    http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

    Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all. †There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.

    I didnít say he would be the #2 in every single ranking. But that doesnít matter at all. Only Bob McKenzies ranking really matters. Anyone who knows anything about the draft and prospects has a clear cut #2 right now

    Facepalm
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 730
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:43 am

    30th is locked up and no worse than 5th overall selection is ours to decide to keep or give to Colorado.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49024
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:48 am

    Bob McKenzie doesn't do prospect rankings. He just compiles many other lists. If there Sens pick second they are likely to pick Zadina. In fact, because of the KHL threat many other GMs would also avoid drafting a Russian player.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21398
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 pm

    wprager wrote:Bob McKenzie doesn't do prospect rankings. He just compiles many other lists. †If there Sens pick second they are likely to pick Zadina. In fact, because of the KHL threat many other GMs would also avoid drafting a Russian player.

    There is no khl threat for a player who came to Muskegon Michigan three years ago to develop for the nhl draft . The sens will not draft out of the mhl/khl but as Dorion has said they have no issues drafting Russians out of the CHL. Iím of the same opinion. I would never pick a khl russian. Top CHL Russian players get drafted high and donít slip.

    Thatís not correct about McKenzies list. His list is made based on the opinions of actual nhl scouts and executives. He does not compile other peopleís lists. Thatís why his are the gold standard.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21398
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Ev on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm

    Lagoon wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Svechnikov is not the clear #2, but thatís cool that you would pick him. Iím torn on him and Zadina just like mostly everyone else, all the rankings and mocks that Iíve seen.

    That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Actually Ev, you are not correct. †There are many lists available on the internet compiled by people that know more than you and I. †

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-march/

    https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-bouchard-rocketing-up-draft-board-1.1031499

    http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2018-draft-rankings-dahlin-still-the-darling

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank6

    http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2018&layout=&ranking=Rank4

    Svechnikov is #2 on some lists, but not all. †There is far from a consensus as to who will go #2.

    That is correct. I could post some more links for you and I as well, but what is the point? He knows he is wrong now and that is what matters when someone pretends to know everything.

    You are ridiculous and cancerous to this forum. Youíre such a hypocritical bunghole
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 730
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Lagoon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:52 pm

    Ev wrote:That's not correct. He is by far the clear #2. I really don't care what you have to say in reply to this, because I don't respect you nor value your opinion at all, but this is just fact.

    Ev wrote:I didnít say he would be the #2 in every single ranking. But that doesnít matter at all. Only Bob McKenzies ranking really matters. Anyone who knows anything about the draft and prospects has a clear cut #2 right now

    Ev wrote:Thatís not correct about McKenzies list. His list is made based on the opinions of actual nhl scouts and executives. He does not compile other peopleís lists. Thatís why his are the gold standard.

    I guess Iím just curious how you can say Svechnikov is the clear #2 in the face of all the proof he isnít and also when you only go by McKenzieís list and McKenzieís list isnít even out yet? Sarcasm

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:04 am