You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 30]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:Yzerman to be named GM of the wings. The prodigal son comes home.

Thatís probably a good move for the wings. Get him to polish off a rebuild for a couple more years and reload.

Iím not sure if the wings can become as successful as Tampa but itís a good start. Wonder who and if he brings other people on board.

Not sure I agree.

Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi all good players to build around. Zadina will be an impact forward, plus a top ten pick and three 2nd rounders this year. They need a goalie and a younger defence (oldest defence in the league?), but think they can be competitive again in the same timeframe as the Sens (2-3 years).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Can you really say that Tampa is successful? This was their peak. They are not getting 62 wins again with this roster. Yet they went out in 4 when it really counted.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That Turris contract starting to look really bad for the Preds. Simmonds and Boyle were non-existent as playoff rentals. Not sure how the Preds rebound after such a big upset.

I agree, that's bad news. At least Toronto and Vegas lost to equals, I dunno how you rebound from that. At least they have that d core I guess, but it's getting old.

And yeah, wow turris.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:That Turris contract starting to look really bad for the Preds. Simmonds and Boyle were non-existent as playoff rentals. Not sure how the Preds rebound after such a big upset.

I agree, that's bad news. †At least Toronto and Vegas lost to equals, I dunno how you rebound from that. †At least they have that d core I guess, but it's getting old.

And yeah, wow turris.
looking at that entire trade and what we got back for Duchene... you have to ask the question: are the Preds the biggest losers of that 3 way?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I agree, that's bad news. †At least Toronto and Vegas lost to equals, I dunno how you rebound from that. †At least they have that d core I guess, but it's getting old.

And yeah, wow turris.
looking at that entire trade and what we got back for Duchene... you have to ask the question: are the Preds the biggest losers of that 3 way?

Ha, that's a good question now. Depends on what happens with that pick

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

And yeah, wow turris.

Ha, that's a good question now. †Depends on what happens with that pick

I donít know if it has been talking about on here yet, but there are huge ramifications with our Columbus 1st depending on the outcome of the BOS/CLB series. If Boston wins, the pick is either 17th, 18th or 19th overall. If Columbus wins, the pick is either 28, 29, 30 or 31st. Needless to say, go Bruins. It is absolutely vital with the way the talent is tiered in this years draft class.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

And yeah, wow turris.

I donít know if it has been talking about on here yet, but there are huge ramifications with our Columbus 1st depending on the outcome of the BOS/CLB series. If Boston wins, the pick is either 17th, 18th or 19th overall. If Columbus wins, the pick is either 28, 29, 30 or 31st. Needless to say, go Bruins. It is absolutely vital with the way the talent is tiered in this years draft class.

Yikes! I'll keep the avatar for now then.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

And yeah, wow turris.

Yikes! †I'll keep the avatar for now then.

I think that is a great idea.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I love the bruins now to go to the final, but who knows what happens in these whacky playoffs

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Well...I want the best pick, so go Bruins

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Emotionally Iím more attached to Columbus winning. I like seeing players I cheered for win the cup(sorry Chara but that time has passed and I cheered), but I understand this harms our chance to pick a better player. Hard dilemma to be in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Duchene with the 2OT winner. A couple more moments like that and they'll have to pull out all the stops to re-sign him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Duchene with the 2OT winner. †A couple more moments like that and they'll have to pull out all the stops to re-sign him.

I think they will anyways itís wether he actually wants to stay in Columbus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Speaking of players coming back...

I just got back from Beechwood. Don't know how I missed it last time (maybe the snow) but the Garden of Angels has a new resident (Axel). No, it doesn't mean he's coming back, but I doubt he'll be staying out West.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Speaking of players coming back...

I just got back from Beechwood. Don't know how I missed it last time (maybe the snow) but the Garden of Angels has a new resident (Axel). No, it doesn't mean he's coming back, but I doubt he'll be staying out West.

What?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didnít know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didnít know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Will they? Probably keep a home here but I have doubt theyíll spend tons of times here once the start their new lives wherever that may be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum