You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:Is it? He just got a suspension last week. I mean what kind of message does that send across the league if you give a guy less than that. You can question intent or not but at one point you have to have an escalation when it happens on a frequency that close.

It's hurting the game. Boro came across and tucked his shoulder, led through the nerd's chest and his head got some of it because he was doing the 'Austin Mathews' - as in, he was looking down at the ice hunched over. I watched it in real time and I watched it in super slo-mo, it wasn't a penalty and it wasn't a suspension, but I mean...if you're gonna call that, what about the fool who hit Chabot head first into the boards? Is that not a 'head-shot' by definition?

This league is a mess when it comes to this.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I wouldn't be terribly upset if Gallagher and Carrier also got a game or two. The list of players not getting a suspension for bad hits on Ottawa players is long.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Quick had knee surgery. That leaves them Budaj and Campbell.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow, Quick is made of glass these days.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Nick Paul will finally get his last, best chance Smile

Haven't heard, yet, that Condon has been sent down to Belleville but I think Boucher had already said he'll be the backup tonight.

At least he didn't give him the 'A'.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
LA Kings fire head coach John Stevens and assistant Don Nachbaur.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Always nice witnessing the first coach of the season getting fired. But man, willie would have not been my first choice.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Desjardins is interim. It's an audition.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Always nice witnessing the first coach of the season getting fired. But man, willie would have not been my first choice.

Weird...they are naming him the "interim" head coach. Not sure if there's a worse GM right now than Rob Blake though.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Another one bites the dust -- Hawks fire Coach Q.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Another one bites the dust -- Hawks fire Coach Q.

Wow, crazy. Quenville will be highly sought after...could wind up in LA for next season or somewhere else even sooner if someone else gets canned.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Another one bites the dust -- Hawks fire Coach Q.

Wow, crazy.  Quenville will be highly sought after...could wind up in LA for next season or somewhere else even sooner if someone else gets canned.

I bet someone cans their coach and quenville is magically hired the very same day.
he's sought after for sure. 3 Stanley cups is a hell of a resume.

although I've always wondered just how good he were. those cups winning team were stacked crazy right left and centre. how will he do in a different market? who knows...

I bet you Washington would have liked him to have been available this summer.

maybe Columbus or even Winnipeg show some interest if their teams don't pick up more steam.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Plekanec waived and then retires. How does that work? Why would he retire when there's still salary to be collected? Must have been a settlement of some kind.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Francis perron already with 6 goals on the year.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Plekanec waived and then retires. How does that work? Why would he retire when there's still salary to be collected? Must have been a settlement of some kind.

He wants to go play in the Czech Republic or somewhere.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:Francis perron already with 6 goals on the year.

In the AHL though. It's Hoffman that's killing it unfortunately.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Hoffman was invisible and got two assists. That's pretty much his MO.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Cassie Campbell named to the HHoF Selection Committee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum