You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 53]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's capable of such a huge run though. What a weapon he'll be in the 2nd half I think

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
At this rate he's going to be a weapon for another team. With Hitch in Edmonton that team is bound to continue improving. And Vegas is still a team that went to the Finals last year. Sharks are in a playoff position now but could easily slip down. And even if they are in the playoffs they may still want to get a bunch of picks at the deadline. They are old and a beat up Karlsson is not making them play any younger.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Remember Chiasson? Dude has 12 goals in 22 games already.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
https://ottawasun.com/opinion/columnists/gibbons-with-tech-booming-again-melnyk-may-be-better-off-keeping-sens-in-kanata/amp

Suffice to say Silicon Valley North is back, in many ways stronger and more diverse than ever

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't buy the idea that high tech is not advertising or buying suites because Melnyk is not around to talk them up. Back when I first got to Ottawa high tech was spending a lot to attract talent, including tickets and stock options. There are no more stick options except above director level. That's just one of many changes. They just don't spend like they used to.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well there's not actually much incentive for tech companies in Kanata to spend any money on the Sens. It's not a hot ticket like it used to be. I did find it interesting reading that article that not a single Kanata high-tech firm advertises with the Sens. That could be a sign that they all don't like Melnyk.

Not sure I understand why the author stuck the last paragraph in: "Yes, downtown would satisfy many fans in the city’s core and in places such as Orleans or Gatineau. But attendance really isn’t — or, at least, hasn’t — been a major problem for the franchise during its life in Kanata."

I think attendance IS currently a significant problem...and a big part of that isn't due to the location of the team, but how the fans feel about Melynyk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The point he made was that, until very recently, attendance was not a problem. The drop off started about the same time as the news about LeBreton came out (the "good" news).

Some people are in a holding pattern, waiting to buy until the team is downtown.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Remember Chiasson? Dude has 12 goals in 22 games already.

I don't know how that's possible. He had no hockey IQ at all. I'm really surprised.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The point he made was that, until very recently, attendance was not a problem. The drop off started about the same time as the news about LeBreton came out (the "good" news).

Some people are in a holding pattern, waiting to buy until the team is downtown.

Here’s hoping no one is holding their breaths for that to happen.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
PTFlea wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Remember Chiasson? Dude has 12 goals in 22 games already.

I don't know how that's possible.  He had no hockey IQ at all.  I'm really surprised.

I'm just as surprised.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Jeremy Rutherford

@jprutherford
Replying to @CompleteHkyNews
Said: “A COUPLE of general managers around the league have said that they’re HEARING the big names are on the block, everything is open, even Vladimir Tarasenko. A GM said, ‘I HEARD Vladi is available.’”

Not said: “The Blues have informed teams that all players are available.”

It's probably time for the Blues to burn it to the ground.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'll say it again, ROR to Ottawa please.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If you feel bad about the Sens, have a read on Blues Twitter. It's hilarious.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:If you feel bad about the Sens, have a read on Blues Twitter.  It's hilarious.

What a disaster lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Patrik Berglund suspended indefinitely for...not showing up?

https://www.tsn.ca/sabres-suspended-f-berglund-indefinitely-1.1226807

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
And we b1tch about Pyatt. This guy is making close to $4M!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
What the hell gets into a guy that he doesn't show up? What is wrong with you??

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How about Halak shutting out the Habs?! Right?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 53]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 53  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum