You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45 ... 55  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 55]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Now now... every team needs to find their own way to screw up their salary structure. The flyers picked their way how they thought they should. I mean, if it was too much to lose that 5th rounder to see Hayes walk away, so be it.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Does anyone else find it very amateurish and NHL-like that owners don’t even know the salary cap limits for next season, yet prime signing period is on now? I’d be furious if I was an owner.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Corey Perry bought-out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Does anyone else find it very amateurish and NHL-like that owners don’t even know the salary cap limits for next season, yet prime signing period is on now? I’d be furious if I was an owner.
i feel some teams will be forced into making some bad decisions to the benefit of low salary teams. Diddle it. it's the great equalizer.

seems like the number is 82 Mill

Last edited by Flo The Action on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Corey Perry bought-out.

that's an interesting name out there. i could see him getting up to a 4-year contract but the price will be what's interesting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:

that's an interesting name out there. i could see him getting up to a 4-year contract but the price will be what's interesting.

Boy oh boy, he's so old and used up. Be careful*

*unless you're the Flyers, then 8 years, 10 mil a year sounds about right.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Boy oh boy, he's so old and used up.  Be careful*

yeah but at 3-4 mill, some team might offer term just to have a shot at him. he is banged up but he could be a 20-25 goal scorer still.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Boy oh boy, he's so old and used up.  Be careful*

probably more of a 2-year candidate than 4 but i still think someone will give him 3-4 mill

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:Does anyone else find it very amateurish and NHL-like that owners don’t even know the salary cap limits for next season, yet prime signing period is on now? I’d be furious if I was an owner.

2 minutes ago, Dreger just Tweeted that a lot of GM’s are pissed at this, so yeah.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
i feel some teams will be forced into making some bad decisions to the benefit of low salary teams. Diddle it. it's the great equalizer.

seems like the number is 82 Mill

I meant to quote this post in my post above, not my original one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sounds like gms are crapping themselves over this. What better than to run out and sign Hayes to a stupid contract?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’d be pissed. That’s why I brought it up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:I’d be pissed. That’s why I brought it up.

Yeah, you were right.

Hilarious league where a million dollars sends gm soiling themselves, then one Cussing moron signs Kevin hayes for 7 plus and another moron signs skinner for 9 mil.

Morons everywhere in this league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Not to mention the brock Nelson and eberle signings. Morons everywhere

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Stock up on Netflix. We're well on the way to another lockout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Stock up on Netflix.  We're well on the way to another lockout.

Yep, I think we are. And some of the blame go to the 2 Cussing morons in Philly and Long Island.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Man...I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the Haynes negotiations. First Hayes would have spit out his beer laughing and said ask him for 7 million, you never know. And his agent probably smoked a cannon and said, yeah, let's try, you never know lol.

And then it happens.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Stock up on Netflix.  We're well on the way to another lockout.

I think you’re right. And we can bet that we aren’t seeing an increase in salary cap until then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 55]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45 ... 55  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum