You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I agree with lagoon . The conditions on the pick aren't threatening at all . Dorion probably thought he was out Gaming Wilson while Wilson and his counterparts probably had the speaker phone on mute while laughing the entire time

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:We are in a  Position where next years pick could be Hugues. No way should we have drafted Tkachuk. Top 5 next year will all be better or equal to Tkachuk. Diddle Dorion. Diddle Melnyk and Diddle this half assed rebuild

Yeah and I could win the lottery tonight.

"Could be" is no guarantee. You take the guaranteed #4 any day of the week. People will be eating crow on Tkachuk in due time.

I agree that the right thing to do was to take the #4 pick this year. Too many unknowns next season. We likely won't finish dead last and then would also still need to do "well" in the lottery and there's no guarantees there either.

I have no idea what to expect from the Sens come October.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Expect them to be terrible. Ceci is our #1 dman. On. A good team he's bottom pairing. Not sure how anyone can be optimistic going into this season right now.

Hockeyhero22000

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
My biggest concern is our defensive core right now. Hopefully Chabot and Wolanin are able to step up with big minutes

Hockeyhero22000

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Even with karlsson I was concerned about the defense

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We got rid of two players who didn’t play wel in their own zone all that well, so I think we will be better defensively at least

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Who's playing defence on this team - serious question. This might be the worst defence on any team in years.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Depends how good you think Chabot will be . I think this d looks an awful lot like Phillys last year

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
When talking about D, I don't know what to expect from Wideman, Boro, and Wolanin. These guys all had flashes of being good at various points last year. Time will tell. I don't expect the D to be good.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Serious discussion and I'm not trying to Dung on a guy after he is traded or anything like that, but last year, did our team not look the best when Karlsson was out of the lineup to start the year? This will be the very first time in years that they won't be looking for ONE guy to do everything for the whole team. Often times they literally gave it to Karlsson and waited for him to do something. I think you'll see team play and compete level be at an all time high.

Hockeyhero22000

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I also think Phaneuf helped at the beginning of the year the defense seemed a lot worse once we traded him to L.A.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:Serious discussion and I'm not trying to Dung on a guy after he is traded or anything like that, but last year, did our team not look the best when Karlsson was out of the lineup to start the year? This will be the very first time in years that they won't be looking for ONE guy to do everything for the whole team. Often times they literally gave it to Karlsson and waited for him to do something. I think you'll see team play and compete level be at an all time high.

I'm not going to discount the fact that the team played better without Karlsson for some points, he's one of those guys that can help you win but isn't exactly a team guy from time to time, but he ate up 25 minutes of icetime - and someone has to make up that time - and the rest of our D is very young or very mediocre and everyone should be scared.

Ceci getting away from Phaenuf might be the best thing that ever happened to him though, so we'll see what happens.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer. Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all. How embarrassing. I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

they probably have discussed it

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

they probably have discussed it

Duchene came right out and said that a new contract had not been discussed.  This was a few days ago that he said that.

I'm not too concerned about Duchene...let the season play out a bit, let's see what kind of leader Duchene can be. If it ain't working, we can deal him too.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I still can't believe they didn't discuss an extension with Duchene all Cussing summer.  Dorion and Melnyk just sat there and jerked each other and did Diddle all.  How embarrassing.  I assume they don't want to re-sign Duchene, because why put yourself in that position?

they probably have discussed it

Duchene came right out and said that a new contract had not been discussed.  This was a few days ago that he said that.

I'm not too concerned about Duchene...let the season play out a bit, let's see what kind of leader Duchene can be.  If it ain't working, we can deal him too.

If you believe things said in the media I don’t know what to say

Duchene also said he talked to Dorion this summer about other stuff...you don’t think they talked contract or karlsson trade? 1000%

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
He said Dorion had bigger priorities to deal with ie: Randy Lee, Hoffman/Karlsson, and Karlsson trade. I expect Duchene to sign an extension before the start of the season .

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
He said they didn't begin *negotiations*. They certainly discussed.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum