Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by wprager on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”
    Dorion: “We want Raddysh”
    Yzerman: “Ok, fax over the offer, we’ll sign it”

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

In that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

What a ridiculous comparison. Dorion is in this situation because of Melnyk, Caryk, Lee and Canadia taxes and weather.

It's not all Stevie Y.  Couple years ago he was this close to blowing the Drouin trade into the kid was finally put into the lineup and played lights out in the playoffs. The Habs got excited at the prospect of a francophone superstar not even in his prime yet. They overpaid huge. Yzerman was very lucky, IMO.

You feel a sergachev trade for Drouin was an overpayment?
    I think Drouin is much better than he’s shown in Mtl, he’s just not utilized correctly. I knew it was a mistake to try and make him a C. Plus they’ have a crap team with a few good players. He’d be much better elsewhere.

Speaking of Mtl, how about that Pacioretty situation? They sure are making a mess of it. What is it with our eastern Canada team when Toronto is the only team that looks right. World upside down.

Sorry, not overpayment (except in hindsight, perhaps) but they treated away a high prospect plain a position in need and got a good winger to join a decent roster of wingers.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14295
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:41 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:It would be so typical if Raddysh was asked for instead of Foote by Ottawa. Yzerman is a genius.

Yzerman:”Ok, we’re so close on a deal, if you really need one more prospect I can give you Foote, but there is no way we will part with Raddysh”
    Dorion: “We want Raddysh”
    Yzerman: “Ok, fax over the offer, we’ll sign it”

The Yzerman is a genius meme needs to die. He’s a good manager but hasn’t got his team over the top just yet, and gives out NTCs like candy

In that case I’m just wondering what Dorion has done for your constant praise? Tell me you’d rather have Dorion GMing a Karlsson trade over Yzerman...please, say it.

What a ridiculous comparison. Dorion is in this situation because of Melnyk, Caryk, Lee and Canadia taxes and weather.

It's not all Stevie Y.  Couple years ago he was this close to blowing the Drouin trade into the kid was finally put into the lineup and played lights out in the playoffs. The Habs got excited at the prospect of a francophone superstar not even in his prime yet. They overpaid huge. Yzerman was very lucky, IMO.

You feel a sergachev trade for Drouin was an overpayment?
    I think Drouin is much better than he’s shown in Mtl, he’s just not utilized correctly. I knew it was a mistake to try and make him a C. Plus they’ have a crap team with a few good players. He’d be much better elsewhere.

Speaking of Mtl, how about that Pacioretty situation? They sure are making a mess of it. What is it with our eastern Canada team when Toronto is the only team that looks right. World upside down.

Sorry, not overpayment (except in hindsight, perhaps) but they treated away a high prospect plain a position in need and got a good winger to join a decent roster of wingers.
    Yes that part was very questionable. Especially that they thought they could make him a centre

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Hindsight on that one though. Drouin has the tools.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 am

Sergachev has tools, too, and his tools are more rare.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6613

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:13 pm