Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55160
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:15 am

Lagoon wrote:The Sens and Karlsson will be fine moving forward in my opinion. It sucks that the Karlsson’s had to take this step because management didn’t trade Hoffman fast enough, but the Sens should show their loyalty and all will be forgotten. The Sens are not far off in my opinion. Their owner is a piece of Dung, but we all know that and he won’t be around much longer I don’t think.

We need a new owner and everything else will fall into place, but...trading Karlsson or not being able to re-sign him is a massive step back IMO. Not only for the organization's on ice product, but also for perception of the franchise.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2556
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 am

Im with PT on his six steps and agree with all of them, though I think O'Reilly may not be required due to cap constraints and assets.

- Ceci+Harpur+Hoffman for Klebom and 10th overall (I think his value still remains unchanged)
    - Smith+Claesson (RFA) for Connor Murphy
    - Bury Gaborik in minors (force him into retirement)

22_4_ever
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 592
    Registration date : 2011-01-19

Post by 22_4_ever on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Trade Karl at the draft at this point. Get all that you can. It is obvious this team is a shell of its former self. May as well scrap everything and restart.

Just wait until the fan-base explodes when we extend Ceci to some ludicrous contract. That will be the end for those who haven't already given up on this team

I'm not sold that the team is that bad...

If you can resign Karl, Stone and Duch long term with the prospects coming we could be good next year. Trade Hoffmann and get something decent then we're in better shape.

BUT!!

If they do trade Karl (or plan on it) then give Colorado the 4th pick this year. The team will be a shell of itself and next years draft is much better especially the top 4 players. I'd rather one of them or even get the top pick than give it to Colorado.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Im with PT on his six steps and agree with all of them, though I think O'Reilly may not be required due to cap constraints and assets.

- Ceci+Harpur+Hoffman for Klebom and 10th overall (I think his value still remains unchanged)
    - Smith+Claesson (RFA) for Connor Murphy
    - Bury Gaborik in minors (force him into retirement)

I think if Gaborik can play 60 games, we'll benefit by his speed and veteran presence, especially if we lose Karlsson and Hoffman.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49049
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

GMPTFlea!

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 am

Yupp. If he stays healthy which he's shown he can't. But you're right, a vet presence would be nice to have in the lineup.

I'm reluctantly hopeful for this team going forward. I think June 22nd will be a make or break day for this franchise. I am just not sure which direction management will take us and that's a hard pill to swallow right now.

If Hoffman is gone, Randy Lee is acquitted of his charges (non criminal), and steps are taken to improve the team I think Karlsson will re-sign. If Karlsson is tendered an offer (and they've for sure talked about things similar to OEL) and he declines it stating he is not interested in staying here then he will be gone Friday. Simple as that.

I also think the public outpour and support for him on a personal level this year will not fall on deaf ears. All this insanity may actually help Ottawa's ability to re-sign him, especially if there is belief that Alfie will be part of a future management team.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17024
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

The only way I can see Karlsson even CONSIDERING an offer from the Sens is if it comes from new ownership. I think the bridge between him and Eugene is torched, and Euge doesn't seem like the type of guy to make amends.

Anyway...glad to hear there's still some optimism out there. I'm not feeling it myself, though.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 761
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Post by Lagoon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:The Sens and Karlsson will be fine moving forward in my opinion. It sucks that the Karlsson’s had to take this step because management didn’t trade Hoffman fast enough, but the Sens should show their loyalty and all will be forgotten. The Sens are not far off in my opinion. Their owner is a piece of Dung, but we all know that and he won’t be around much longer I don’t think.

We need a new owner and everything else will fall into place, but...trading Karlsson or not being able to re-sign him is a massive step back IMO.  Not only for the organization's on ice product, but also for perception of the franchise.  

I agree. That’s what I’m saying. We are fine. Karlsson will stay and the team will be sold soon.

If Karlsson goes like everyone here thinks he is, the Sens will be a bigger joke than the are proving themselves to be right now.

I’m going to go back and look at your 6 steps now because someone mentioned them.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:45 pm

PTFlea wrote:1.Do everything in your power to re-sign Karlsson - including offering him 12 X 8.

2.Re-sign Duchene to an 8 year extension

3.Re-sign Stone to an 8 year extension

4.Acquire a D-man using Hoffman if possible.

5.Investigate the availability of O'Reilly out of Barfalo

6.Try to swap Smith for a comparable D-man.

Yeah, this will do fine. I would even change your #4 to using him to get Edmonton’s 10th or a STL prospect. Kyrou or Thomas.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:46 pm

We have the pieces. Karlsson isn’t going anywhere. I’ve always said that.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17024
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 pm

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1007298153136046080

Spader and me theorize that this might be BigEv. I am having a good laugh. Also...who cares.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:22 pm

wprager wrote:GMPTFlea!

I'd love to.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21415
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm

tim1_2 wrote:https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1007298153136046080

Spader and me theorize that this might be BigEv.  I am having a good laugh.  Also...who cares.

i said I was done posting but I had to see if this was being talked about lol. It is me. This is so dumb. I was just using it to reply to fans.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Alfie can also help us keep Karlsson by making sure he realizes that Melnyk will be gone sooner than later.

Everything hinges on Karlsson. Otherwise, as Lagoon said, next year has the potential to be a huge joke with the Senators being the punchline.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm

can you screen capture: https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/1007298153136046080

Behind a firewall.

Having FOMO right now

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Nevermind. I got it.

You know, Ev. There is always room for you here. The more opinion and knowledge the better the forum.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21415
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nevermind. I got it.

You know, Ev. There is always room for you here. The more opinion and knowledge the better the forum.
    I hear you mayn. Zero issues with 98% of users on here. It's funny that I'm now considered Melnyk/Dorion/Lee though

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nevermind. I got it.

I hear you mayn. Zero issues with 98% of users on here. It's funny that I'm now considered Melnyk/Dorion/Lee though

The reality is when people believe in their opinions, opinions almost turn into fact. I know you're referencing a certain rivalry you have on here but at the end of the day we're just passionate fans. I bet if the two of you met in person you'd probably like each other a lot and realize you have quite a few things in common.

Pretty funny you're being referred to as their burner account. You should PM Yost and tell him to join the site. We used to have Mark Christopher on here who was pretty knowledgeable. 22 seems to have some really good insight, and a couple other guys on here know their stuff too. We've almost created a small, secretive group of 'almost insiders' here. To be honest, I value the discussions on here more than I do McKenzie, Dreger, etc. I would just hate for this site to turn into the Senschirp or Hockeybuzz comment boards. What we have here is pretty special. You should really consider contributing again with the understanding that you may have more insight than some of us but we're all passionate fans and cheering for the same things even if our knowledge and opinions differ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:09 pm