You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 55  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 55]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Trouba to the Rangers! that's a bit soon in the rebuild.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
What were the Jets thinking? Terrible trade for them. Watch them retain Myers now when he is exponentially worse than Trouba.

The Rangers get top marks from me in their rebuild. It is crazy to think about how quickly they have the ability to turn things around. I’m impressed. I’m a big fan. The players, prospects and picks they’ve gathered in the last 18 months is like no rebuild I’ve seen. Impressive. They have about 7 new players ready to make an impact this season.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:What were the Jets thinking? Terrible trade for them. Watch them retain Myers now when he is exponentially worse than Trouba.

The Rangers get top marks from me in their rebuild. It is crazy to think about how quickly they have the ability to turn things around. I’m impressed. I’m a big fan. The players, prospects and picks they’ve gathered in the last 18 months is like no rebuild I’ve seen. Impressive. They have about 7 new players ready to make an impact this season.

I agree that the rangers have made great steps in their rebuild by cutting bait with players and acquiring picks and prospects but this Trouba move is too soon. Tell me they wouldn’t have been front runners for him a year from now. He’s the type of player that will want to try the market unless it’s with a big American club.

It’s not the best return, maybe a good prospect short of a good deal but they are getting two solid pieces back.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I think if Trouba made it to UFA next year the Rangers would have had a great shot at signing him especially because him and Skjei are best friends. But there were many teams that wanted Trouba now. We’ve all seen what can happen when a player goes to a new team “just” for one year and then this summer shows us the powerful allure that playing in a new city, new teammates and in front of new fans can do. Skinner re-signed in Buffalo, Karlsson in SJ and O’Reilly seems to be doing ok in St. Louis. The Rangers got their #1 Dman for all situations and I assume a long-term deal will follow that sees Trouba with the Rangers through their very short rebuild and success shortly after.

It’s asset management as a whole for them. They basically traded Hayes and Pionk for Trouba and Lemieux. You do realize how bad of a Dman Pionk is right?

They will have basically added Kakko, Fox, Trouba, Andersson, Chytil, Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, Reunanen, Rykov and all are ready to go next season when called upon. They’ve also got about 12 million is space left after Trouba signs.

I’m envious. They’ve made all the right moves and they aren’t even done yet I’d imagine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Again though...we've been in this position before. Trouba likely made it known through his agent that he was not signing any extension and that he'd test free agency unless it was the following (insert speculation here, probably 3 or 4 teams) and I bet the Rangers were on that list. So suddenly, he's a rental that WILL NOT sign in Winnipeg and the other teams around the league will give you pennies on the dollar. So instead of losing him for nothing - Winnipeg takes the best offer of the 3 or 4 teams that he'll extend with. It's a pure rental, nothing more.

The mistake was Chevy didn't let teams negotiate. Pretty silly. And then, if you're not sold on the 20th OV, why not just keep him and see if you can go for a run this year, maybe add pieces, trade Myers and go for it. The 20th OV is a light price to pay, especially if they're gonna re-sign him, so the Jets would have been just as well to hang onto him IMO.

But then...a rental is a rental and they just might not have wanted the distraction around anymore.

For sure, there's more than this than meets the eye - and it's quite refreshing that it's not us this time with Karlsson, Stone or whatever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The contracts so far have been poor in my opinion.

Nelson - 6 million X 6.  Thumbs up
Eberle - 5.5 X 5  Thumbs down.  
Skinner - 9 X 8  Thumbs way down.  Madness
Karlsson 11.5 X 8.  Jury is out.  VERY risky contract
Hagelin 2.75 X 4   Thumbs up
Lindell 5.8 X 6 Juries out.  Might be great, might be meh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
...and here's the first tweet from Trouba...

"I can see myself being in New York for a long time."

So...yeah, there's almost no question this is what HE wanted.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:...and here's the first tweet from Trouba...

There is no question he was gone from Canada as his fiancé can only be a doctor in the States.

Gorton is an incredible GM to date. He took advantage of the situation and didn’t look back. Being advantageous is a very good trait. This isn’t the first time he has done this. In his short time as GM with Boston and now Rangers, he has made no mistakes.

The Sens are in the same position when it comes to taking on bad contracts for extra parts and we will see if they indeed use their space to help the team improve in every way possible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:

There is no question he was gone from Canada as his fiancé can only be a doctor in the States.

Gorton is an incredible GM to date. He took advantage of the situation and didn’t look back. Being advantageous is a very good trait. This isn’t the first time he has done this. In his short time as GM with Boston and now Rangers, he has made no mistakes.

The Sens are in the same position when it comes to taking on bad contracts for extra parts and we will see if they indeed use their space to help the team improve in every way possible.

I agree, he hasn't made a poor move yet, but it really helps when you're flush with cash and a destination team for players.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I agree, he hasn't made a poor move yet, but it really helps when you're flush with cash and a destination team for players.

It goes beyond his time with the Rangers though. He was interim GM in Boston for about 3 months and in that time he drafted Marchand, Kessel and Lucic. He also signed Chara from us and traded the reigning Calder trophy winner Andrew Raycroft for a goalie named Tuukka Rask. I’d say he’s ok.

He just stole a #1 Dman for a garbage defenceman.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I can’t get over how many good moves he’s made with the Rangers already. I’m completely envious. If it wasn’t the Rangers, I’d be switching teams FTW. He’s who I want in charge of my team.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Also, I can’t wait to see the chaos for some teams if the projected cap ceiling of 83 million is actually 82 like the rumour is. We should have an definitive cap ceiling very soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Also, I can’t wait to see the chaos for some teams if the projected cap ceiling of 83 million is actually 82 like the rumour is. We should have an definitive cap ceiling very soon.

1 million dollars? I think teams can navigate around that.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Most can for sure. Vegas, Toronto and Tampa will feel a tighter squeeze. 1 million is a big deal for them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Most can for sure. Vegas, Toronto and Tampa will feel a tighter squeeze. 1 million is a big deal for them.

Ahahah, Toronto. What a clusterf_uck that is over there.

Tampa makes me sad to even think of their team.

Vegas can piss up a rope.

Walrus

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Most can for sure. Vegas, Toronto and Tampa will feel a tighter squeeze. 1 million is a big deal for them.

Ahahah, Toronto.  What a clusterf_uck that is over there.

Tampa makes me sad to even think of their team.

Vegas can piss up a rope.

Walrus

Not much to argue with there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Justin Braun to the Flyers for a 2nd and a 3rd. I really don't understand how Wilson can get teams to overpay like that time and time again. Wake up!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Having a savvy trading GM would be nice wouldn’t it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 55]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 44 ... 55  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum