You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Any update on Randy Lee? Haven't heard anything over the last few weeks

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:I find it crazy that people would think, after all that has gone on, that Karlsson would still be here for the start of training camp.

I find it ďcrazyĒ when people eat up media driven stories and think they are any less than 85% fiction.

Weíll see whose opinion was ďcrazyĒ in roughly 8 weeks.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
It's a lot more than the Hoffman thing, though. Melnyk either not willing or not able to spend close to call ceiling. Melnyk threatening to move the team (hot air). Melnyk being Melnyk. Alfie leaving a second time (probably guess back to Melnyk). President being fired, replaced, then new guy leaving after a year. Randy Lee situation. Ottawa not on UFAs' radar.

Also, Hoffman situation was only dealt with after it became public news. Randy Lee only suspended after new president was hired.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I find it crazy that people would think, after all that has gone on, that Karlsson would still be here for the start of training camp.

The Cussing Hoffman thing was so stupid and so avoidable if you're to believe management knew about it before the deadline.

Melnyk is the problem, but Alfie is here and most likely they chat about this scenario a lot. I bet Alfie knows a lot about the Cirque bid/interest in the franchise and I also think he's a guy that's left the franchise and probably regrets the way everything went down (again, screw you Melnyk).

I'm curious how this will all shake out. I think at this point we'll start the season with Karlsson and that's that, but we'll definitely be getting less back than we all thought - and I'm already scared about that being pennies on the dollar.

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:

The Cussing Hoffman thing was so stupid and so avoidable if you're to believe management knew about it before the deadline. †

Melnyk is the problem, but Alfie is here and most likely they chat about this scenario a lot. †I bet Alfie knows a lot about the Cirque bid/interest in the franchise and I also think he's a guy that's left the franchise and probably regrets the way everything went down (again, screw you Melnyk).

I'm curious how this will all shake out. †I think at this point we'll start the season with Karlsson and that's that, but we'll definitely be getting less back than we all thought - and I'm already scared about that being pennies on the dollar.

Absolutely management knew there were issues prior to the trade deadline...hell they knew back in Jan, but I don't know if they knew the extent of the issues. It may have been just that there were some issues between the spouses/players. Either way I'm told they chose to not address it regardless. The investigation is just about wrapped up, but I don't know if they details will become public.

On an aside my son was doing some summer development today and was at the arena when EK, Boro, Turris, Chabot..and some others came in...My god Turris is really really skilled.

He made the 6 players on the ice look like kids, including EK. I know we got Duchene out of it but my god...it might have been better to keep Turris...
Oh and EK...well he was moving better than well..looked like he did 2 years ago.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
22_4_ever wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

The Cussing Hoffman thing was so stupid and so avoidable if you're to believe management knew about it before the deadline. †

Melnyk is the problem, but Alfie is here and most likely they chat about this scenario a lot. †I bet Alfie knows a lot about the Cirque bid/interest in the franchise and I also think he's a guy that's left the franchise and probably regrets the way everything went down (again, screw you Melnyk).

I'm curious how this will all shake out. †I think at this point we'll start the season with Karlsson and that's that, but we'll definitely be getting less back than we all thought - and I'm already scared about that being pennies on the dollar.

Absolutely management knew there were issues prior to the trade deadline...hell they knew back in Jan, but I don't know if they knew the extent of the issues. †It may have been just that there were some issues between the spouses/players. †Either way I'm told they chose to not address it regardless. †The investigation is just about wrapped up, but I don't know if they details will become public. †

On an aside my son was doing some summer development today and was at the arena when EK, Boro, Turris, Chabot..and some others came in...My god Turris is really really skilled. †

He made the 6 players on the ice look like kids, including EK. †I know we got Duchene out of it but my god...it might have been better to keep Turris...
Oh and EK...well he was moving better than well..looked like he did 2 years ago.

Turris is still decent but Duchene is a clear upgrade talent-wise. Turris also hit a huge wall this year when it mattered for Nashville. I think we moved on at the right time. Turris lacks the dynamic skill and fitness level to play a whole season as a #1C.

As far as management knowing, they may or may not have, but either way they could not do anything. If you trade Hoffman before the stuff comes out, you're done trading with other teams forever. It would be a snake move.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
I still laugh at people when they try and say Karlsson canít be, wonít be, or isnít the same player he was prior to even his Achilles injury. His former biggest supporters on this site now saying heís terrible defensively and lost a step offensively. Funny stuff. I canít wait until he legitimately wins the Norris again and continually leads defencemen in scoring.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
22_4_ever wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Absolutely management knew there were issues prior to the trade deadline...hell they knew back in Jan, but I don't know if they knew the extent of the issues. †It may have been just that there were some issues between the spouses/players. †Either way I'm told they chose to not address it regardless. †The investigation is just about wrapped up, but I don't know if they details will become public. †

On an aside my son was doing some summer development today and was at the arena when EK, Boro, Turris, Chabot..and some others came in...My god Turris is really really skilled. †

He made the 6 players on the ice look like kids, including EK. †I know we got Duchene out of it but my god...it might have been better to keep Turris...

Turris lacks the dynamic skill and fitness level to play a whole season as a 1C.

Says the guy who since the day Turris was a Senator, couldnít stop comparing him to Bergeron.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I still laugh at people when they try and say Karlsson canít be, wonít be, or isnít the same player he was prior to even his Achilles injury. His former biggest supporters on this site now saying heís terrible defensively and lost a step offensively. Funny stuff. I canít wait until he legitimately wins the Norris again and continually leads defencemen in scoring.

He was terrible defensively last year and definitely wasn't the same player he was before. Whether or not it continues remains to be seen. For a guy who has always been average defensively (which was good enough for me) any injury is going to bring down his defensive game. I don't know why you think it's funny, it's a legitimate concern, a serious injury can derail the most gifted players for the rest of their career. Nobody hopes he doesn't return to his former self. This is a multi million dollar business, you have to analyze your asset from all angles and project to the future, especially when debating whether or not to eat up most of your budget on one guy. Like if he played the same way he did last season forever, and playing 25+ mins per night, your team will never have success.

I don't think he's lost a step offensively other than skating, but it's most likely just due to age and historical probabilities that he will never have a more productive season than he had in prior years. Of course I think he will lead defensemen in scoring (but I think he would get less points on other teams). If he never reverts to his former self in his own zone, he will never win another Norris trophy.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

or you can change your mind and still like the player (Turris) but see how obvious it is that the player we got back is better?

This is sports, it's a fun hobby. No sense in taking it so seriously.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
and I said that Karlsson stuff all throughout last season, not just when trade rumours popped up. His drop off from the prior year was staggering.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Itís not a drop-off, it is a one-time injury. This isnít a concussion injury and even if it was, look at Crosby now.

We can all stop pretending a Sens team without Karlsson is a better team now or Karlssonís next 12 years. Karlssonís game isnít one the falls off a cliff with age.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Itís not a drop-off, it is a one-time injury. This isnít a concussion injury and even if it was, look at Crosby now.

We can all stop pretending a Sens team without Karlsson is a better team now or Karlssonís next 12 years. Karlssonís game isnít one the falls off a cliff with age.

Not sure what youíre trying to say about concussions. Iíd much rather have a player who has a concussion that fully heals than an injury such as a foot and knee which could never return to normal. Guys like Crosby with concussions who I longer have issues have no negative impact on their game . Karlssons injury absolutely negatively impacted his game last year and it may very well impact it going forward.

The sens wouldnít be better now but they would be better long term if they traded karlsson for a big haul. I donít think you can win with one player eating that much money on a budget. if they were a cap team then they would be better with karlsson long term

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Itís not a drop-off, it is a one-time injury. This isnít a concussion injury and even if it was, look at Crosby now.

Not sure what youíre trying to say about concussions. Iíd much rather have a player who has a concussion that fully heals than an injury such as a foot and knee which could never return to normal. Guys like Crosby with concussions who I longer have issues have no negative impact on their game . Karlssons injury absolutely negatively impacted his game last year and it may very well impact it going forward.

Yeah, itís called an injury and rehab for a reason. They, and he said the injury, surgery and recovery would take almost a year. Itís healed now and heís back.

Also, Iím sure you know that there are side effects from a concussion that leave you more susceptible to repeat occurrence right? There is no such thing with Karlssonís latest injury. This fallacy about Karlsson not being the greatest defenceman in the NHL that people create to minimize how long they would cry for if he left, is very typical of Ottawa fans.

Iím glad heís staying for at least this season nearing the deadline.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

Thatís one of your biggest problems on here. You donít or canít objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a ďperfect partnerĒ for Karlsson, ďrole modelĒ for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like weíve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. Itís time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens canít do wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum