You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 62]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
2 games for EK. Seems about right. That was a violent one.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/johan-franzen-my-world-can-fall-apart/

Yeah, I saw that this morning. Terrible.

If I had a kid that wanted to participate in a contact sport, I would have a hard time signing them up.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Actually surprised the DoPS got it right. But he's an ex Sen, so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Price is inured, will not travel with team to Florida.

The stars are aligning.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man, James Neal has a BAD contract with the Flames. 31 years old, 8 pts in 42 games, and $5.75M until 22/23. Yikes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Man, James Neal has a BAD contract with the Flames.  31 years old, 8 pts in 42 games, and $5.75M until 22/23.  Yikes.

In his defence he seems to need tolime to adjust when he gets moved but yes, he’d been better off staying in Vegas

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Nash has officially retired, citing concussion issues.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Looks like Kings are trying to catch the Hawks in the race to the bottom. Losing 7-0 to the Avs. Yeah, the team the Sensors just beat 5-2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Looking at the league standings and seeing the Hawks and Kings at the bottom is a little surreal.

Flyers are also in the hunt for Hughes. Wonder what they had in mind with the Ottawa scouts at both the Flyers and Phantoms games, recently. Ryan to Philly would make little sense given their position. Surely neither team expects to get better short term, so what's going on? Ryan's been playing well, could Fletcher/Hextall be thinking he's back on his way to being a 30 goal scorer?

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Rantanen ended up doing the Russian splits scoring his second goal, and had to leave the game. Don't think it was serious but you never know.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Looking at the league standings and seeing the Hawks and Kings at the bottom is a little surreal.

Flyers are also in the hunt for Hughes. Wonder what they had in mind with the Ottawa scouts at both the Flyers and Phantoms games, recently. Ryan to Philly would make little sense given their position. Surely neither team expects to get better short term, so what's going on? Ryan's been playing well, could Fletcher/Hextall be thinking he's back on his way to being a 30 goal scorer?

Apparently the Flyers are open to making crazy moves to try to get competitive again in a hurry.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They are closer to Hughes than the post season. Their best move would be to dump salary and try to keep up with Chicago/LA, but the Senators are not looking to take on salary.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Looking at the league standings and seeing the Hawks and Kings at the bottom is a little surreal.

Apparently the Flyers are open to making crazy moves to try to get competitive again in a hurry.

They've been rumored to want Stone and Anderson. But they'd probably be open to just Anderson. I think Ryan is a stretch but is still a possibility if Ottawa is willing to retain salary or take salary back.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Edmonton put ty Rattle and Spooner on waivers today. Sens put Falk on waivers as well

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Edmonton put ty Rattle and Spooner on waivers today. Sens put Falk on waivers as well

Weird that they waived them both. They must be trying to clear cap space for a bigger move?

Surprised they didn't approach Ottawa for Smith. 1 for 1 for Spooner. Would have probably been a good move for both sides.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I would take Spooner if we shipped out salary the other way. Like Smith.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Edmonton put ty Rattle and Spooner on waivers today. Sens put Falk on waivers as well

Weird that they waived them both. They must be trying to clear cap space for a bigger move?  

Surprised they didn't approach Ottawa for Smith. 1 for 1 for Spooner. Would have probably been a good move for both sides.

sorry I didn't see you already mentioned Smith. They likely are seeing if anyone will take the salary away for nothing. Then if he isn't claimed, they would have to take salary back in a trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
For sure. Smith makes more and seems to be well-liked by both Duchene and Stone so maybe this is off the table. But this would be a good trade for both teams.

Not sure what the Edmonton BoD is doing but they continue to allow Chiarelli to make bad decisions. $4.5M to a goalie who has only appeared in 31 games? Yikes. He's going to trade their 1st rounder and miss the playoffs too. Disaster looming in Edmonton.

Boedker could make sense for Spooner as well. Bit more of a cap hit for Edmonton however.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 62]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum