You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

61July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Why haven't they signed duchene?  You're allowed now, let's do it.

Because they won’t resign. Pretty simple. It’s the story beneath the story. Kalrsson is the cloud over the storm.

62July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I should clarify that while I am mister negativity, I do hope we get duchene and stone signed long term. Without those kinds of contracts, there’s nothing really telling other guys that Ottawa is a worthy place to play for.

We should face it, we’re losing kalrlsson. The fact that Dorion won’t release the offer is fine, but you’d think that someone else will. And when that offer is south of 10 mill you’ll know they were Cussing him over and the fans.

63July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Why haven't they signed duchene?  You're allowed now, let's do it.

Because they won’t resign. Pretty simple. It’s the story beneath the story. Kalrsson is the cloud over the storm.

Sorry but this goes against litterally everything we have heard so far. By all account Duchene wants to sign here and it won’t be an issue. That’s why they are not focusing on him right now. They have bigger fish to fry.

64July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:I should clarify that while I am mister negativity, I do hope we get duchene and stone signed long term. Without those kinds of contracts, there’s nothing really telling other guys that Ottawa is a worthy place to play for.

We should face it, we’re losing kalrlsson. The fact that Dorion won’t release the offer is fine, but you’d think that someone else will. And when that offer is south of 10 mill you’ll know they were Cussing him over and the fans.

If he doesn’t want to sign you trade him, it’s as simple as that. This has nothing to do with the actual money in an offer. It’s all up to him at this point. I’m fine with it either way, happy to keep him but realize a huge contract like that could cripple us . I’m not enamoured with karlsson like other people are

65July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:JVR scored 36 goals for them last year

Guy who never wins goes to team who never wins

Just wondering if you can recall what you said about Barry Trotz about two months ago. I would have thought you’d have learned.

66July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Reider to Edmonton.

I like his game. Would have been good here. The Oilers will like him I think.

67July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:JVR scored 36 goals for them last year

Guy who never wins goes to team who never wins

Just wondering if you can recall what you said about Barry Trotz about two months ago. I would have thought you’d have learned.

I have to agree though, trotz was at least close a couple of times. Neither the leafs or Tavares have won anything or even close.

68July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
He wasn’t talking about JVR. Even if I misread it and he’s talking about Tavares and the Leafs, that another quote I will bring up soon.

69July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:He wasn’t talking about JVR. Even if I misread it and he’s talking about Tavares and the Leafs, that another quote I will bring up soon.

I was talking about Tavares and the leafs . So you may potentially bring it up in 11 months from now. Can they even win a round for the first time in 15 years?

70July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:He wasn’t talking about JVR. Even if I misread it and he’s talking about Tavares and the Leafs, that another quote I will bring up soon.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. The leafs have a beautiful forward group, but it really remains to be seen if they have the horses on d to win anything.

And it's also true that Tavares has won jack and Dung. It's not a bad signing, I like it but they let jvr and bozak go and replaced with basically the same offence - and like Marleau, not a winner

71July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
ROR to St.Louis for 2019 1st and 2nd, Sobotka, Berglund and Thompson.  Weak return for Buffalo for a stud player, but I've also always liked Sobotka and Berglund is decent too.

EDIT: 2021 2nd rounder, not 2019.

72July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
For one year, I wonder if Thornton would come here. Lol, like Melnyk would pay, but we could use a stop gap 2 C.

73July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Fillpula 1 year, 2.75 to the Isles. I guess we don't care about getting a veteran C.

74July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Just had supper at Hurley's in Kanata and this caught my eye:
July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Img_2010

Oh the memories. It's hard to see but that's Karlsson on the far right.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

75July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:For one year, I wonder if Thornton would come here.  Lol, like Melnyk would pay, but we could use a stop gap 2 C.

He’d sooner retire.

76July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Just had supper at Hurley's in Kanata and this caught my eye:
July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Img_2010

Oh the memories. It's hard to see but that's Karlsson on the far right.

Them were better days. Heck 12 months ago were better days.

77July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:ROR to St.Louis for 2019 1st and 2nd, Sobotka, Berglund and Thompson.  Weak return for Buffalo for a stud player, but I've also always liked Sobotka and Berglund is decent too.

EDIT: 2021 2nd rounder, not 2019.  

That’s a decent package. That first is anyone’s guess where it stands. Guess St. Louis is giving themselves at least a 3 year window to win.
Buffalo may trade berglund for something else. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wound up in Montreal

78July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades - Page 5 Empty Re: July 1st Free Agent Signings and Trades on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:ROR to St.Louis for 2019 1st and 2nd, Sobotka, Berglund and Thompson.  Weak return for Buffalo for a stud player, but I've also always liked Sobotka and Berglund is decent too.

EDIT: 2021 2nd rounder, not 2019.  

That’s a decent package. That first is anyone’s guess where it stands. Guess St. Louis is giving themselves at least  a 3 year window to win.
Buffalo may trade berglund for something else. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wound up in Montreal

Ha, yeah maybe.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum