You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:I wouldn’t mind lehner but I think they would have soured on his personality big time . Remember what Neely said, he trashed alfredssons house while staying there

I still think we’re going to sign De Haan on Sunday. This is how I envision the team right now if no other moves are made besides Anderson being traded. I also think smith will be traded though

Boedker-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

De Haan-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

UFA goalie
Condon
I agree they take a run at De Haan but can they get him. If they can that solidifies our D with EK.

Up front I see it something like

Dzingle- Duchene - Ryan
Boedker - Pageau - Stone
Smith - White - Pyatt
Pajaarvi - Chlapik - Burrows

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Where's Tkachuk?

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Where's Tkachuk?
At BU.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

I mean, sure you could, but everyone who's seen him says he can go straight to the nhl .

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

I mean, sure you could, but everyone who's seen him says he can go straight to the nhl .

Who says that? Internet fans?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I don’t see it. I would love it if he could play C though. That’s his natural position.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Wolanin and Wideman is probably the best 5 and 6 in the league. That’s my opinion and anyone that makes a pairing without those two is missing something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
At BU.

Who says that? Internet fans?

Ken Campbell was a huge fan of Tkachuk and said several times he can play - and play effectively in the NHL in 2018. Then over this draft weekend there were more scouts and analysts who agreed. Some said he needs a year in the AHL, some said send him back to BU and be patient, several said put him in. At 6'3" and with his skill set and determination, NHL coaching might be the best coaching he can get.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dear goodness....do we have a left pairing D-man for the first two pairings?  I'm not being an arse, I'm truly curious.  Harpur?  Uh...

Oh Chabot...so we're missing a true pairing 1 lefty - which Chabot will be - and soon, but isn't yet.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It is widely agreed upon by experts that Tkachuk , Svechnikov and Dahlin are the three players who can play right away. Whether or not Brady does though has yet to be determined. Today I would bet he does. Also on Wolanin he may have to start in the ahl I’d we have too many bodies . I personally wouldn’t want to pair him with Wideman as I would rather he gets paired with a more defensive player

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I think the biggest reason they picked Tkachuk over Zadina is that the later it's more likely to require some time in the AHL. Although topping the scales close to 200 in a 6'0" frame means he's not a skinny kid, he doesn't yet have the strength to play with the big boys (there's still plenty of heavy hockey left in the league).

Given the state of affairs in Ottawa, I'd be surprised if Tkachuk didn't get at least his 9 games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
In fact I think it's pretty clear he can't go back to BU because they will absolutely want to give him a few games, so his NCAA eligibility will be gone. He can also go to the AHL since he didn't play Junior.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:I think the biggest reason they picked Tkachuk over Zadina is that the later it's more likely to require some time in the AHL. Although topping the scales close to 200 in a 6'0" frame means he's not a skinny kid, he doesn't yet have the strength to play with the big boys (there's still plenty of heavy hockey left in the league).

Given the state of affairs in Ottawa, I'd be surprised if Tkachuk didn't get at least his 9 games.
Zadina won’t spend 10 seconds in the AHL.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:In fact I think it's pretty clear he can't go back to BU because they will absolutely want to give him a few games, so his NCAA eligibility will be gone. He can also go to the AHL since he didn't play Junior.
The club has no power here. If he wants to go back to school he can. His father sounded like that is the most likely scenario.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:I think the biggest reason they picked Tkachuk over Zadina is that the later it's more likely to require some time in the AHL. Although topping the scales close to 200 in a 6'0" frame means he's not a skinny kid, he doesn't yet have the strength to play with the big boys (there's still plenty of heavy hockey left in the league).

Zadina won’t spend 10 seconds in the AHL.

Zadina can't be sent to the AHL.  Playing in the CHL last year the only option is to go back to Halifax...

Tkachuk, (if he decides to leave college) can be sent to the AHL or even to an OHL team if ottawa chooses.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think he could play in London with Formenton and Bouchard. He would dominate and put up high enough numbers to shut fans up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We'll see, maybe Ottawa doesn't want to rush him. They could care less if he puts up numbers in the ohl to make fans happy though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Until we know what up with Karlsson, Duchene and Stone we don't know if this is a rebuild, a reload or burn it to the ground and start afresh. If it's the last one then they will make a team of Boucher and Crawford's old players from the Swiss league, play them for a year or two, trade away the good ones at the deadline.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum