You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Getting really tired of this. Russia's soccer success kept my mind occupied but now that's over, too.  

Nevertheless I hope Dorion doesn't feel he has to make this trade soon.  If it didn't go down at the draft then there's really no advantage to rush it now.  Next "deadline"it's the start of training camp and it's a really soft one. Next hard deadline is really March 2019, although it's in the best interest of all sides that it happens sooner.

Letting it linger invites more guests to the party (a recent rumor has a mystery team joining in the fun), makes the suitors more anxious, and Karlsson probably wants to start looking for a house sooner rather than later.

There is still only one Karlsson, so Dorion still has the upper hand. No matter how much the other sides try to convince otherwise.

I’m guessing that this won’t drag on until the start of training camp. I just don’t see all this being a distraction to everything else going on. The team deserves a fresh break and to solidify some sort of line-up.

I imagine Dorion is in line with the second point because he did come out saying he expects this team to compete for a playoff spot.

You and I and everyone should obviously not be taking this too seriously as I’m sure it’s lip service to get people to buy season tickets and it will just wind up as egg on his face when we’re closer to the Hugues lottery than a playoff spot.

Lagoon


Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:I don't think I'm at all blinded by smoke. I don't want to speak for others but I suspect they mostly feel the same.  

I don't have insider information so I am rightfully skeptical about "news" unless they come from sources who have demonstrated their validity multiple times. Bobby Mac is top of that list.  22 really wasn't on the list until quite recently.  I had no reason to trust it or disbelieve it.  

I honestly wonder how it was that you - Lagoon - knew right away that the rumor was false?  Oh, that's right, you *didn't*. It was Ev, who - without sarcasm, I might add - said that, while he wouldn't mind this trade, saw it as exactly the same as tweeted out by a fake Lebrun account.

I don't know what happened. Simpson was also tweeting that a deal was imminent. You may think that he's an idiot but he *does* have connections way more than any (most?) of us do.

Garrioch was also fooled by a fake account which seemingly confirmed *his* rumor (which hasn't been ruled out yet). Again, you may say Garrioch is another idiot but, like it or not, he is way more connected than anyone here.

So 22 was wrong. It happens. Even to those that do it for a living. That's why there are scores of reporters but only one Mr. Worldwide Bobby Margarita.

Are you saying I’m the one putting down people that actually get paid to talk about and write about hockey? You might want to check that.

Lagoon


Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:I don't think I'm at all blinded by smoke. I don't want to speak for others but I suspect they mostly feel the same.  

I don't have insider information so I am rightfully skeptical about "news" unless they come from sources who have demonstrated their validity multiple times. Bobby Mac is top of that list.  22 really wasn't on the list until quite recently.  I had no reason to trust it or disbelieve it.  

I honestly wonder how it was that you - Lagoon - knew right away that the rumor was false?  Oh, that's right, you *didn't*. It was Ev, who - without sarcasm, I might add - said that, while he wouldn't mind this trade, saw it as exactly the same as tweeted out by a fake Lebrun account.

I don't know what happened. Simpson was also tweeting that a deal was imminent. You may think that he's an idiot but he *does* have connections way more than any (most?) of us do.

Garrioch was also fooled by a fake account which seemingly confirmed *his* rumor (which hasn't been ruled out yet). Again, you may say Garrioch is another idiot but, like it or not, he is way more connected than anyone here.

So 22 was wrong. It happens. Even to those that do it for a living. That's why there are scores of reporters but only one Mr. Worldwide Bobby Margarita.

I only laughed at 22 for posting a trade that he got from a fake Lebrun account and passed it off as from a friend at the NHL offices with intricate details. And yes, I was the first one that called Dung on the Melnyk inference, because sarcastically, Melnyk has already approved it before a fake trade call happens.

Bottom line, Karlsson is still a Sen and that’s amazing. My opinion is still intact.

Whatever else you want to Wing Dang Doodle about, have at it. I’ll be here to keep fans as fans.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:
Are you saying I’m the one putting down people that actually get paid to talk about and write about hockey? You might want to check that.

And *you* might want to check what it was I actually wrote.

I actually couldn't give a crap if you devoted a half dozen posts to ridicule Simpson or Garrioch.  They are professionals and they got it wrong, and of course they don't give a half-hearted fart what you say on this site (they don't event know you exist).  But you didn't do that. You went on ad nauseum with sarcastic posts aimed at nothing more than demeaning a poster who made a mistake.

Grow up a bit.

Also, can you at least man up and let us know who you used to be? Are you Notch or Dash or someone else? Why the charade? Only one reason I can think of, and that reason is grounds for banning.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Pretty quiet out there and on here today

22_4_ever

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
So I've been quiet since I caused a lot of trouble for my close friend last week. Here is the story, choose to believe it or not.

1. last week Melnyks new GF (a local woman) made it known at a party that EK had talked and agreed in principle with TB to sign an extension.
2. Ottawa and TB work on a deal...here is where things go sideways.

Eventually around 9pm on Thursday night TB and Ott agreed to a deal...Originally I was told the deal was Sergechev and Foote Plus (don't know what the plus was). In order to make the deal work TB had to clear cap for next year...they have enough cap in the 2019-2020 season for the extension but not next year for the current contract. In order to make room TB had to work out another deal to trade an existing roster player, and they engaged with the NYR to make that deal.

This is where I should have waited, but my close friend who works in the NHL head office told me the deal was done pending the trade call. I assumed it would happen right away, but I was unaware that TB needed to work out a deal with NYR first. I went on to state the deal was done, as did a couple of other people (who did so on twitter).

The trade call never happened, and I'm told by the time TB managed to work out a deal with NYR to clear the room, when they went back to Ottawa they got cold feet and decided to change the deal. Ottawa decided they wanted more and wanted Radysh instead of Foote.

I was confused when I was told the deal was Serg and Foote, and then a couple of hours later it was Serg and Raddysh. When I saw the tweets from other sources I assumed the picks were correct. My friend has since relayed to me that the original deal he received from someone in TB whereas the second package 2 hours later was from a Sens source. He says it's obvious Ottawa changed their minds before TB could get back to them.

TB was not happy and I'm told that right now Dorion is the one with cold feet and that TB might be willing to tell them to go to hell, as they know EK will be willing to sign next year.....why not get him for nothing next July 1st.

Anyway, that's what happened, and whether you believe it or not I wanted to clear the air on why I posted it was confirmed and why it hasn't happened.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
22_4_ever wrote:So I've been quiet since I caused a lot of trouble for my close friend last week.  Here is the story, choose to believe it or not.

1.  last week Melnyks new GF (a local woman) made it known at a party that EK had talked and agreed in principle with TB to sign an extension.
2.  Ottawa and TB work on a deal...here is where things go sideways.

 Eventually around 9pm on Thursday night TB and Ott agreed to a deal...Originally I was told the deal was Sergechev and Foote Plus (don't know what the plus was).  In order to make the deal work TB had to clear cap for next year...they have enough cap in the 2019-2020 season for the extension but not next year for the current contract.  In order to make room TB had to work out another deal to trade an existing roster player, and they engaged with the NYR to make that deal.

 This is where I should have waited, but my close friend who works in the NHL head office told me the deal was done pending the trade call.  I assumed it would happen right away, but I was unaware that TB needed to work out a deal with NYR first.  I went on to state the deal was done, as did a couple of other people (who did so on twitter).  

 The trade call never happened, and I'm told by the time TB managed to work out a deal with NYR to clear the room, when they went back to Ottawa they got cold feet and decided to change the deal.  Ottawa decided they wanted more and wanted Radysh instead of Foote.

I was confused when I was told the deal was Serg and Foote, and then a couple of hours later it was Serg and Raddysh.  When I saw the tweets from other sources I assumed the picks were correct.  My friend has since relayed to me that the original deal he received from someone in TB whereas the second package 2 hours later was from a Sens source.  He says it's obvious Ottawa changed their minds before TB could get back to them.

TB was not happy and I'm told that right now Dorion is the one with cold feet and that TB might be willing to tell them to go to hell, as they know EK will be willing to sign next year.....why not get him for nothing next July 1st.

Anyway, that's what happened, and whether you believe it or not I wanted to clear the air on why I posted it was confirmed and why it hasn't happened.

This sounds believable. Personally I never doubted that you had solid connections. No reason to just make things up otherwise.

Personally I think if Karlsson makes it to camp without being traded, he'll be here beyond next season.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
22, fwiw, I have sources within the organization that have provided me with info that:

a) I have shared carefully in this forum in an attempt to protect them;
b) Has been wrong in the past due to unforeseen changes; and
c) Has been outright wrong.

I heard from someone very close to the situation that a sale of the team was imminent. You and I conversed via PM about this a few weeks back. My source told me that had Melnyk not received the refinancing deal, he would have been forced to sell. This lines up with the loan being inline with when LeBreton will be ready, and is supported by a 'rebuild' façade, ie: use a rebuild to cover up the fact that we're going to be a cap team. Whether this is true or fabricated I will never know.

I respect your info and encourage you to continue posting in this forum, whether right or wrong.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote? I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
22_4_ever wrote:So I've been quiet since I caused a lot of trouble for my close friend last week.  Here is the story, choose to believe it or not.

1.  last week Melnyks new GF (a local woman) made it known at a party that EK had talked and agreed in principle with TB to sign an extension.
2.  Ottawa and TB work on a deal...here is where things go sideways.

 Eventually around 9pm on Thursday night TB and Ott agreed to a deal...Originally I was told the deal was Sergechev and Foote Plus (don't know what the plus was).  In order to make the deal work TB had to clear cap for next year...they have enough cap in the 2019-2020 season for the extension but not next year for the current contract.  In order to make room TB had to work out another deal to trade an existing roster player, and they engaged with the NYR to make that deal.

 This is where I should have waited, but my close friend who works in the NHL head office told me the deal was done pending the trade call.  I assumed it would happen right away, but I was unaware that TB needed to work out a deal with NYR first.  I went on to state the deal was done, as did a couple of other people (who did so on twitter).  

 The trade call never happened, and I'm told by the time TB managed to work out a deal with NYR to clear the room, when they went back to Ottawa they got cold feet and decided to change the deal.  Ottawa decided they wanted more and wanted Radysh instead of Foote.

I was confused when I was told the deal was Serg and Foote, and then a couple of hours later it was Serg and Raddysh.  When I saw the tweets from other sources I assumed the picks were correct.  My friend has since relayed to me that the original deal he received from someone in TB whereas the second package 2 hours later was from a Sens source.  He says it's obvious Ottawa changed their minds before TB could get back to them.

TB was not happy and I'm told that right now Dorion is the one with cold feet and that TB might be willing to tell them to go to hell, as they know EK will be willing to sign next year.....why not get him for nothing next July 1st.

Anyway, that's what happened, and whether you believe it or not I wanted to clear the air on why I posted it was confirmed and why it hasn't happened.

I don't think anyone who has been here for a long time doubted you. It happens. That's the danger of a deal like this, you almost have to wait until it's official.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.

That was my first strong thought as well when reading that. Yikes.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

22_4_ever

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

Actually believe it or not by Raddysh for a lot of scouts is a more highly rated prospect. The expectation is if he doesnt make the bolts this season he is almost a lock for the 2019 year, whereas Foote is stiill 2-3 years away. I'm not saying that the only part of the deal was Raddysh for Foote, that's just the pieces I was told. There is more to both offers (TB's to Ott and Ott's rebuttle).

I seriously have no idea where things stand now, but I do know that TB was not impressed....

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
That part scares me. If Karlsson is dead set on Tampa and they are willing to wait until he's UFA we could really lose him for pennies on the dollar.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
22_4_ever wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

Actually believe it or not by Raddysh for a lot of scouts is a more highly rated prospect.  The expectation is if he doesnt make the bolts this season he is almost a lock for the 2019 year, whereas Foote is stiill 2-3 years away.  I'm not saying that the only part of the deal was Raddysh for Foote, that's just the pieces I was told.  There is more to both offers (TB's to Ott and Ott's rebuttle).

I seriously have no idea where things stand now, but I do know that TB was not impressed....

Honestly Diddle Tampa. Glad we’re playing hardba

Also l don’t think Foote is a big prospect...seems more like a Cowen type

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:That part scares me. If Karlsson is dead set on Tampa and they are willing to wait until he's UFA we could really lose him for pennies on the dollar.

Lose him as a rental, potentially to an arch rival of TB and perhaps someone they have to play in the playoffs. They can kiss my Donkey. Yzerman always makes the best trades, well...maybe not this time

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What kind of a moron would you have to be to want Radyysh instead of Foote?  I hope that's false, because it would mean we're really dealing with a fool here.
I’m not sure why that would be stupid. Also Dorion and Mann know their prospects. Foote was a highly questionable pick

Foote is a MUCH better prospect than Radyysh, it's not even close IMO.

I absolutely agree. Foote may have been taken earlier than expected by Yzerman in the draft, but not one scout is questioning that pick anymore. Yzerman also refused to deal Foote as part of the McDonaugh deal. Foote and Raddysh are both a year away still. Raddysh sulked because he had to do things himself at the start his season with the basement dwelling Otters and even when he wore out his welcome and got traded to SSM, he needed Katchouk and Frost to feed him. Foote is the piece Yzerman wouldn’t want part with. Raddysh is obsolete in Tampa now with guys like Katchouk, Cirelli, Volkov and Joseph in the system and thriving.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum