You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 64]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Anyone but Toronto and Colorado is fine by me.  And I don't really want to see Montreal do well, just because I can be an bunghole.  I also don't like the Rangers, Buffalo, Philly, Las Vegas, San Jose (suck 7 cocks Wilson), Boston, Tampa Bay (7 cocks for all of you!), Washington, Pittsburgh should be shot to the moon.

I'm ok with Florida, Columbus, Arizona and Carolina - because no one cares about them and I feel bad.

Yeah I do have a slight penchant for the underdog cities. Maybe not Florida though.

I’m gonna stay a Sens fan probably my whole life but it is getting hard getting excited about prospects long term as Lagoon stated. It feels like we might become a launching platform. The Chabot deal will be very telling I imagine.

Let’s just hope that Melnyk sells.

It wont last forever, but it sucks right now yes.  He promised he'd spend money by 2021, so we'll see if he stands by it.

I'm VERY curious about chabot's next deal.  It will be telling.  8 x 8 means perhaps he is serious, anything else leads to disaster.

Even if they do spend to the cap on a few years there’s no guarantee Chabot would want 8 years. Matthews started the 5 year trend.

I hope not.  That seems to be for superstars or idiot gms that are used like a cheap whore like bergevin.  There's no way Ottawa should let chabot dictate that and have him land in free agency, unless they absolutely have to.
I never understood the Matthews deal. He pretty much put him under contract until his first year of FA. With a superstar, where’s the benefit? Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion but maybe there’s a plan I don’t see/understand

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Anyone but Toronto and Colorado is fine by me.  And I don't really want to see Montreal do well, just because I can be an bunghole.  I also don't like the Rangers, Buffalo, Philly, Las Vegas, San Jose (suck 7 cocks Wilson), Boston, Tampa Bay (7 cocks for all of you!), Washington, Pittsburgh should be shot to the moon.

I'm ok with Florida, Columbus, Arizona and Carolina - because no one cares about them and I feel bad.

Yeah I do have a slight penchant for the underdog cities. Maybe not Florida though.

I’m gonna stay a Sens fan probably my whole life but it is getting hard getting excited about prospects long term as Lagoon stated. It feels like we might become a launching platform. The Chabot deal will be very telling I imagine.

It wont last forever, but it sucks right now yes.  He promised he'd spend money by 2021, so we'll see if he stands by it.

I'm VERY curious about chabot's next deal.  It will be telling.  8 x 8 means perhaps he is serious, anything else leads to disaster.

Even if they do spend to the cap on a few years there’s no guarantee Chabot would want 8 years. Matthews started the 5 year trend.

I hope not.  That seems to be for superstars or idiot gms that are used like a cheap whore like bergevin.  There's no way Ottawa should let chabot dictate that and have him land in free agency, unless they absolutely have to.
I never understood the Matthews deal. He pretty much put him under contract until his first year of FA. With a superstar, where’s the benefit? Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion but maybe there’s a plan I don’t see/understand

That'll be the first on the agenda on a new Cba. There's no bridge contact anymore and if you dont bend your knee to these stars coming off elcs, another team will, like Montreal with aho.

Why? Because you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. You either sign the player to 5 years or you have the player's agent get a contract drawn up with another team where it's 5 years and just at the number before you have to give out 3 first, whatever it is 8.45 or something. What choice then does the other team have but match? And what risk is it for the other team?

All the power with the players. Marner must not want that little money over 5 years and the negotiations are stuck and he wont sign an aho deal and another team wont risk the firsts in a higher offer sheet, so everyone's deadlocked.

It's quite interesting, this time. Will marner cave and sign 7 or 8 years at 11 or 12, or will Toronto cave and give him 5 years at 9 mil a year, setting up a horrific, nightmare next contract (see Matthews, Austin coming up).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I guess an option is 3 years, 30 ish.

Toronto must have told him no way on the term that gets you to free agency, no way. If you want that you get 8.45, end of story.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Single signs with Carolina 2 years 3.4 per

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Dzingel signs with Carolina 2 years 3.4 per

Good deal for Carolina IMO

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That'll be the first on the agenda on a new Cba.  There's no bridge contact anymore and if you dont bend your knee to these stars coming off elcs, another team will, like Montreal with aho.

Why?  Because you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.   You either sign the player to 5 years or you have the player's agent get a contract drawn up with another team where it's 5 years and just at the number before you have to give out 3 first, whatever it is 8.45 or something.  What choice then does the other team have but match?  And what risk is it for the other team?

All the power with the players.  Marner must not want that little money over 5 years and the negotiations are stuck and he wont sign an aho deal and another team wont risk the firsts in a higher offer sheet, so everyone's deadlocked.

It's quite interesting, this time.  Will marner cave and sign 7 or 8 years at 11 or 12, or will Toronto cave and give him 5 years at 9 mil a year, setting up a horrific, nightmare next contract (see Matthews,  Austin coming up).

You’re right, it’s ridiculous. I don’t want to do away with offersheets but there should be some sort of possibility to avoid having to take player to FA right away.

Although I have to tell you, I hope both Marner and Matthews both walk away after their time is up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

Dzingel is one of these guys that is just going to have to continually prove himself it seems. His poor playoff showing really didn't help his negotiating power this summer I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Dzingel is one of these guys that is just going to have to continually prove himself it seems.  His poor playoff showing really didn't help his negotiating power this summer I guess.

It's really odd to call a 20 goal scorer a dime a dozen, but that's what he feels like. We traded him, Duclair came in and did the exact same job. Opportunity in someone's top 6 and he'll be fine. Not at all built for the playoffs though.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You need players to get you to the playoffs and Dzingel is a guy that can help you get there. Jury is still out on whether or not he can help you in the playoffs. I wouldn't say it's a definite no though.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Cap'n Clutch wrote:You need players to get you to the playoffs and Dzingel is a guy that can help you get there.  Jury is still out on whether or not he can help you in the playoffs.  I wouldn't say it's a definite no though.

It's a good signing for Caroline who I think may have had the best off-season thus far. Will easily replace Ferland's offense. Dzingel had 56 points last year. Almost a 60 point guy (26 goals) for less than $4M is a bargain.

Sens made out like bandits on the Duchene/Dzingel trades. Jury still out on Karlsson and Stone

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Loving my new avatar, but does anyone else find it funny that every Hurricanes forward on their roster shoots left?

Last edited by Lagoon on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6GtJLhgy4/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6GtJLhgy4/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Laughing3

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Boston hires Chris Kelly as player development coordinator

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Boston hires Chris Kelly as player development coordinator

Mmmmmhhhh I knew Kelly leaving was a red flag. “Family reasons” is just a diplomatic way to say difference of opinions.

We should pay attention to who the Sens hire in any position. There might be some interesting names but if it’s their first NHL job in that capacity they might just be using it as a stepping stone. Jessie Winchester I’m looking at you and part time MacArthur(although I think he’s a great guy for that).

It’s great to hire people but if they don’t stick around it’s worse for what it says about the org.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Boston hires Chris Kelly as player development coordinator

Mmmmmhhhh I knew Kelly leaving was a red flag.

I laughed at this. Was that the first red flag you’ve seen?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Mmmmmhhhh I knew Kelly leaving was a red flag.

I laughed at this. Was that the first red flag you’ve seen?

obviously not but as i stated him leaving was passed off as nothing to write about quoting family reasons.

I would love to have a little one on one with someone well linked to ownership in the past. say, Alfredsson. the stories he must have....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I would imagine he has family there after spending seasons there. Maybe not, maybe he just doesn't want to work for Melnyk, which is quite fair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum