You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Chabot paired with Wideman at practice today
Boro with Ceci and Lajoie with De Melo
Harpur Jaros the 7/8 pair

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
I like those d pairs

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I like those d pairs

You do? I personally donít think having a bottom 6 forward on every pairing a good solution.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
I think Wideman is better than people give him credit and lajoie will keep his pairing with demelo simple but effective. Yea the Boro and ceci pairing is awful but they both bring down any line mate they play with so it doesn't matter who you put either with . He other 2 pairings look to be well balanced

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like the speed of the young players - particularly the obvious guys like Formenton. But I really like Chabot's ability to read the play and react - and this will be only his 2nd season - and the first wasn't even a full season.

I wouldn't have waived Smith because if I was a GM, I would have known what the temperature of the room was, but I have to say...that dude could be replaced by a LOT of cheaper players. Max McCormick was struck me as a guy who has excelled this pre-season in showing what he could do with limited icetime - not just in points, but in creating havoc on the forecheck.

Also a slight positive. Boucher said he was going to have his team forecheck a lot harder than they have before - and we've seen that in the two pre-season victories, so here's to hoping it continues.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think the best case with Zack Smith is he plays well to start the season and this makes him tradeable.

I am looking forward to seeing how the young guys play to start the season...particularly Formenton, Tkachuk, and Lajoie. I just have to accept the fact that Ws and Ls don't matter...I still am having trouble coming to grips with this.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I think the best case with Zack Smith is he plays well to start the season and this makes him tradeable.

I am looking forward to seeing how the young guys play to start the season...particularly Formenton, Tkachuk, and Lajoie. †I just have to accept the fact that Ws and Ls don't matter...I still am having trouble coming to grips with this.

I laughed when Dreger said 'they look like they'll be better than we thought!' after the 2nd pre-season win against a horrendous Montreal franchise, but there are certainly some pieces that might help us compete and even win our fair share of games. Tkachuk and Formenton spring to mind right away, but damn...Duchene and Stone look on another level.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
As of right now Tkachuk has a nagging small injury and they aren't sure he will play opening night

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think the Sens will be a lot better this year than last year. The players look more engaged and they may even get a 20 goal season from Ryan if he remains healthy.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wouldn't say they'll be "a lot better" this year, but they should be more energetic, and...dare I say...pesky.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
No I am going out on a limb and saying they will be a lot better. Ie: pushing for that 8th playoff spot (and missing).

I think you'll see a balanced offense from the top two lines, a shutdown 4th line, and a 3rd line that can also play at both ends of the ice.

I think both goalies have a rebound year and the team plays a hard-nosed, hard forecheck game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
This is strictly my opinion but I am predicting that the Sens will be better than NYR, NYI, Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina in the East and at a minimum Vancouver, Arizona, Anaheim in the West.

Then there are a few teams that will fall off such as Chicago, LA, Minnesota, and NJ which would put the Sens around the 18-20 range this year.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Jaros gets sent Down to Belleville today

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Jaros gets sent Down to Belleville today

Good move, he has some work to do.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
I like what Jaros brings more than Harper but I rather Jaros playing in Belleville than sitting with Harper in the pressbox

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:This is strictly my opinion but I am predicting that the Sens will be better than NYR, NYI, Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina in the East and at a minimum Vancouver, Arizona, Anaheim in the West.

Then there are a few teams that will fall off such as Chicago, LA, Minnesota, and NJ which would put the Sens around the 18-20 range this year.

Care to place a bet?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I like what Jaros brings more than Harper but I rather Jaros playing in Belleville than sitting with Harper in the pressbox

Yeah, that's why I want him playing big minutes with Wolanin etc. He's got some more developing to do

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:This is strictly my opinion but I am predicting that the Sens will be better than NYR, NYI, Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina in the East and at a minimum Vancouver, Arizona, Anaheim in the West.

Care to place a bet?

Haha not a chance!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum