You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Lagoon wrote:I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.
Mmmmhhh whos realizing this? If Dorion lets this happen hes terrible at making deals when the best returns are likely possible. My guess is kalrsson is gone at the latest by the end of training camp.

On another note I would love if we could resign him. To me hes the kind of player that will be playing well for most of his next contract. His game isnt overly physical. If hes not asked to block shots hell be fine.

You guys are just preparing to accept whats coming by playing down what he could mean for this team. Typical.

Oglethorpe


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.
Mmmmhhh whos realizing this? If Dorion lets this happen hes terrible at making deals when the best returns are likely possible. My guess is kalrsson is gone at the latest by the end of training camp.

On another note I would love if we could resign him. To me hes the kind of player that will be playing well for most of his next contract. His game isnt overly physical. If hes not asked to block shots hell be fine.

You guys are just preparing to accept whats coming by playing down what he could mean for this team. Typical.
I have said the Sens should consider moving Karlsson for a while, well before there was any hint it might happen. I had no idea the offers would be such crap, but there is way too much risk signing a 29 year old to an 8 year deal. Id also prefer to pay a higher price for Stone and Duchesne on a shorter term, although that would never fly with this owner. 10 x 5 for Duch and Stone would be a smart move.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I love seeing people finally realize Karlsson will probably be playing the majority of this year, and maybe beyond, for Ottawa. It was very obvious to me.

This is such a dumb take that you're obviously just trolling now.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Calling other opinions dumb. Awesome.

Let me go back and find all the times your opinion about Karlsson thus far has been wrong. And thats with me not being wrong yet about Karlsson. Awesome stuff.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:There's a 0.0000001% chance Karlsson is here to start the season, but I appreciate the wishful thinking.

Bump for future use of This is such a dumb take that you're obviously just trolling now because its allowed and encouraged on this site apparently.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not sure what to think at this point. I can see either scenario playing out. If the return isn't massive then might as well keep him. But if the return is good I'd rather trade him and get it over with.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:I'm not sure what to think at this point. I can see either scenario playing out. If the return isn't massive then might as well keep him. But if the return is good I'd rather trade him and get it over with.

I still think he plays this year with us for many reasons already stated, and yes, while hes playing its a chance to put fun back in the game for him in Ottawa. Hes a light-hearted player that just wants to do what he is elite at. Ottawa is lucky that hockey is that thing. Pay the man for his talents. It will be peanuts when the cap is 100 million and Melnyk is long gone.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Saying Karlsson is going to be here to start the season is a terrible take. As I said before, the chance of this happening if tiny.

If you willingly choose to ignore virtually every major NHL news outlet reporting that a deal is close/being worked on/etc, go ahead and do that, but you also have to expect people to call you out on that.

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
Call me out when it happens. Until then, who are you to call my opinion dumb? If Ive stated a fact and been wrong, have at me. Until that time, Id rather you just be a fan on a website that likes the Sens.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Saying Karlsson is going to be here to start the season is a terrible take. As I said before, the chance of this happening if tiny.

If you willingly choose to ignore virtually every major NHL news outlet reporting that a deal is close/being worked on/etc, go ahead and do that, but you also have to expect people to call you out on that.

I don't see why it's a terrible take. If you say the chance is tiny, then the chance still exists.

I would have agreed with your statement about sources saying it's close but now it's been weeks with no chatter. I don't know what to think right now.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
My guess (completely unsubstantiated) is Dorion has been asking for too much and teams are losing interest. He's also lost leverage on re-signing Karlsson, and has lost the support of the majority of the fan base. My guess is Karlsson is traded by the end of this weekend. It will come out of nowhere. Otherwise he will make it to camp but probably won't play in Ottawa next season.

I think whatever return we thought we'd be getting will be lower given how long this has drawn out.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I also think my comparison to athletes in the MLB is valid and appreciate the Donaldson point. Think of pitchers whose arms go; NBA players with lower-body injuries or take a lot of contact, ie: Derek Rose. Most NFL players do not remain elite past 30 years with the exception of QBs who have 5-6 players on each play dedicated to protecting them.

Karlsson plays 30 minutes a night. He takes contact on every shift. Blocks shots. And skates harder than most athletes run. He has had TWO significant lower body injuries. This may not impact him now but wait another 3-4 years. He's not immune to aging or injury. He will regress. And by the time Ottawa's prospects develop, Karlsson won't be as good. Why sign a guy when you're not going to compete during his prime years if it means you can trade him and get better assets?

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:Calling other opinions dumb. Awesome.

Let me go back and find all the times your opinion about Karlsson thus far has been wrong. And thats with me not being wrong yet about Karlsson. Awesome stuff.

Your "opinion" it's interpreting what other people are thinking (because I didn't see a groundswell of posts saying they think EK is staying).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I find it crazy that people would think, after all that has gone on, that Karlsson would still be here for the start of training camp.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I find it crazy that people would think, after all that has gone on, that Karlsson would still be here for the start of training camp.

I don't think a lot has gone on, I think the media has made a big deal about small things. The one thing that went on that was bad was the Hoffman stuff and they rectified it.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Any update on Randy Lee? Haven't heard anything over the last few weeks

Lagoon

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:I find it crazy that people would think, after all that has gone on, that Karlsson would still be here for the start of training camp.

I find it crazy when people eat up media driven stories and think they are any less than 85% fiction.

Well see whose opinion was crazy in roughly 8 weeks.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
It's a lot more than the Hoffman thing, though. Melnyk either not willing or not able to spend close to call ceiling. Melnyk threatening to move the team (hot air). Melnyk being Melnyk. Alfie leaving a second time (probably guess back to Melnyk). President being fired, replaced, then new guy leaving after a year. Randy Lee situation. Ottawa not on UFAs' radar.

Also, Hoffman situation was only dealt with after it became public news. Randy Lee only suspended after new president was hired.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum