GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:So most of the Sens are back on the ice by now? I see pics of pageau on a yaught in Greece. Is he still on vacation? I hope he’s getting his gym time. If he’s counted on to be our 2nd line C I’d expect him to be in the shape of his life.

I think Brown or Chlapik are expected to be 2C with the other playing in Belleville to start the year.

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Boedker-Brown/Chlapik-Stone
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt
Extra: McCormick, Gaborik (LTIR)

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So most of the Sens are back on the ice by now? I see pics of pageau on a yaught in Greece. Is he still on vacation? I hope he’s getting his gym time. If he’s counted on to be our 2nd line C I’d expect him to be in the shape of his life.

I think Brown or Chlapik are expected to be 2C with the other playing in Belleville to start the year.

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Well my point was that I’m sure he believes it’s his opportunity to grab and the Sens probably see him as a candidate for the job if the kids aren’t ready. Being on vacation right now while others are training... I dunno.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Pageau-Ryan
MPS-Smith-Pyatt

Well my point was that I’m sure he believes it’s his opportunity to grab and the Sens probably see him as a candidate for the job if the kids aren’t ready. Being on vacation right now while others are training... I dunno.

The biggest free agent from this off-season just got back from Italy and was there since August 8th. He didn’t train once when he was there and didn’t make one health conscious meal choice for the first week and wasn’t planning on doing it for the rest of his vacation.

Most hockey players do nothing up until a few weeks before camp begins. Prospects are different than vets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If he comes to camp unprepared it's his loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Guess Lagoon has never heard of Gary Roberts or the group of players (vets as well as prospects) who train with him all summer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
ESL1000

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Tkachuk will be fine. Boucher will hopefully ease him into the lineup and put him in favourable situations. This year is about development for a lot of these players. If he looks out of place they will send him to Belleville.

I think the Sens will push for a playoff spot this year. Likely finish in the 9-11 range in the conference. The organization from top to bottom have a lot to prove and the players should all be motivated to do better.

My only issue going into the season is the lack of promised change. Claesson and Burrows are the only two players not back from the end of last season. I suppose Gaborik will probably be LTIR but Karlsson is still without a partner which is a huge concern for this team

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Claesson and Burrows will have company before the season starts. I have a feeling this camp will be very tough. McCormick's one way contract and Pyatt's relationship with Boucher will not guarantee them roster spots.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Claesson and Burrows will have company before the season starts. I have a feeling this camp will be very tough. McCormick's one way contract and Pyatt's relationship with Boucher will not guarantee them roster spots.

how is more competition going to create a spot for someone to play on the top pairing? experience does that. we have no one that can play top pairing unless we get victor Mieted this year. but I don't see any rookies being able to secure that spot. Chabot hypothetically could but then its the Cecil pairing that is in trouble.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
First, it is still the most likely outcome that Karlsson is gone and we get a couple players back who can step in right away. Second, I think Ceci would be fine as long as he's not cast in a shutdown role. Third, I'm not convinced they won't look for help on the left side.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:First, it is still the most likely outcome that Karlsson is gone and we get a couple players back who can step in right away. Second, I think Ceci would be fine as long as he's not cast in a shutdown role. Third, I'm not convinced they won't look for help on the left side.
Have you talked to Guy about having Ceci play a more offensive role? Because I’ve heard no indication of that happening.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:First, it is still the most likely outcome that Karlsson is gone and we get a couple players back who can step in right away. Second, I think Ceci would be fine as long as he's not cast in a shutdown role. Third, I'm not convinced they won't look for help on the left side.
Have you talked to Guy about having Ceci play a more offensive role? Because I’ve heard no indication of that happening.

Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Tkachuk has been working out with Gary Roberts. Trying to get into beast mode.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Gaborik had surgery on April 5. Players can resume training after 8 weeks, which would have been start of June.

Alfredsson had almost the same problem (pressured nerve, hindering his skating). They didn't specifically call it a "bulging disc" in that case but it very well might have been.

Alfie went from considering retiring after a 31 point season to nearly doubling that the next year (59). Next year was the lockout and he scored at a 45 point pace. Year after that he led the Wings in scoring with 49 points.

Gaborik it's nearly 2 years younger than Alfie was.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
I get what you are saying but Gaborik has had an injury plagued career don't know if you could count on him staying healthy for even 75%of a season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I get what you are saying but Gaborik has had an injury plagued career don't know if you could count on him staying healthy for even 75%of a season

I also question Gaborik’s dedication to wanting to play past this current contract. He may want to collect his pay checks from injured reserve.

I’m not questioning his love of the game but I know personally what it feels to have back problems that limit your mobility. I’m not sure I would like to risk further mobility by putting myself out there with further risk of injury. Especially if I had already earned millions of dollars.

All this to say that he may never really be cleared for play again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I threw out my back the first time when I was in my kid 20s. I've gotten to a point where I can tell when it's coming and lay off enough to keep it from going out again. Whenever it flares up it's quite painful, I can't stand it walk for more than a few minutes before I have to sit down. But I haven't considered going under the knife.

All that to say the decision to have surgery was very likely cause by a desire to continue playing.

And don't forget that he's two years younger than Alfie was.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I love it when people relate their own back problems to others'. Back problems come in all different shapes and sizes...who knows what Gaborik is actually going through. It's tough to think that there's any upside to having him here though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum