You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:I'm fine with it. They got two top prospects and current roster players. Time to move on. Just because people don't know the names doesn't make it a bad trade.

Lol, top prospects.

Yes...do the research

I did. And he’s not. He’s not a blue chip. This is Dung

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:I'm fine with it. They got two top prospects and current roster players. Time to move on. Just because people don't know the names doesn't make it a bad trade.

Lol, top prospects.

Yes...do the research

It would be like if we traded Batherson and White.

you know what was Dung? When Yashin was traded for a pick and an unknown prospect in Chara. Only time will tell if this ends up good or not since it's mostly futures based.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:The return is garbage, no two ways about it.  Having said that it shows how awful the other offers must have been.  SJ is no lock to make the playoffs, so we might have a 2019 lottery ticket after all.

Really? I don't see how they don't make it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Lol, top prospects.

Yes...do the research

It would be like if we traded Batherson and White.

you know what was Dung? When Yashin was traded for a pick and an unknown prospect in Chara. Only time will tell if this ends up good or not since it's mostly futures based.

Like I said, not blue chip. their prospect pool is so bare. Plus they’ll be good so even those first are very late 1st round. And if he doesn’t get resigned we get a late 2nd

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like the prospects, I'm not saying I don't, but the absolute shock of not seeing a roster player (impact!) D-man is just...too much right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:The return is garbage, no two ways about it.  Having said that it shows how awful the other offers must have been.  SJ is no lock to make the playoffs, so we might have a 2019 lottery ticket after all.

Really? I don't see how they don't make it.

Yeah I don’t know about not making it but that would be the karma we need.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
I trust Craig Button's opinion on prospects, even though he is sometimes off base, and he is saying Josh Norris is a 5-8 forward IF he reaches his potential. WooHoo!!! a tweener if his development goes well.

I have defended Dorion, but seriously this return is putrid. I understand EK wasn't going to sign an extension anywhere, but come on, 1 good player is not too much to ask.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
Pageau out 4-6 months

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
I guess Brown and Chlapik are both making the team now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I mean what do you want Dorion to do if that is the best offer they had? Clearly they didn't just reject other better offers, they've been at this for months.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I mean what do you want Dorion to do if that is the best offer they had? Clearly they didn't just reject other better offers, they've been at this for months.
You. Wait.

I mean c’mon. It’s not like we couldn’t have started the season with him. Fakk we just traded a top 5 player in the NHL for spare parts and a 1st round pick. He should be fired.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I mean what do you want Dorion to do if that is the best offer they had? Clearly they didn't just reject other better offers, they've been at this for months.
You. Wait.

I mean c’mon. It’s not like we couldn’t have started the season with him.  Fakk we just traded a top 5 player in the NHL for spare parts and a 1st round pick. He should be fired.

Wait for what? They weren't going to get anything else at the deadline, and he was walking on July 1, regardless of what they offered.

Both sides are lying in the media. Karlsson didn't want to be here past July 1, it's that simple.

Karlsson is also not a TOp 5 player if he plays like he did last season. Will he return to form? He's certainly gambling by not signing now.

Sens are far worse off right now. We will wait to see what we're like in a few years. I'm not happy that Karlsson is gone, but the alternative was to get nothing. I am happy that Hoffman is gone though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
You. Wait.

I mean c’mon. It’s not like we couldn’t have started the season with him.  Fakk we just traded a top 5 player in the NHL for spare parts and a 1st round pick. He should be fired.

Wait for what? They weren't going to get anything else at the deadline, and he was walking on July 1, regardless of what they offered.

Both sides are lying in the media. Karlsson didn't want to be here past July 1, it's that simple.

Karlsson is also not a TOp 5 player if he plays like he did last season. Will he return to form? He's certainly gambling by not signing now.

Sens are far worse off right now. We will wait to see what we're like in a few years. I'm not happy that Karlsson is gone, but the alternative was to get nothing. I am happy that Hoffman is gone though.

I would have played him. This return isn’t acceptable and I think some team would have ponied up more to get him. Or a better set of assets. This is literally a late 1st, a second and a couple of maybes. Plus we sent them Perron.
It’s a fireable offence.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
You. Wait.

I would have played him. This return isn’t acceptable and I think some team would have ponied up more to get him. Or a better set of assets. This is literally a late 1st, a second and a couple of maybes. Plus we sent them Perron.
It’s a fireable offence.

You're just guessing when we have zero knowledge of the offers out there.

Perron, who cares, clearly not a prospect right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
You. Wait.

It’s a fireable offence.

You're just guessing when we have zero knowledge of the offers out there.

Perron, who cares, clearly not a prospect right now.

That’s exactly it. You don’t know, but you do wait. There was at least a few months left to try and work out a deal. We basically got quantity instead of quality.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:I guess Brown and Chlapik are both making the team now.

I hope Chlapik gets chances to play above the third line. I really liked what I saw in his playmaking.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
hey according to Dorion we just traded for Tkachuk's best friend!
(when a GM doesn't know why or how to make a trade)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Even at Karlssons best it's a debate whether he's top 5.

MacDavid
Crosby
Doughty

Those three are all ahead of him and after that it's a debate. Agreed that we got hosed on that deal but waiting for the deadline would have only gotten the Sens a trade that would have seen Karlsson as a rental.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum