July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 761
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Maybe the NHL is holding up the announcement of the biggest trade in hockey since Gretzky because of a #4 defenceman is getting married. That has to be it. Otherwise I wouldn’t understand anything.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21415
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:06 pm

It’s not lying if you actually heard info that was incorrect. Same thing just happened with simmer

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Lagoon wrote:Maybe the NHL is holding up the announcement of the biggest trade in hockey since Gretzky because of a #4 defenceman is getting married. That has to be it. Otherwise I wouldn’t understand anything.
    in that scenario it would be the sens holding it up out of respect , not the nhl

Not saying that is true though
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Out of respect for a guy that they left unprotected in an expansion draft or respect for a guy and his wife the team let get harassed online during the worst time of his life. Which guy?

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Lagoon wrote:Out of respect for a guy that left unprotected in an expansion draft or respect for a guy and his wife the team let get harassed online during the worst time of his life. Which guy?
    except they didn’t let that happen, but sure ok
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:15 pm

I guess we have different facts that we heard. And if we heard them, we can report them as fact right?

I don’t know one person inside the team that doesn’t know this started in Sweden, so yeah, Dorion knew he had to trade Hoffman, had a trade agreed upon and then backed out because of on-ice chemistry. Dorion absolutely let this happen.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55160
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Hobiesens wrote:I heard late last night that Dallas was still very much in the running for EK, even if all the talk is about TBL. Maybe Dorion is playing games with the media to get what he wants.

I thought that from the minute the deal wasn't announced last night. Something's happening.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14115
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Hobiesens wrote:I heard late last night that Dallas was still very much in the running for EK, even if all the talk is about TBL. Maybe Dorion is playing games with the media to get what he wants.

I thought that from the minute the deal wasn't announced last night.  Something's happening.

Yes, which is maybe why it all fell through at the last minute. Not to just defend someone on here that lagoon wants to shame but several hockey insiders from the media got torn a new one last night for getting the news out before it happen but I have a theory. A fan theory.

I think Dorion pulled the trigger on the trade with yzerman and they were about to make it go through to the nhl, Dorion calls Melnyk to confirm the good news and Melnyk goes; “so who’s taking bobby Ryan off of us?”
    Basically Melnyk May have asked Dorion to further investigate trading opportunities that might include Ryan.

His may stall the process or it may derail it for a while or re-open other options with other teams but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the hiccup. I’ve heard it being suggested by David Pagnotta that Ryan’s name is involved in the pieces that may have to move.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55160
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

I thought that from the minute the deal wasn't announced last night.  Something's happening.

Yes, which is maybe why it all fell through at the last minute. Not to just defend someone on here that lagoon wants to shame but several hockey insiders from the media got torn a new one last night for getting the news out before it happen but I have a theory. A fan theory.

I think Dorion pulled the trigger on the trade with yzerman and they were about to make it go through to the nhl, Dorion calls Melnyk to confirm the good news and Melnyk goes; “so who’s taking bobby Ryan off of us?”
    Basically Melnyk May have asked Dorion to further investigate trading opportunities that might include Ryan.

His may stall the process or it may derail it for a while or re-open other options with other teams but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the hiccup. I’ve heard it being suggested by David Pagnotta that Ryan’s name  is involved in the pieces that may have to move.

I think Dorion may have made sure he had someone's attention. Dallas just doesn't seem right to me, but someone is out there right now rubbing their favourite lucky thing and wondering if he should trade PROSPECT X in this deal or not.

Dorion might be viewed as a fool or a puppet - and he's made some bad trades, but he knows he's not in a neck breaking rush. If someone won't pony up enough, he can wait a bit.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Nope. A call was made to the NHL offices to confirm the trade. That’s what was said on here. Once it is at that level, only the NHL can nix the deal, not a meddling owner.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49049
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Tone down the sarcasm there about 15-20%, super chief.

Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Oglethorpe wrote:I still hope that Dorion doesn't get a deal he likes and EK starts the season with Ottawa.  I think he will have a great year no matter where he plays.  If the season starts decent and the team shows progress, throw a 8 x 11.25 offer his way and see what happens.

Dude, it's being reported everywhere that a deal is very close.  Quit living in your magical dreamland.  I assume even Lagoon has excepted the reality that he's getting moved this summer.

This is such a dumb take that you're obviously just trolling now.
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Lagoon on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:08 am

I will stop now.

Be better.
    wprager
    Administrator