Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

    You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

    There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:Itís not a drop-off, it is a one-time injury. This isnít a concussion injury and even if it was, look at Crosby now.

    We can all stop pretending a Sens team without Karlsson is a better team now or Karlssonís next 12 years. Karlssonís game isnít one the falls off a cliff with age.

    Not sure what youíre trying to say about concussions. Iíd much rather have a player who has a concussion that fully heals than an injury such as a foot and knee which could never return to normal. Guys like Crosby with concussions who I longer have issues have no negative impact on their game . Karlssons injury absolutely negatively impacted his game last year and it may very well impact it going forward.

    Yeah, itís called an injury and rehab for a reason. They, and he said the injury, surgery and recovery would take almost a year. Itís healed now and heís back.

    Also, Iím sure you know that there are side effects from a concussion that leave you more susceptible to repeat occurrence right? There is no such thing with Karlssonís latest injury. This fallacy about Karlsson not being the greatest defenceman in the NHL that people create to minimize how long they would cry for if he left, is very typical of Ottawa fans.

    Iím glad heís staying for at least this season nearing the deadline.

    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am

    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

    You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

    There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

    Thatís one of your biggest problems on here. You donít or canít objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a ďperfect partnerĒ for Karlsson, ďrole modelĒ for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like weíve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. Itís time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens canít do wrong.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:08 am

    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

    You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

    There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

    Thatís one of your biggest problems on here. You donít or canít objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a ďperfect partnerĒ for Karlsson, ďrole modelĒ for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like weíve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. Itís time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens canít do wrong.

    Or I can do whatever the heck I want because this is a hobby of mine and nothing that happens in hockey matters regarding my actual life? Stop telling people what they can and canít do or think. This is entertainment and I can choose to follow however I want. And itís funny that youíre calling me and other stuff out for knowing everything yet youíre doing the exact same telling people theyíre dumb if they donít think karlsson will be playing in Ottawa next year

    If you donít want to read our opinions then I suggest you leave. Itís a free country and we can post about the sens no matter how wrong we are at times
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 17080
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 am

    I don't even think it was Karlsson's injury that held him back last season as much as all the off-ice distractions (baby, Melnyk, Hoffman stuff). He played his best game of the season at the outdoor game when it looked like he was really motivated to win.

    There's no denying Duchene is a better player than Turris. I would agree with Ev that by the end of last season and in the playoffs, Turris looked run-down.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2621
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:53 am

    Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

    Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:58 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

    Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

    No offense but I think thatís a crock.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 am

    Ev wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Lagoon wrote:The flip flopping on Sens players when they leave or could leave is real on GMHockey.

    You better believe it. Itís unreal. Itís like people are preparing to lessen the hurt.

    There wonít be any hurt for me regardless of what happens. Itís a business and I support whoever is wearing the sens jersey

    Thatís one of your biggest problems on here. You donít or canít objectively look at players like Oduya, Burrows, Thompson, the list goes on and on. Whoever (and I mean whoever) signs here instantly becomes a ďperfect partnerĒ for Karlsson, ďrole modelĒ for the kids, or however you spin terrible signings and trades for obviously terrible players. Our pro scouting is a disaster time and time again, yet when they are Sens, you act like weíve just signed the last piece to the puzzle. Once they get traded or pack their bags running to the airport, their career is over in your opinion. Itís time for you to just be a fan and be honest without pretending like you 1) know everything, and 2) the Sens canít do wrong.

    Or I can do whatever the heck I want because this is a hobby of mine and nothing that happens in hockey matters regarding my actual life? Stop telling people what they can and canít do or think. This is entertainment and I can choose to follow however I want. And itís funny that youíre calling me and other stuff out for knowing everything yet youíre doing the exact same telling people theyíre dumb if they donít think karlsson will be playing in Ottawa next year

    If you donít want to read our opinions then I suggest you leave. Itís a free country and we can post about the sens no matter how wrong we are at times

    ...he says even though he canít find a post where Iíve called another opinion crazy. Do I call out wrong facts that get shoved down peopleís throats ad naeseum? Yup.

    Hang in there. Youíll be alright.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am

    Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

    Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

    No offense but I think thatís a crock.

    Facepalm Laughing3
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 17080
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:08 am

    Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

    Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

    No offense but I think thatís a crock.

    I'd be shocked if he were willing to take $5M, and I'm kinda getting tired of all these random rumours citing sources within the organization. We had a ton of these posted here and elsewhere about the team being sold and that was all crud (so far). Also, if the Sens had foreseen Turris having difficulty sustaining his play over the long term, then yeah, it was time to move on, and we ended up getting a better player in Duchene.

    At $5M as a second line centre, yeah, I think it'd be great having Turris in the lineup...unfortunately Turris was the key piece we had to give up for Duchene.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Man, would I like to see a team with Turris and Duchene. Maybe under a different owner this would have/could happen. I saw Turris last weekin Westboro. He looked really happy to be back. I imagine if it were possible he'd want to come back.

    Did I share what I had heard about the Turris negotiations? Essentially he was willing to take ~$5M to stay but they already made the decision to move him. I heard this from someone within the organization.

    No offense but I think thatís a crock.

    I'd be shocked if he were willing to take $5M, and I'm kinda getting tired of all these random rumours citing sources within the organization. †We had a ton of these posted here and elsewhere about the team being sold and that was all crud (so far). †Also, if the Sens had foreseen Turris having difficulty sustaining his play over the long term, then yeah, it was time to move on, and we ended up getting a better player in Duchene. †

    At $5M as a second line centre, yeah, I think it'd be great having Turris in the lineup...unfortunately Turris was the key piece we had to give up for Duchene.

    Agreed. And to clarify, I was saying I think his source's info is probably not correct at all. I wasn't saying DWC was wrong for posting.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2621
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 am

    I heard it from someone in player development. But I could very well be wrong
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I heard it from someone in player development. But I could very well be wrong

    well it wouldn't be you who is wrong, it would be that person Smile

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2621
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 am

    So assuming Karlsson does not get traded, Smith/Anderson don't get traded, and there are no more buyouts, what does our opening day roster look like?

    Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
    Boedker-Pageau-Ryan
    Smith-White-Gaborik
    McCormick-Carey-Pyatt
    Extra: Chlapik

    Chabot-Karlsson
    Boro-Ceci
    Harpur-Wideman
    Extra: Wolanin

    Anderson
    Condon
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 am

    Depends on what happens to Tkachuk IMO. If he signs then I see him in the lineup as well as Brown.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:29 am

    Ahhhh, so refreshing to see peopleís lineups with Karlsson.

    The left side defence can be so interchangeable itís not even funny. I see Wolanin with Wideman long-term and have since before Wolanin even signed with us last year.

    Iím not sure how Formenton plays himself off the opening night roster, but whatever, that looks decent enough for 2.5 months away. I think White will have more skilled linemates than Pageau will. I donít care for Carey.
    avatar
    Lagoon
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 794
    Age : 31
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2018-01-26

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 am

    I donít think Tkachuk is ready. I hope heís not either. But it wouldnít surprise me if the Sens force him to help the fanbase cheer for something as the Sens try and do everything to keep Colorado from Hughes range.


    Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21453
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 am

    Lagoon wrote:I donít think Tkachuk is ready. I hope heís not either.

    I agree to an extent, I think if he signs he should at least be given the tryout like Formenton and Brown had last year. If he shows he's ready then I have no issues keeping him in the lineup.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:14 pm