You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 53  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 53]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didn’t know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:The Garden of Angels is a small section of Beechwood set aside for infants and babies. I was there today and saw Karlsson's plaque. I looked for it last Easter but did not see it back then.

Oh didn’t know that. They will be living in Ottawa every offseason for sure .

Will they? Probably keep a home here but I have doubt they’ll spend tons of times here once the start their new lives wherever that may be.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone that’s been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), it’s an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

But still, we still don’t have a coach.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I’d be surprised if it’s not Martin or Bowness now, but you never know.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone that’s been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), it’s an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May. There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine. Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Krueger is to be the sabres new coach. Interesting, i thought he was open more to front office work now. For someone that’s been more or less away from coaching for 5 years(apart from the worlds team), it’s an odd choice amongst all available coaches.

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May.  There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine.  Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

Those are still pretty big restriction.

That’s also why I wonder if we could pry the best candidate out. Would Jacque Martin really leave Pitts for under a million a year?
I don’t know how much he makes there but I imagine we’d still have to make it worth his while. He’s had his time as a head coach, I’m not sure what his main motivator his.

Bowness on the other hand probably wants a crack at another head coaching job. He’s been an assistant for ages.
Shaw would definitely take the job.
I guess those are options... Shrug

Like I’ve stated before, as much as this hire is important, I’ve put less restrictions on who I feel this has to be. A good teacher that can develop these guys for a few years is all I care about. I doubt whoever they hire is here in 3 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I forget who reported it, but apparently we're supposed to hire a coach by the end of May.  There really is no rush, and if taking extra time means a more exhaustive search/interview process, that's fine.  Ultimately we're still hamstrung by our limited ability to shell out dough, and also limited by the ability of the people doing the hiring.

That’s also why I wonder if we could pry the best candidate out. Would Jacque Martin really leave Pitts for under a million a year?
I don’t know how much he makes there but I imagine we’d still have to make it worth his while. He’s had his time as a head coach, I’m not sure what his main motivator his.

Bowness on the other hand probably wants a crack at another head coaching job. He’s been an assistant for ages.

Like I’ve stated before, as much as this hire is important, I’ve put less restrictions on who I feel this has to be. A good teacher that can develop these guys for a few years is all I care about. I doubt whoever they hire is here in 3 years.

I believe I heard or read that Martin won't be back in Pittsburgh, so he would be a free agent. He would probably get something like 1-2 million here, and then once he's done as a coach perhaps he could step into management.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I believe I heard or read that Martin won't be back in Pittsburgh, so he would be a free agent. He would probably get something like 1-2 million here, and then once he's done as a coach perhaps he could step into management.

Ish.... I’m not sure I’d want him in the management team. His time spent as the GM in Florida was terrible. I’m not looking it up but I think it was peppered by terrible decisions.
Some guys don’t translate well past certain positions.

As for $.... is Melnyk really going to fork over a million for anyone? I think not...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Ish.... I’m not sure I’d want him in the management team. His time spent as the GM in Florida was terrible. I’m not looking it up but I think it was peppered by terrible decisions.

As for $.... is Melnyk really going to fork over a million for anyone? I think not...

I mean advisor not really GM or anything

As for the salary it’s not known but Boucher would have been making something similar

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

As for the salary it’s not known but Boucher would have been making something similar

Didn’t it come out that Boucher was one of not the lowest paid coach in the league? Like, way under a mill?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Didn’t it come out that Boucher was one of not the lowest paid coach in the league? Like, way under a mill?

Of course he would have been one of the lowest paid coaches but that would still be close to a million or 800k if I had to guess. We don’t know what his salary was though so it’s a complete guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Found this for coach salaries:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

Lots of holes on that list obviously. Bottom line is we know the Sens had among the cheapest coaching staffs to match their bare bones front office.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Found this for coach salaries:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

Lots of holes on that list obviously.  Bottom line is we know the Sens had among the cheapest coaching staffs to match their bare bones front office.

I look at what Detroit is paying as a close comparison. even then, might be lower.

no surprise to see the big numbers up there, you don't usually brag about paying your coach close to the league minimum for players.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
im gonna call it now, the sabres are gonna live to regret that Skinner contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
But it likely won't be Botterill buying him out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:But it likely won't be Botterill buying him out.

You think botteril is operating on a short leash? I. Dan, Timmy Murray didn’t last that long. (He didn’t have enough patience if you ask me. But management is under orders to win now I believe)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They wouldn't be buying him out for at least 4 years, so not likely they'd be still be run by Botterill.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 53]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 53  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum