You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 30]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didnít know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didnít know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Will they? Probably keep a home here but I have doubt theyíll spend tons of times here once the start their new lives wherever that may be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone thatís been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), itís an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

But still, we still donít have a coach.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Iíd be surprised if itís not Martin or Bowness now, but you never know.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone thatís been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), itís an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May. There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine. Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone thatís been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), itís an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May. †There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine. †Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

Those are still pretty big restriction.

Thatís also why I wonder if we could pry the best candidate out. Would Jacque Martin really leave Pitts for under a million a year?
I donít know how much he makes there but I imagine weíd still have to make it worth his while. Heís had his time as a head coach, Iím not sure what his main motivator his.

Bowness on the other hand probably wants a crack at another head coaching job. Heís been an assistant for ages.
Shaw would definitely take the job.
I guess those are options... Shrug

Like Iíve stated before, as much as this hire is important, Iíve put less restrictions on who I feel this has to be. A good teacher that can develop these guys for a few years is all I care about. I doubt whoever they hire is here in 3 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May. †There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine. †Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

Thatís also why I wonder if we could pry the best candidate out. Would Jacque Martin really leave Pitts for under a million a year?
I donít know how much he makes there but I imagine weíd still have to make it worth his while. Heís had his time as a head coach, Iím not sure what his main motivator his.

Bowness on the other hand probably wants a crack at another head coaching job. Heís been an assistant for ages.

Like Iíve stated before, as much as this hire is important, Iíve put less restrictions on who I feel this has to be. A good teacher that can develop these guys for a few years is all I care about. I doubt whoever they hire is here in 3 years.

I believe I heard or read that Martin won't be back in Pittsburgh, so he would be a free agent. He would probably get something like 1-2 million here, and then once he's done as a coach perhaps he could step into management.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I believe I heard or read that Martin won't be back in Pittsburgh, so he would be a free agent. He would probably get something like 1-2 million here, and then once he's done as a coach perhaps he could step into management.

Ish.... Iím not sure Iíd want him in the management team. His time spent as the GM in Florida was terrible. Iím not looking it up but I think it was peppered by terrible decisions.
Some guys donít translate well past certain positions.

As for $.... is Melnyk really going to fork over a million for anyone? I think not...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Ish.... Iím not sure Iíd want him in the management team. His time spent as the GM in Florida was terrible. Iím not looking it up but I think it was peppered by terrible decisions.

As for $.... is Melnyk really going to fork over a million for anyone? I think not...

I mean advisor not really GM or anything

As for the salary itís not known but Boucher would have been making something similar

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

As for the salary itís not known but Boucher would have been making something similar

Didnít it come out that Boucher was one of not the lowest paid coach in the league? Like, way under a mill?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Didnít it come out that Boucher was one of not the lowest paid coach in the league? Like, way under a mill?

Of course he would have been one of the lowest paid coaches but that would still be close to a million or 800k if I had to guess. We donít know what his salary was though so itís a complete guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Found this for coach salaries:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

Lots of holes on that list obviously. Bottom line is we know the Sens had among the cheapest coaching staffs to match their bare bones front office.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Found this for coach salaries:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

Lots of holes on that list obviously. †Bottom line is we know the Sens had among the cheapest coaching staffs to match their bare bones front office.

I look at what Detroit is paying as a close comparison. even then, might be lower.

no surprise to see the big numbers up there, you don't usually brag about paying your coach close to the league minimum for players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum