You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 22]

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:NHL draft lottery is on April 9th this year. Much earlier than previous years. Thatís the day I have my vasectomy and I learn Colorado will draft Hughes. Basically getting my balls mutilated twice in vastly different ways.

Jesus lol. Good luck.

Iíd rather Colorado win 1st tbh. Even though I think Hughes is on Hischier level as a 1st overall

Thank you.

I know we have Tkachuk and heís been much better than I thought, but I still canít get over the decision to use 2018ís pick if what we are seeing now with every decision theyíve made being part of their ďplanĒ

It just makes no sense. Even if we use only one sole factor of Cís in 2019 versus Wís (Tkachuk) in 2018.

I'll hold steady in my opinion that I'd take Tkachuk over everyone else after #2 this year. He's going to be a Benn style beast.

Thereís no denying what Tkachuk is right now not to mention what he might be. He might be better than his brother.
And at this crossroads I think heís our future captain by the end of next season(see other thread)

Itís impossible to know last year where this year would fall but only due to the lottery. For sure at the time of the draft last year I would have waived the pick to Colorado. I think the optics to not waive that pick was just trying to send a message to fans about selling tickets. Total disconnect from management.

That said, Tkachuk is an excellent pick and yes, if we wind up out of the top two it is a fine pick.
Especially after the season weíve had, the Uber ďincidentĒ and the reaction from players involved to the loss of stone we need a player like Tkachuk to take this team and lead it.

The culture of this team is wide open. This will be the difference between become the oilers of the past 10years or building a strong core that bonds as a team.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
And who knows really how good Hughes is going to be. There is a risk that he becomes RNH or Hischier type first. In that case youíd want Tkachuk to head this team.

We may not have a clear legit top 15 number 1C in our prospect pool the way that a Glass might have been but we may draft one anyhoot this year or next. We do have enough Future Cís To develop into a solid team though.

Lagoon

Sophomore
Sophomore
Evander Kane lost his 26 week old baby. No words.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That is absolutely horrible. Man...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Thatís terrible. My heart goes out to him and his family.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Turris apparently a healthy scratch

Nope, dont think he's healthy. Crack reporting by team 1200

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Turris apparently a healthy scratch

Nope, dont think he's healthy. †Crack reporting by team 1200