You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Give the guy a break. It was his shot from the point that led to the winning goal.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Iíve never cared for DeMeloís game. Seeing him more often now probably wonít change my opinion.

Yeah, not a fan. †Under pressure he coughs it up like crazy. †Not going to be a great tenure for him here unless that was just a blip in pre-season.

Harpur has been poor too. †A lot of poor decisions with the puck in high danger areas. †He was so good at first, hopefully he can put it all together.

Thatís not a blip in DeMeloís game. Thatís him. Very low IQ, and needs time to be effective. The only thing heís semi decent at is getting his shot and getting it through.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Apparently Boucher has said his forwards are set only let to make decisions on the D for opening night

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I'm assuming, then, that we'll see the opening night's forward lineup tonight?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I'm assuming, then, that we'll see the opening night's forward lineup tonight?

No because I think white will play game 1 and heís not in the lineup tonight

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I know we wonít be amazing ourselves but I have no idea how Montreal would finish ahead of us. They have nothing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Harpur is toast. Can't see him being a part of this team one-way contract or not

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I haven't heard gallagher or JK's name all night. They have a few guys not in their lineup tonight

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Harpur is toast. Can't see him being a part of this team one-way contract or not

Heíll be the 7th d in the press box

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Both 67 and 2 were not very good. But Harpur looked afraid.

Amazing we got a shutout.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I agree that both Harpur and delmeo look poor. I'd send 67 back to the AHL and see if he can get back to basics. With 2, I think we're screwed.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh man, demelo only makes 900k, I thought he made 3 million for some reason. I'd have him as my 7th d man without hesitation. Maybe a 6, but that's stretching it imo

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I know we wonít be amazing ourselves but I have no idea how Montreal would finish ahead of us. They have nothing.

They're a wasteland. Just stunning right now

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:I'm assuming, then, that we'll see the opening night's forward lineup tonight?

I thought they confirmed they have the forwards they want for the regular season and are only making decisions on D now?

Does that make White one of the extra forwards?

- Unknown Author

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I still don't really understand why a team in a re-build has Pyatt under contract and waives Zack Smith.

No. Don't try to answer me. I wasn't being entirely truthful when I said I don't understand.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:Oh man, demelo only makes 900k, I thought he made 3 million for some reason. †I'd have him as my 7th d man without hesitation. †Maybe a 6, but that's stretching it imo

Like Iíve said before, that trade was simply about getting the cheapest rostered forward and defenceman combined with longest contract control. Those were the two players on San Jose and it had nothing to do with skills or lack thereof.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
One of the reasons Gaborik was not bought out is that his salary helps them get to the floor and will be covered by insurance (or 80% of it will be). MacArthur's situation is the same. Wonder if they plug that hole in the next CBA. †If a player's salary can, effectively, not count toward the cap ceiling (when on LTIR), why would it count toward the floor? At the very least, remove the portion covered by insurance.

Otherwise you'll always have teams with money burying bad contracts in Arizona. Or, now, Ottawa.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Oh man, demelo only makes 900k, I thought he made 3 million for some reason. †I'd have him as my 7th d man without hesitation. †Maybe a 6, but that's stretching it imo

Like Iíve said before, that trade was simply about getting the cheapest rostered forward and defenceman combined with longest contract control. Those were the two players on San Jose and it had nothing to do with skills or lack thereof.

Well, let's hope the prospects work out because they got two nothing roster players it appears

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum