GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
I just think Chaplik looked much better than White did but i am happy lajoie and Jaros may get some shots

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I honestly see Boucher's reason for playing Smith with Tkachuk. And it's quite possible that he has onverted Dorion to the same idea. Smith does not deserve 2LC on his merit, but insulating a rookie from what's surely to come is important as well.

That said, either the coach and GM are not communicating or they are not on the same page (maybe not even the same book).

Smith not only played, he wore an 'A'. It's gotta be confusing.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The one-way contract has a lot to do with Harpur still being on the Sens roster. That said, I imagine he'll be spending most of his time sitting in the press box, and I'd rather he be doing that than anyone else.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Some observations from last night's game + insight from today's news:

- McCormick is a good 4th liner. Good energy guy, will score greasy goals.
- Chlapik is not mature enough defensively and doesn't fit well in a bottom-six role. He was undisciplined last night. He won't be in Belleville long and will be a big contributor down there.
- Lajoie is a quietly pretty good. Didn't make any mistakes last night. Same with De Melo. othing flashy about their games but they can move the puck out of the zone well.
- White played a good two-way game. Can see him as a third line winger. I don't expect a lot of scoring out of him, but he's getting a good chance or two every game.
- Bobby Ryan looked at home playing with Duchene. Maybe Duchene can Make Bobby Great Again?
- Wolanin will get prime PP time in Belleville. And don't for one second think Harpur is safe. The fact that Lajoie was not sent down means Harpur is in trouble. He will either be demoted (waivers) or traded
- The Sens did pretty well in their defensive zone coverages
- Condon looked very comfortable
- Smith will start as 2C but will eventually be moved down the lineup or traded. My guess is he ends up 3C at some point or back on the wing depending on the progress of Chlapik, White and Brown
- Still not sure what happens with Formenton but my guess is he's battling White for the last roster spot. I think he's best served dominating in junior for one more year.
- Tkachuk is fun to watch but he needs to balance the line between discipline/undisciplined
- Tierney has been disappointing. He may find his own with some consistent linemates going forward

Opening night lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-White
Paajarvi-McCormick-Pyatt

Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Lajoie-De Melo
Extra: Harpur

I also like the look in Belleville with Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Batherson, and Wolanin down there. Should be exciting to watch the scoresheet down there

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SensHulk wrote:Melnyk indicated this would happen last December (that parliament hill rant is the gift that keeps on giving) where if the crowds don't improve, player salaries would be cut. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy

Behold!  Hoff-Machine is now SensHulk.

And if we shorten his name it’s just Sulk. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Some observations from last night's game + insight from today's news:

- McCormick is a good 4th liner. Good energy guy, will score greasy goals.
- Chlapik is not mature enough defensively and doesn't fit well in a bottom-six role. He was undisciplined last night. He won't be in Belleville long and will be a big contributor down there.
- Lajoie is a quietly pretty good. Didn't make any mistakes last night. Same with De Melo. othing flashy about their games but they can move the puck out of the zone well.
- White played a good two-way game. Can see him as a third line winger. I don't expect a lot of scoring out of him, but he's getting a good chance or two every game.
- Bobby Ryan looked at home playing with Duchene. Maybe Duchene can Make Bobby Great Again?
- Wolanin will get prime PP time in Belleville. And don't for one second think Harpur is safe. The fact that Lajoie was not sent down means Harpur is in trouble. He will either be demoted (waivers) or traded
- The Sens did pretty well in their defensive zone coverages
- Condon looked very comfortable
- Smith will start as 2C but will eventually be moved down the lineup or traded. My guess is he ends up 3C at some point or back on the wing depending on the progress of Chlapik, White and Brown
- Still not sure what happens with Formenton but my guess is he's battling White for the last roster spot. I think he's best served dominating in junior for one more year.
- Tkachuk is fun to watch but he needs to balance the line between discipline/undisciplined
- Tierney has been disappointing. He may find his own with some consistent linemates going forward

Opening night lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Boedker-Tierney-White
Paajarvi-McCormick-Pyatt

Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Lajoie-De Melo
Extra: Harpur

I also like the look in Belleville with Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Batherson, and Wolanin down there. Should be exciting to watch the scoresheet down there

In all reality there no harm in leaving Formenton in the minors one more year but no way has Brown won that spot over him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I don't think I said anything about Brown > Formenton but if I did it was certainly by error. I just don't see the value of having Formenton as a healthy scratch and I don't know who else in the bottom six Boucher would scratch aside from McCormick. Not sure I'd want Formenton out there killing penalties and it's quite apparent that White has a very high hockey IQ and McCormick will unquestionably block shots.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don’t see a scenario where Formenton isn’t on the opening night roster

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Formenton can kill penalties with his elite skating. With Pageau done for the year (and with Tkachuk taking penalties) I think both will get icetime.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
He made it last year, improved his game and there was pretty much no way he was ever going to be cut this season. As fruitless as preojecting lineups were in June, he was in all mine on this site back then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Got breakfast at McD's this morning. Inside the bag they had a small flyer saying to go to ottawsenators.com/fanzone for a chance to win tickets. Got there and it says the form has been disabled and no more submissions will be taken.

I rarely go to McD's so I don't know if this promo had been around for a while. Just very strange seeing it for the first time and immediately being told it was over.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think I said anything about Brown > Formenton but if I did it was certainly by error. I just don't see the value of having Formenton as a healthy scratch and I don't know who else in the bottom six Boucher would scratch aside from McCormick. Not sure I'd want Formenton out there killing penalties and it's quite apparent that White has a very high hockey IQ and McCormick will unquestionably block shots.

Sorry I mean white. Not Brown. Colours. Maybe I’m colour blind Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Really not impressed watching Delmeo. And Harpur has looked relatively poor as well. Hopefully one of these guys picks it up and grabs a spot.

Formenton has been great, same with Tkatchuk, Duchene, Stone. Exciting to see some of the young players

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve never cared for DeMelo’s game. Seeing him more often now probably won’t change my opinion.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never cared for DeMelo’s game. Seeing him more often now probably won’t change my opinion.

Yeah, not a fan. Under pressure he coughs it up like crazy. Not going to be a great tenure for him here unless that was just a blip in pre-season.

Harpur has been poor too. A lot of poor decisions with the puck in high danger areas. He was so good at first, hopefully he can put it all together.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Give the guy a break. It was his shot from the point that led to the winning goal.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never cared for DeMelo’s game. Seeing him more often now probably won’t change my opinion.

Yeah, not a fan.  Under pressure he coughs it up like crazy.  Not going to be a great tenure for him here unless that was just a blip in pre-season.

Harpur has been poor too.  A lot of poor decisions with the puck in high danger areas.  He was so good at first, hopefully he can put it all together.

That’s not a blip in DeMelo’s game. That’s him. Very low IQ, and needs time to be effective. The only thing he’s semi decent at is getting his shot and getting it through.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Apparently Boucher has said his forwards are set only let to make decisions on the D for opening night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum