You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:The cap ceiling is going up to $83M, $3.5M up from this year. Figuring the floor goes up by a similar amount, so around $62M.

Sens have roughly $43M with notable RFA/UFA Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Ceci and White.

Expect Formenton and Wolanin to graduate next year, adding under $2M.

That's roughly $17-18M to reach the floor with 6D and 8F under contract.

Thoughts?

Does the Gaborik and MacArthur injuries count towards the cap? †If so, they're at 75 if Duchene and Stone sign for 8 each and Dzingel gets 5 (which he won't be getting here), White 2 etc.

If those two don't count against the cap, that's 64 million, so right at the cap floor with a full roster.

Yes, the only reason Gabo and CMac are still here is that 100% of their salary goes to the cap and only 20 out of Eugene's pocket.

Stone and Duchene for $16M together? I like your optimism.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:So is that the Seattle New Jersey that kid was wearing.

No.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:The cap ceiling is going up to $83M, $3.5M up from this year. Figuring the floor goes up by a similar amount, so around $62M.

Sens have roughly $43M with notable RFA/UFA Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Ceci and White.

Expect Formenton and Wolanin to graduate next year, adding under $2M.

That's roughly $17-18M to reach the floor with 6D and 8F under contract.

Thoughts?

Does the Gaborik and MacArthur injuries count towards the cap? †If so, they're at 75 if Duchene and Stone sign for 8 each and Dzingel gets 5 (which he won't be getting here), White 2 etc.

If those two don't count against the cap, that's 64 million, so right at the cap floor with a full roster.

Yes, the only reason Gabo and CMac are still here is that 100% of their salary goes to the cap and only 20 out of Eugene's pocket.

Stone and Duchene for $16M together? †I like your optimism. †

8-8.5? I dunno, let's not get carried away here, but I want those two signed at anything under 10 personally

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
What did you think of Reeves' blind side hit on Wilson? To m e the interference call makes sense as it was late and avoidable. And before you say the ejection was too much (my initial thought), there was an injury to a player as a direct result of a foul. The way they have been calling it for years, if the player gets up it's 2 or less. Wilson needed help to get it off the ice.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You're not allowed to throw blindside hits anymore. Given the fact that he was tossed from the game, I think that's enough punishment in this case. It was shoulder on shoulder.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Anyone wondering why Karlsson isn't bouncing back from last season? He's on pace for 7 goals and 55 points in a season filled with offense and currently sits at minus 11.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone wondering why Karlsson isn't bouncing back from last season? He's on pace for 7 goals and 55 points in a season filled with offense and currently sits at minus 11.

Honestly, I think he's not fully emotionally invested in hockey anymore. I don't know if he'll ever get that back.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That team sucks too though. San Jose bought Karlsson at a decent price, but they didn't need him. He's reserved for a real contender - and even then, I hate to say it, but he's starting to get old and the mileage is accumulating.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
He needs to cut his hair.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:That team sucks too though. †San Jose bought Karlsson at a decent price, but they didn't need him. †He's reserved for a real contender - and even then, I hate to say it, but he's starting to get old and the mileage is accumulating.

I don't believe that his age is a problem at all. I could buy the argument that his foot/ankle isn't as good as before, but I think the real problem lies between his ears.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone wondering why Karlsson isn't bouncing back from last season? He's on pace for 7 goals and 55 points in a season filled with offense and currently sits at minus 11.

Kind of easy. He went from play8ng in a system where he was the centre piece and play was based around him to a system where heís a complimentary piece to their system. Itís not surprising he canít duplicate the same pace.

I think he could do better than heís doin but there an adaptation to him and any team bu I donít think San Jose is that spot for him. Vegas would have been a much better landing spot for him where heíd have been the guy on the blueline.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You'd think with him facing lesser forwards he'd have a field day.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Another nice surprise is Chabot. He never would have gotten that opportunity with Karlsson here.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:That team sucks too though. †San Jose bought Karlsson at a decent price, but they didn't need him. †He's reserved for a real contender - and even then, I hate to say it, but he's starting to get old and the mileage is accumulating.

I don't believe that his age is a problem at all. †I could buy the argument that his foot/ankle isn't as good as before, but I think the real problem lies between his ears.

Perhaps, but he's not getting g younger. He was in his absolutely prime here.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
First, it's "complementary", not "complimentary".

Second, when he first got there they put him with Vlasic and gave him first pairing minutes - he was leaving the Sharks in ice time early on. But he and Vlasic just didn't mesh at all and he was soon leading the Sharks in -.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's capable of such a huge run though. What a weapon he'll be in the 2nd half I think

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
At this rate he's going to be a weapon for another team. With Hitch in Edmonton that team is bound to continue improving. And Vegas is still a team that went to the Finals last year. Sharks are in a playoff position now but could easily slip down. And even if they are in the playoffs they may still want to get a bunch of picks at the deadline. They are old and a beat up Karlsson is not making them play any younger.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Remember Chiasson? Dude has 12 goals in 22 games already.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum