You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 22]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
WTF is Harpur - Karlsson? No thanks. Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:WTF is Harpur - Karlsson? †No thanks. †Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

You hope he figures out how to use his size. I am not saying it's a good combination. I am saying it's what is likely to happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:WTF is Harpur - Karlsson? †No thanks. †Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

You hope he figures out how to use his size. I am not saying it's a good combination. I am saying it's what is likely to happen.

And I agree with you 100%. He isn't very good. Another misjudged Dorion signing. At least it is a low-risk contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't think there's any way that Harpur - Karlsson is "likely to happen". Unless Harpur has somehow totally changed how he plays over the summer.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Well maybe they start Ceci on his off-wing but that cripples the bottom four even more.. The Chabot-Karlsson pairing limits both of their offensive ceilings. There needs to be some sort of balance. They need someone who can clear the front of the net and play positional D with Karlsson. It's Harpur or the oft-injured Boro.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:WTF is Harpur - Karlsson? †No thanks. †Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

You hope he figures out how to use his size. I am not saying it's a good combination. I am saying it's what is likely to happen.

I do not want either Boro or harpur to play with Karlsson. you need someone with mobility and a good defensive game to play with Karlsson. no someone that will miss their hits and/or cough up the puck leading to breakaways.

who we need playing with Karlsson isn't on the team as it stands today.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
who we need playing with Karlsson isn't on the team as it stands today.

This is the correct answer. To suggest Harpur will or should be playing with Karlsson seems crazy to me because from what I saw last year, Harpur doesn't even belong in the NHL, let alone on a top pairing.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Maybe it's wolanin or he plays his off wing and has Jaros as a partner ? They must have some sort of plan, right ? Right?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The plan is likely to hope that someone steps the F up and seizes that spot alongside Karlsson. Whether Harpur performs a miracle and turns his play around, whether it's Wolanin, Boro, Chabot.... It's not like we're Cup contenders anymore, so if it just ends up being LD by committee with Karlsson, that could happen too. And all of this is assuming Karlsson is still here.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
We're not cup contenders but I think we can push for a playoff spot.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Stone, Duchene, and Karlsson (assuming he is still here) will be super motivated.

Chabot is coming in more experienced, Wideman is healthy, Wolanin should help clear the defensive zone better than Oduya and provide some offensive support, and Ceci is playing for a contract.

Anderson/Condon have something to prove and really can't get any worse. And then we have White, Brown, Chlapik, Tkachuk, Batherson all trying to show they belong.

Plus, the Karlsson/Hoffman spat should in theory be over. Randy Lee issue no longer a distraction. Things are progressing on LeBreton. And without a 1st rd pick there is no reason to think tanking is an option.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe it's wolanin or he plays his off wing and has Jaros as a partner ? They must have some sort of plan, right ? Right?

Adding to this, Wolanin is only 15 months younger than Ceci. Ceci does have 25 pounds on him. Didn't realize Ceci was 210lbs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:The plan is likely to hope that someone steps the F up and seizes that spot alongside Karlsson. †Whether Harpur performs a miracle and turns his play around, whether it's Wolanin, Boro, Chabot.... †It's not like we're Cup contenders anymore, so if it just ends up being LD by committee with Karlsson, that could happen too. †And all of this is assuming Karlsson is still here.

And thatís a big if. I have a feeling that Dorion is still busy trying to make a trade happen. Just judging by Ducheneís recent comments that heís busy with more pressing matter than getting him a new contract.... I mean, what could be more pressing? To me the duchene contract is the second more pressing issue. Itís a massive failure again that the Sens havenít addressed that. No reason that it shouldnít be done unless the Sens donít want to sign him or that duchene is giving the press lip service and doesnít want to resign.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The latest comments from Duchene sure sounded like there's a bit of an issue with Karlsson in the room. Skill to burn but not they most popular guy in the room.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The latest comments from Duchene sure sounded like there's a bit of an issue with Karlsson in the room. Skill to burn but not they most popular guy in the room.

I'm not sure I got that from Duchene's comments, but I didn't like the fact that a new contract hasn't even been discussed with him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
This is the direct quote I was talking about:

"Erik, that's a little bit different situation, but with [Mark], that's a guy I'd love to move forward with as a teammate. "

I know I'm reading between the lines but he's basically saying Stone is a teammate he'd love to play with but Karlsson is a different situation. Just a very strange way to put it.

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?

https://www.tsn.ca/duchene-you-have-to-do-what-s-best-for-you-1.1169174

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ah, ok. That's a bit of rephrasing by Seravalli. Read another article with the exact quote from Duchene stating that they haven't begun negotiations, yet. That's not the same as saying they haven't discussed an extension.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum