You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
This is the direct quote I was talking about:

"Erik, that's a little bit different situation, but with [Mark], that's a guy I'd love to move forward with as a teammate. "

I know I'm reading between the lines but he's basically saying Stone is a teammate he'd love to play with but Karlsson is a different situation. Just a very strange way to put it.

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?

https://www.tsn.ca/duchene-you-have-to-do-what-s-best-for-you-1.1169174

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Ah, ok. That's a bit of rephrasing by Seravalli. Read another article with the exact quote from Duchene stating that they haven't begun negotiations, yet. That's not the same as saying they haven't discussed an extension.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:This is the direct quote I was talking about:

"Erik, that's a little bit different situation, but with [Mark], that's a guy I'd love to move forward with as a teammate. "

I know I'm reading between the lines but he's basically saying Stone is a teammate he'd love to play with but Karlsson is a different situation. Just a very strange way to put it.

Where did he say anything about extension not having been discussed?

Whoa, that's very interesting.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So the Habs finally dealt Pacioretty. He goes to Vegas for Tatar, Nick Suzuki, and a 2nd. Not a terrible return for Montreal, but not great either. Time will tell with Suzuki.

Probably a good add for Vegas, but Pacioretty is 30 years old and only has this season left on his contract, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of new deal he signs.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:So the Habs finally dealt Pacioretty. †He goes to Vegas for Tatar, Nick Suzuki, and a 2nd. †Not a terrible return for Montreal, but not great either. †Time will tell with Suzuki. †

Probably a good add for Vegas, but Pacioretty is 30 years old and only has this season left on his contract, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of new deal he signs.

Suzuki is a highly touted prospect. It sure boards well as to what should be the return for karlsson

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
They got a 30 goal scorer for $4.5M, I think. Suzuki won't be anywhere near that for a while. Tatar was a big disappointment for Vegas.

For Montreal the two glaring needs are centers and PMD. Suzuki played best as a winger. Same as Drouin. Kotkaniemi is at least 2 years away. How is Bergevin still allowed to wheel and deal?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:They got a 30 goal scorer for $4.5M, I think. †Suzuki won't be anywhere near that for a while. Tatar was a big disappointment for Vegas.

For Montreal the two glaring needs are centers and PMD. Suzuki played best as a winger. Same as Drouin. Kotkaniemi is at least 2 years away. How is Bergevin still allowed to wheel and deal?
The projections I see have Suzuki being a C.
Iím not a fan of Bergevin but he is trying to get younger and accumulate draft picks. Tatar is a stop gap. He scored 20 in the past 4 seasons and theyíll flip him when they get a decent offer for him.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

To me thatís pretty big. There must be a split in direction the team should be taking. Is there difference of opinions on whether they should trade for karlsson? I mean because it would involve so many other players.
Could be, could be not. I tell you one thing, maybe kalrsson has to think again wether Tampa would offer him a contract next summer.

Still. why would, what is perceived as one of the best GM, step down a year before the end of his contract? Makes no sense. Itís defin due to something going on internally.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

To me thatís pretty big. There must be a split in direction the team should be taking. Is there difference of opinions on whether they should trade for karlsson? I mean because it would involve so many other players.
Could be, could be not. I tell you one thing, maybe kalrsson has to think again wether Tampa would offer him a contract next summer.

Still. why would, what is perceived as one of the best GM, step down a year before the end of his contract? Makes no sense. Itís defin due to something going on internally.

I would assume it's some sort of internal differences. Apparently Yzerman told the TB players he was going home to Detroit.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stevie Y stepping down as the Bolts GM with one more year on his contract. He'll become a senior advisor. No word yet as to why.

To me thatís pretty big. There must be a split in direction the team should be taking. Is there difference of opinions on whether they should trade for karlsson? I mean because it would involve so many other players.
Could be, could be not. I tell you one thing, maybe kalrsson has to think again wether Tampa would offer him a contract next summer.

Still. why would, what is perceived as one of the best GM, step down a year before the end of his contract? Makes no sense. Itís defin due to something going on internally.

I would assume it's some sort of internal differences. †Apparently Yzerman told the TB players he was going home to Detroit.
Heís staying as consultant and going back to Detroit? Thereís more to the story that will come out.

Had they not re-upped Ken Holland it would make a lot of sense for Yzerman to guide the wings rebuild. Personally I think Yzerman gets way more props than he should but he (and his team)is still a good and above average GM

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Maybe he has health issues?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Steve Yzerman got lucky on a few deals and picks but, frankly, they have not done as well in the post season as they should have.

He kept his family back in Michigan and was commuting to Florida. That's not good for family.



Last edited by wprager on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
https://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/mark-herrmann/robin-lehner-isles-new-goalie-battled-addiction-bipolar-disorder-1.20988127

Well Iíll be damned. That explains a hell of a lot. Good for him. Being Bi-polar is a hard condition to live with and for anyone having to live with you as well. But itís a condition that can be treated with meds.
This could be really good for his career now that itís diagnosed and treated. Good on him to share his story and to get treatment. It helps take away some of the stigma that gets put on people.
I really hope he can bounce back now.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I didn't read it because the original article was at The Athletic. But is he saying that his bipolar disorder was not diagnosed until recently?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Is it just me or is anyone curious about whatís going on with Rick Nash?

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nash had some sort of injury problem the last I heard so he wasn't in a position to sign a contract....

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum